A New Feature For School Photos. What Do You Think?

ValleyDwellerNorth
This topic is 6748 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's that time of year again for school pictures. Do you remember being given a plastic comb and told to gussy up for your school photo? Well, things are a bit different this year. Look at a new feature schools are now offering.

http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/6207/scan3st.jpg

What are your opinions? Is this a bit too much? Are we so obsessed with beauty and perfection that we now zap away the zits (it costs an extra $6.00). In a culture where people are addicted to plastic surgery are we doing a good thing by offering this? Or is this a good idea for kids who are super sensitive about their zits? I have many school photos chronicling my puberty and I am ok now as an adult(I think I am ;) ). Or should we defer this to Joan Rivers?

For you parents here on the message center ... what is your take?

VDN

>Not so new, VDN. My HS photos had this available in 1981.

WOW! I am behind the times! Thanks for the update! I had no idea this started in schools in the 80s.

>Yes, I did have them done. I think I did like them better

>back then. Now they do look a little dumb. But maybe they're

>processes have gotten better.

Can anyone who didn't know you back then tell they were retouched?

>Never heard anyone say one way or another. Probably they were

>just being nice to the poor kid with an acne problem.

Since I was the chubby kid with insane hair, glasses and I was in every musical group AND library club I am sure we would have been friends (or maybe you hanged with the cool kids ... the kind of kids that paid a cute girl to tell me she wanted me ... LOL school was insane!)

VDN

IMHO..Zit removal is very good for the "Possibility" of getting Laid in your Youth AND YOUR CAREER..Brad Pitt's Ruddy complexion, gets THE RETOUCH ALOT in his Pro Photos. Hasn't hurt him...

You can always say, and here is what I look like on a good day!

Yes I to had FREE ZIT removal for my H.S. Photo...LOL :+ :+

When I read the title, I thought I would be viewing some young cute head shots of some hotties. Well, I think I was a might bit deceived or mislead. That goes for my wanting to be slightly voyueristic, I guess.

I really miss the shots that were formerly posted here before that bizarre law went into effect in July.

I graduated from high school in 1960, and the photos in my yearbook were often retouched. One girl with bad skin who almost never had a date looked so different in her yearbook photo that everyone suddenly took another look at her, and realized for the first time what stunning features she had.

Add me to the list of high schools that retouched everybody's photos, or at least those of the senior class. All seniors wore the same "prop" clothes for the shoot... you'd show up for your photo, and if you were a guy they'd strap on a false tux shirt/jacket/tie combo, and if you were a gal they'd drape you in a black cloth to look like a dress. When they published the yearbook it looked like we'd all been wacked with a couple of pounds of talcum powder, though some of the photos did look very glamorous and the clothes looked convincing. This was in the Bay Area in the late 80's, though the matching evening wear seemed like a very old fashioned tradition at the time.

Archived