Rosa Parks Thank you and rest in peace.

bigguyinpasadena

This topic is 5930 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I lived in Detroit I was lucky enough to attend a lecture where she told her story. I was awestruck with this woman and the magnitude of her influence on the civil rights movement.

Wish there were more people like her.

-------------

"We need to have more respect for each other. Things have just gone really crazy, out of control. ... We're on a very weird kind of cycle." Stevie Wonder

Thanks to the originator of this thread! She is definitely one to whom homage and acknowledgment should be paid! I was lucky to have seen and heard her speak back in the late 70s or early 80s in Monterey, California.

May you rest in peace, Mrs. Parks! Blessings on your spirit and soul!!

It took a lot of guts to do one little thing like she did. Since hearing about her death, I've been reminded to face up to the many little things that I've been avoiding or not trying.

I guess we all can't be like her in that her act added up to a more public event; mine will add up to making me a better person, which is something good too.

Such a shame that she is the only woman in U.S. history to be honored by lying in state in DC. There are women who are at least as worthy in ways other than what those other men did.