Blade & BostonGuy

Guest Shooter
This topic is 8803 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Shooter

Not that I know these guys, but you kind of get used to reading their compositions and admiring their insight.

I know Blade said he got nailed. Does anyone know if he's okay?

And BostonGuy, what's up with you?

Maybe they're still here and I'm just missing something. One of my hobbies is worrying about things I have no control over!! :-)

Where are they?

Shooter, I'm with you. BostonGuy disappeared off the net around the middle of February and not a day has gone by that I haven't thought (and, like you, worried) about him. He gave such great advice, so carefully, so eloquently, and so compassionately. Both of them have been great, great contributors to this site and I only hope that one or both of them will read this and let us know how and where they are. Thanks for bringing it up. Will

Guest Shooter

RE: Where are they?

Thanks, Will! For a while there, I was beginning to think that I posted this in the Twilight Zone (or is that the ozone?) but then the sad thought occurred to me that I was alone in my concern. Oh, well. Maybe bringing this back to the top will prompt one or both of them (or somebody...anybody?) to have mercy on my type 1 personality and relieve my anxiety. :o

Check under "Any CPA's Out There..." for an explanation from "Bilbo", the "Artist formerly known as Blade" :)

Thanks for the tip, YR. I know that BostonGuy often posted on Atkol as Seekesctr or something like that, but I've looked all over it and can't find him. He did me a REALLY BIG favor -- via private e-mail -- in February. I wrote to thank him for his superb advice and to tell him how well it worked for me, but I never heard a word. It really does worry me. After a while, as Shooter said, you get to feel like you know these guys. And Blade and BostonGuy are among the best.

I feel a little bit like Huck Finn sneaking in and seeing what nice things everybody has to say about me at my own funeral. Sorry I made you worry. I didn't notice this thread until today.

I finally found out what is going to happen to me last Monday. Aside from that first night, I am not having to do any more jail time. Whew! I am on differed adjudication, which means that if I keep my nose clean til the middle of December I won't have a finding of guilty on my files. The arrest won't go away, though, and a second one would probably definitely mean jail time, which would be deathly for me. Boring!! And the city jail (I don't know about the County which is where I would probably be staying in that event.) has mattresses that resemble high scholl wrestling mats that have seen many better days. So I am definitely retired from ... whatever I may allegedly have been doing. But I am still very interested in it, and in all of y'all, so that's why I am now on under a different name. And still a bit of a rabblerouser. Please check out my new posting about legalization if you haven't already.

Love, me

Forgot to mention - I can't drink anything alchoholic until mid-December, which isn't as bad on me as it might be on others. I have never done my Gaelic heritage up proud with my ability to drink others under the table. In fact, I usually only drink when I'm out and only go out when I'm in a drag show to make money for the community. Gads! The thought of everyone having to put up with a stonecold sober Miss Fancy Pace-Lawrence for all that time! I'm glad it's thema and not me.

Guest Shooter

One down, one to go!!

Okay, that's one extra weight off my mind! (I'd be weightlifting champ if those things were pounds right now!) Thanks for letting us worriers know. Hope all works out for you!

Now, the BostonGuy thing is reaching critical proportions! The fantasy would be that: (A) He found a great partner who fulfills all his needs and insists he stay off this board or (B) One of us pissed him off and he's in the corner in a huff. (You know, like a kid punishes mom by 'running away' down the block!) The other possibilities SUCK! (and I don't mean that in a nice way, either!)

BTW Blade, I mean Bilbo, are you still a top-notch masseur or is that nixed, too? Just curious in case I get to Houston. :-)

Guest REGINA

WELCOME BACK BILBO

Bilbo-you're the bomb! I too was worried about you until I read your message. I really hope everything goes well for you. If I'm ever in the heart of TX and need a little rieki (sorry, can't spell that one) you know I'll be all set. I can't think of anything better than having you hover over me and exchange our energies.

GOD, just writing that has me all a-quiver!

I'm wraping myself around you now. Welcome back. :*

RE: WELCOME BACK BILBO

Gee, thanks guys! (blush)

Yes, I'm still doing massage. But I have renamed my Tantric massage Swedish Plus* and am losing a lot of (first I typed costumers, then cum - talk about Freudian sleeps) customers when I tell them (as my native honesty has so far been forcing me to do) that "the optional section is no longer an option."

Next January when I apply for a license renewal this arrest (though I received deferred adjudication (no finding of guilty if I am a good boy during my p.) and my p. (It sounds like parole but its not.) is over in mid December) anyway this arrest will push my application into a committee where they can choose to 1. do nothing. 2. take away my license for awhile. or 3. revoke it completely.

Sheesh. A librarian's son and obviously at a loss for words. I better go to bed, alone. (Though I have a lover, we don't live together. Think of it as a 3 mile long corridor between seperate bedrooms.)

Love y'all from someone actually in Houston.

You know I share the same sentiments with everyone here.

You were one of my first supporters and even though we have never met, I feel like I know you and I know that I like you very much.

HooBoy

You know I share the same sentiments with everyone here.

You were one of my first supporters and even though we have never met, I feel like I know you and I know that I like you very much.

HooBoy

Guest Shooter

RE: One down, one to go!!

Outstanding! Now I can go find something else to obsess about! Probably those stupid duplicate postings which I can't get rid of!! :-)

Thanks to you again, Shooter, for being pro-active on your Type A personality. Am I ever glad to see your name again, Boston Guy. The flu is nothing compared with what I'd feared and my relief is just tremendous. We've obviously missed you a lot, and look forward to your wisdom, care, and wit when you have the time to reappear for good. All the very best from Will.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be the cause of such intense speculation -- but I do appreciate the concern.

Since mid-February, I've had to deal with a rather difficult bout of the flu :-(, a nice vacation :-), and shepherding a large project at work that got farther behind because of my two absences.

So my ability to spend time on other avocations online has been constrained and will continue to be for a little while longer. But I'm fine and, as time allows, I'll try to contribute here and there online.

Thanks again to those of you who were concerned.

Archived