Congrats to the Sox!

deej
This topic is 6750 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Couldn't the Astros have just "phoned in"? Could have saved everyone a lot of effort. :7

I love the White Sox winning, and following in the footsteps of the suffering of their fellow brethren, the Red Sox last year, 4 straight!!!!! :o

Damn, I've been on this planet a few decades, and I never thought I would see either the Red Sox or the White Sox win a World Series. Having them win back to back is absolutely wonderful, as they are both "old school", throwbacks to the days when there wasn't any of that silly assed crap with divisions and wild cards and league playoffs. One winner for each league who played in the World Series.

Finally, the best team in either league, has beaten a wild card from the other league! When was the last time that happened?

Congratulations to the White Sox, their fans, the city of Chicago and to all "purist fans" of the game of baseball!

>Finally, the best team in either league, has beaten a wild

>card from the other league! When was the last time that

>happened?

>

>Congratulations to the White Sox, their fans, the city of

>Chicago and to all "purist fans" of the game of baseball!

Just for the record St. Louis had a better won/lost record that Chicago from the first day of the season to the last. That fact aside, I am thrilled the White Sox won, especially against a wide card team. In retrospect, the best thing that could have happened to the Sox did --

Cleveland got hot near the end of the season and the Chicago had to really fight during the last three weeks of the season rather than coast like Atlanta and St. Louis.

The White Sox have a great team and the victoty is great for the city of Chicago and major league baseball.

Congrats to the White Sox's...

I am also sure some of the White Sox Fans will be hiring Mark/Chicago from last weeks reviews, to celebrate in Chicago, this week..He definitely would look great in a Baseball Uniform..A tight one of course. He looks like he could hit a few Home runs with those Biceps! Sounds like a great role play scenario to me! LOL :+

It's always a good thing to get that unique JT perspective...

As for myself, as a life long Yankee fan I was elated when the White Sox beat the crap out of the Red Sox... and now am just as happy that they beat the crap out of the Astros and that ex-Yankee traitor Roger Clemens...

Still, if Steinbrenner hadn't given up on Hernandez and Contraris who knows what might have been...!?!

Actually, he's from Venezula (I think). In cultures outside the repressed USA it isn't uncommon for men to plant conratulatory kisses on other men. Every 4 years during the Olympics, 'muricans get all a-twitter when a gymnastics coach kisses his gymnasts as they come off the floor after a good routine.

And Ozzie Guillen is anything BUT reserved when expressing his feelings!

"In cultures outside the repressed USA it isn't uncommon for men to plant conratulatory kisses on other men."

My son said the same thing when I teased him by saying, "You see, there are homosexuals in professional sports!"

Ozzie is a native born Venezuelan and by "Latin" I meant any "romance-speaking people from the Americas," in other words the Spanish. I didn't want to exclude that fine, young (unidentified) man who also appears in the picture.

The first thing that went through my mind when I studied the impact of this pic: Ozzie looks as though he's been in this situation before with this assertive young man and seems to "appear" a little self-conscience, as if he's looking to see if anyone will notice his secret affection for this young man.

Of course, this could be the furthest thing from the truth and probably is but that's why I love great photography. It's a terrific art form and this is a fun example of a picture that can make you think and wonder.

>Ozzie is a native born Venezuelan

Yeah, I said that.

>and by "Latin" I meant any

>"romance-speaking people from the Americas," in other words

>the Spanish. I didn't want to exclude that fine, young

>(unidentified) man who also appears in the picture.

Bigot. Spaniards might balk at seeing Latin Americans labeled "Spanish". Spanish-speaking, maybe, although that doesn't cover the Portuguese-speaking population of Latin America, among others.

>if anyone will notice his secret affection for this young

>man.

His team just won the World Series. He's probably feeling pretty damned affectionate towards each and every one of them, even that "Spanish" Japanese player he's kissing.

>Of course, this could be the furthest thing from the truth and

>probably is

Doh!

Guest princeleo

Actually, the boy Ozzie is kissing in the photo is his 14 year old son who works in the dugout as a translater. I doubt there was anything sexual about this kiss.

More interesting are notorious homophobe Carl Everett's comments earlier this year when he said that there are gay players on his team. There are a number of cute single guys on the team including Scott Podsednik, Mark Beurle, Neil Cotts and Brandon McCarthy. I wonder to whom he is refering??

RE: Congrats to princeleo!

Given the foul stench left by the OP's incredibly rude breadth (no typo), I had not planned to revisit this thread. However, thank you, princeleo, for your interesting contribution.

When I mentioned to my son (the sports authority in my house) that VaHawk suggested the young man might be Tadahito Iguchi, my son replied, "Japanese men bow, they DON'T kiss." Considering how many times I've been to Japan, I was pissed I couldn't take credit for my son's insightful retort.

If the young man is Ozzie's son as you claim, then let's believe nothing sexual is there. Father-Son fantasies are NOT my thing.

The image remains powerful, nonetheless, and this thread more funny if your claim is fact. I see Bill Maher wasted no time to reference the pic on last Friday's "Real Time."

Archived