Straight people - what to call them?? ;O)

friendofsheila
This topic is 6753 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about "Friend of Ted (Nugent)"?

Do you know, my spanish-speaking gay friends tell me that there is no word for "straight" in spanish gay slang.

Maybe it's because the gay communities in most latin american countries aren't strong enough to support a strong identity. But most spanish speakers love to come up with little names for various groups... there are innumerable names for we gays (none of which are very flattering), four for white folk, 3 I know of for blacks...

One guy I know from Colombia told me that spanish speaking gays sometimes call straights "Bugis", but I've never been able to verify that with anyone else. Anyone out there know of a spanish idiom for straight (besides "los straights")?

La Trix

How about "Friend of Ted (Nugent)"?

Do you know, my spanish-speaking gay friends tell me that there is no word for "straight" in spanish gay slang.

Maybe it's because the gay communities in most latin american countries aren't strong enough to support a strong identity. But most spanish speakers love to come up with little names for various groups... there are innumerable names for we gays (none of which are very flattering), four for white folk, 3 I know of for blacks...

One guy I know from Colombia told me that spanish speaking gays sometimes call straights "Bugis", but I've never been able to verify that with anyone else. Anyone out there know of a spanish idiom for straight (besides "los straights")?

La Trix

After I posted this, I had vague memories of another old-fart computer person besides myself in the message center alluding to a usenet group soc.motss which was created in response to soc.motos (social interactions - members of the opposite sex), so, seems to me that if you wanted a catchy computer acronym you could use "fotos" for friend-of-the-opposite-sex.

{Am I dating myself? maybe I'm the only one that will <date myself> ? ;-) )

Maybe a "Friend of Mel's?" (As in Mel Gibson.) Or a "Friend of the Pope?" However, I also like "Friend of Shrub" or "Friend of Falwell's."

Not sure about Spanish slang for "straight," other than "hetero." It's likely to vary from country to country, though.

In Braziian Portuguese, straights are referred to as "quadrados" (squares) or "caretas" (a slang term that can also mean hopelessly bland/boring/middle-of-the-road).

Since we gays are friends of a woman, Dorothy, then I suggest that in turn, straight men be referred to as friends of a woman. As such, my suggestion is Friend of Flo.

"If you want to give me fellatio"

"Then you must have a monthly flow" :o

RE: Not OF...IN

"Or Friends of the Queen of DENIAL

either way...."

WTF? Is this supposed to be remotely funny? This has got to be one of the most inane comments about gays, bis, straights, and the openly accepting people who are their friends/family that has ever been uttered! :-(

Grow up maybe???? x(

Archived