Born 50 years too late......

spiro3
This topic is 6761 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone else read the cover story on gay teens in a recent issue of TIME mag?

http://www.time.com/time/archive/preview/0,10987,1112856,00.html

Fortunately, I picked a copy up in the Portland Airport, as I haven't seen a single issue on display here in Colorado.....pulled by the management?

Anyway, there are a couple of interesting points made by the article; that gay Christian teens seem pretty relaxed with their orientation and act more stereotypically gay than their bretheren who are active in their high school GSA clubs Also that, despite the universality of the phrase "That's so gay" in teen-speak, most straight teens nowadays think it very uncool to be anti-gay.

Another thing I appreciated in the article were the gay teens photographed were pretty normal looking....not the usual punk, freak, flamers the press usually trot out. Some of the boys would cause a stir on this site......

Can't help wonder how my life might have been different if such an article had come out when I was a teen.......

A member of my family is a local television news director in a major market. He told me, whenever a story comes up about gay day or gay men, the producer will edit out all the normal or handsome men. His reason is, we do not want to make the gay life style look good to any teen boys who might be watching this clip.

Guest zipperzone

>A member of my family is a local television news director in

>a major market. He told me, whenever a story comes up about

>gay day or gay men, the producer will edit out all the normal

>or handsome men. His reason is, we do not want to make the gay

>life style look good to any teen boys who might be watching

>this clip.

Now that's just plain sick!

Guest msclonly

RE: Born 50 years too late.or too early?..

Are you sure that you didn't mean you were 'Born 50 years too late...?

Which is it?

:+

Archived