Car doors

twinkboylover28
This topic is 6759 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has this ever happened to you before?

It sounds like a bad episode oy Jerry Seinfeld.

I was parked sitting in my car in a parking lot at MIcky Dees at lunch time. All of a sudden I hear a loud noise. I thought someone crashed or bumped their car into my car.

When I turned around to see what happened, i found out some asshole slammed HIS car door right into the side of my car... without any regard for scratches or damages it might cause.

How fucking rude!

What would you have done in this situation? I didn't even have a gay pride sticker on my car J/K :)

Since I had just ordered food from the drive-thru, i didnt want to confront the guy since it would surely upset my appetite even more.

Why can't people just gently open their car door without slamming it into someone elses car? If he thought I had parked too close to his car, he could have asked me to back out. I'm sure he saw me sitting in my car and he still intentionaly slammed his car door into my car.

This wasn't a little slam, this was full-frontal, hard-as-possible slam. Ruined my whole day.

Thank God my car wasnt damaged.

On a similar note, I hate driving my BRAND NEW car on Detroit highways when there are these construction semi trucks that have rocks/pebbles flying off the back of them.

My brand new car windshield received permananet dents and the entire hood had some permanent dents from the pebbles slamming into it at 0 mph.

I would be pissed if I was driving a brand new mercedes or BMW. I guess since it's "only" a grand prix I shouldnt be so mad.

It is against the law for trucks to drive on the highway with rocks flying off of them in all directions; however, the law rarely gets enforced and the fines are too small to be a deterance.

Finally, I hate it when a car which is stopped at a red light makes a right turn directly in front of me.... only to drive 5 mph BELOW the speed limit!

If you were that much in a hurry to make a right turn on a red light,causing me to brake for your ass, then why the hell arent you driving atleast the speed limit?

Ok I'm done venting :)

Has this ever happened to you before?

It sounds like a bad episode oy Jerry Seinfeld.

I was parked sitting in my car in a parking lot at MIcky Dees at lunch time. All of a sudden I hear a loud noise. I thought someone crashed or bumped their car into my car.

When I turned around to see what happened, i found out some asshole slammed HIS car door right into the side of my car... without any regard for scratches or damages it might cause.

How fucking rude!

What would you have done in this situation? I didn't even have a gay pride sticker on my car J/K :)

Since I had just ordered food from the drive-thru, i didnt want to confront the guy since it would surely upset my appetite even more.

Why can't people just gently open their car door without slamming it into someone elses car? If he thought I had parked too close to his car, he could have asked me to back out. I'm sure he saw me sitting in my car and he still intentionaly slammed his car door into my car.

This wasn't a little slam, this was full-frontal, hard-as-possible slam. Ruined my whole day.

Thank God my car wasnt damaged.

On a similar note, I hate driving my BRAND NEW car on Detroit highways when there are these construction semi trucks that have rocks/pebbles flying off the back of them.

My brand new car windshield received permananet dents and the entire hood had some permanent dents from the pebbles slamming into it at 0 mph.

I would be pissed if I was driving a brand new mercedes or BMW. I guess since it's "only" a grand prix I shouldnt be so mad.

It is against the law for trucks to drive on the highway with rocks flying off of them in all directions; however, the law rarely gets enforced and the fines are too small to be a deterance.

Finally, I hate it when a car which is stopped at a red light makes a right turn directly in front of me.... only to drive 5 mph BELOW the speed limit!

If you were that much in a hurry to make a right turn on a red light,causing me to brake for your ass, then why the hell arent you driving atleast the speed limit?

Ok I'm done venting :)

Guest bighugbearphx

Could be worse. At least you don't have to drive here in AZ, where we have the worst drivers on the planet, plus a mixture of snowbirds to make it interesting.

Ever been driving on the freeway, see someone looking like they are stopped dead in the right lane so you pass, only to discover they actually missed their exit and were BACKING UP to get to it?? I have.

If you are in the center lane passing someone who is turning on the right, you have to be careful, since they are likely to swing WAY to the left before they make their right turn. I've never seen that in any other state, but it is common here.

Driving around near Sun City is especially fun. That city used to issue its own drivers permits to seniors who don't qualify for a state license, so they can drive their modified golf carts to and from the store. Can't count the number of times I've read a 85-90 year old driver got "distracted" and plunged into a crowd on the sidewalk.

Car makers can save some money on cars sold in AZ by eliminating the turn signals, since NOBODY who lives here uses them. If you do see someone with a dirrectional signal going, chances are it is a "snowbird" (winter visitor from another state), and they drive with them on CONSTANTLY ... sometimes even four-way flashers.

And, speaking of snowbirds, you mentioned Mickey D's, and during the winter months you can count the number of days that drive-through lanes at restaurants and banks are out of commission because some snowbird with a gigantic RV tried to drive through it and got wedged in there. "It says 'Clearance 11'6"', and we're only a few inches higher than that. I thought they'd ALLOW for that!"

Last but not least, you haven't experienced frustration until you have to use a two lane (can't pass) state road, driving behind snowbirds doing 30 (in a 55 mph) and slowing down to POINT at each cactus they pass! (A friend has a bumper sticker: "It's SNOWBIRD SEASON! Where can I get a hunting license??")

If you are in the center lane passing someone who is turning on the right, you have to be careful, since they are likely to swing WAY to the left before they make their right turn. I've never seen that in any other state, but it is common here.

I quoted this from your reply, but somehow it came out in the same font as I'm using--not very "with it" My point is this:

Here in Western New York State, people do the same thing. When I asked my younger brother (he's 50) why he thought people did it--he said it's probably older drivers who learned to drive without power steering, and/or truck drivers who are used to having to maneuver big rigs in narrower roads?? At any rate---your'e right, they are a hazard.

Glad to hear New York is not the only state where driving is an "adventure."

Had the rock and pebble thing occur to me on my drive home this very evening… It only reconfirmed why I am so much happier driving my 13-year-old quasi jalopy… as opposed to a newer vehicle! Better to spend the cash on more important endeavors...

Still, if I were sitting in my car and some idiot had the nerve to slam his door into mine I don’t think I would have been as calm about it… At least there was no damage done... but then again some people are really off the wall...

At any rate, we all need to vent… glad you were able to get things off your chest... :-)

>we have the worst drivers on the planet

Nope. Not even close. LA holds the blue ribbon on worst drivers. Add self-important pricks on cell phones AND A DEADLINE, DAMMIT and it gets worse. I was reminded of it once again while driving home from San Francisco recently. I could tell the minute I crossed the LA county line.

(The wide left swing on a right turn is almost universal, by the way. It happens everywhere.)

I've driven in DC, NYC, Chicago, and various other cities on road trips all over the country. There isn't ANYTHING that can hold a candle to LA's stupidity.

For turn signals, the local joke is that they're to signal the lane change you just made. I could never understand the road rage phenomenon until I lived in LA and had to deal with the LA freeway system. Now I understand it.

I've seen people approach an intersection with two through lanes and one each left/right turn lanes get in the right turn lane, and then dive across all lanes to make a left turn at the last minute. In traffic. And it wasn't a one-time thing. I see it weekly.

To show you how little reality is involved in driving in LA, let me describe a parking lot at one of my doctor's office. It has an entire row of parking spaces clearly marked COMPACT CAR. They're not marked with little signs. The concrete is painted COMPACT CAR at the entrance to every parking spot.

That row of spaces is routinely filled witn compact Lincoln Navigators, compact Hummers, compact Ford Explorers, compact Cadillac Escalades, etc.

Angelinos truly don't get the concept behind what they're piloting on the roads.

Although I go to Montreal quite often, driving into the city and out of it is practically ALL the driving I do. Once I safely get into the hotel's parking garage, I walk or use the metro. You are right, drivers, at least in the city of Montreal, are unbelievable---and it's not just drivers who are risk. Walking across St. Catherine, even with the light going for you, is an adventure. RUN don't walk across the streets---and watch out for the "speeders" turning left onto side streets--I've been missed by centimeters several times.

Archived