Jake Gyllenhaal

foxy
This topic is 6729 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recent "OUT" coverboy, gay cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain" and soon to be released "Jarhead" where he's all beefed up and nearly naked. I'd say this guy is on a roll and I wish it would be in my direction. Somebody post a picture we can all drool over.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried the link provided and it required a membership. But, is this the picture you mentioned?

http://spectacle.provocateuse.com/images/spectacles/jake_gyllenhaal_02.jpg

Here's another interesting picture of him.

http://www.lipglaws.com/jakeG.jpg

-------------

"We need to have more respect for each other. Things have just gone really crazy, out of control. ... We're on a very weird kind of cycle." Stevie Wonder

Our local paper did a piece on Jake today and his filmography is fairly extensive, dating back to 1993 where he appeared in A Dangerous Woman. He did appear in October Sky and in all has 12 films to his credit, including the recent Jarhead and Brokeback Mountain.

His pics in the article, taken at various stages, show a guy who is not bad looking but really nothing too exceptional IMO. He would not stand out particularly amongst many of the dancers working here in Montreal at the stripper bars. Of course maybe he can act, and that would be in his favor, altho the dancer bois put on a pretty good act too!}(

Guest Tristan

OMG is right! I never made the association, though October Sky is one of my all time favorites. Thought he was a great young actor in that flick and wondered what happened to him. Thanks to all for listing some of his other films. I'll have to start catching up.

Guest Tristan

OMG is right! I never made the association, though October Sky is one of my all time favorites. Thought he was a great young actor in that flick and wondered what happened to him. Thanks to all for listing some of his other films. I'll have to start catching up.

If there is one constant theme throughout most of his acting performances and that is he plays these seemingly broodingly type characters. For a relatively young actor, he does this remarkably well.

Some people like him and some dont. I tend to think actors like Charlie Hunnam, Henry Cavill and James Franco who are in same age group as Jake are much more stronger on screen and definitely provide a more broader and defining range in their individual performances. Yet Jake can provide something to his acting roles that they seemingly cant do. He can bring that level of darkness to his various performances as he very much did in " Donnie Darko " and that's where the word " brooding " comes in effect and that in turn defines his strength as an actor.

It's a shame that he's never had a commercial vehicle to make him more of a household name as an actor. The summer of 2004 was supposed to provide a huge boost to Jake's career when he starred in " Day After Tomorrow ". The movie made a ton of money at the box office, unfortunately it turned out to be an artistical disappointment for everyone involved.

I remember a few years ago there were rumors running rampant that Jake was going to replace Tobey McGuire in Spiderman. Had the producers followed through all the way with Jake in the lead. I think it have been interesting how the audience reaction would be as well as the critics. Much in same way after Tim Burton had made two Batman films with Michael Keaton, they both felt that they wanted to move on and try other projects. When Joel Schumacher and Val Kilmer got involved for the third installment, it was very much considered a breath of fresh and the movie made money at the box office. Offcourse in hindsight there are mixed feelings these days when looking back on the Batman franchise. In the case of Spiderman it never happened this way, Tobey came back and as the old saying goes, the rest is history.

Hopeful one day he'll get that chance at box office gold. I hope Jake doesn't get sick and tired of the film industry in general and keeps going for as long as possible.

Ro

If there is one constant theme throughout most of his acting performances and that is he plays these seemingly broodingly type characters. For a relatively young actor, he does this remarkably well.

Some people like him and some dont. I tend to think actors like Charlie Hunnam, Henry Cavill and James Franco who are in same age group as Jake are much more stronger on screen and definitely provide a more broader and defining range in their individual performances. Yet Jake can provide something to his acting roles that they seemingly cant do. He can bring that level of darkness to his various performances as he very much did in " Donnie Darko " and that's where the word " brooding " comes in effect and that in turn defines his strength as an actor.

It's a shame that he's never had a commercial vehicle to make him more of a household name as an actor. The summer of 2004 was supposed to provide a huge boost to Jake's career when he starred in " Day After Tomorrow ". The movie made a ton of money at the box office, unfortunately it turned out to be an artistical disappointment for everyone involved.

I remember a few years ago there were rumors running rampant that Jake was going to replace Tobey McGuire in Spiderman. Had the producers followed through all the way with Jake in the lead. I think it have been interesting how the audience reaction would be as well as the critics. Much in same way after Tim Burton had made two Batman films with Michael Keaton, they both felt that they wanted to move on and try other projects. When Joel Schumacher and Val Kilmer got involved for the third installment, it was very much considered a breath of fresh and the movie made money at the box office. Offcourse in hindsight there are mixed feelings these days when looking back on the Batman franchise. In the case of Spiderman it never happened this way, Tobey came back and as the old saying goes, the rest is history.

Hopeful one day he'll get that chance at box office gold. I hope Jake doesn't get sick and tired of the film industry in general and keeps going for as long as possible.

Ro

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ReturnOfS

I admit that Jake is cute, but I just don't get the obsession that people have with him nowadays. Anyway, I'm glad that his career is doing well.

>OMG is right! I never made the association, though October

>Sky is one of my all time favorites. Thought he was a great

>young actor in that flick

Same here. I just watched it on our flight back to NYC from LA and I got choked up a few times -- what a sweet story. I'm definitely a fan of his now.

Archived