Craigslist Busts In Boston

Guest Tampa Yankee
This topic is 6756 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tampa Yankee

Local television station WHDH Channel 7 reported on the ‘News at Eleven’ that five female prostitutes contacted through Craiglist.org over the last two weeks were busted by Braintree Police. Braintree is a suburb of Boston located on ‘The South Shore’. The live report ended with a remark by the reporter that authorities intend to broaden their focus to include other online venues. The Channel 7 live report was more extensive than their online link would lead one to believe.

It is unclear where this might go in terms of online sites, how it might spread to other towns, or whether Johns might become a target interest. Publicity can be a strong motive, especially in election years. Or whether it might pass like a gas bubble in the night. One thing seems apparent. This probably wasn’t instigated by neighborhood complaints of undesirable activity. There was no hint of that in the report. I guess the local fathers think it is time to clean up the local cyberstreets.

For all the Beantown buddies, forewarned is forearmed. Measure twice, hire once.

(http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BOS7385/)

Guest endoman31

I contacted an 18 yo boy. From his response I suspected that it was a trap. He only wanted my phone number (good for caller ID).

I told him, via Email , that I was not interested.

I see a comparable ad now for the Bronx. Queens is out of his loop at the present time. This is the big apple.

Archived