411 on 911?

samhexum

Peter Krause has been tapped as the male lead opposite Angela Bassett in 9-1-1, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s upcoming drama series for Fox.

Additionally, longtime Murphy collaborator Tim Minear (Feud, American Horror Story), has joined the series as executive producer and showrunner, McG (Lethal Weapon) will direct the series premiere.

Written and executive produced by Murphy and Falchuk, 9-1-1 is a procedural drama that explores the high-pressure experiences of police, paramedics and firefighters who are thrust into the most frightening, shocking and heart-stopping situations. These emergency responders must try to balance saving those who are at their most vulnerable with solving the problems in their own lives.

9-1-1 received a 13-episode straight-to-series order by Fox in May. 20th Century Fox TV, where Murphy and McG are based, is the studio.

74109a6c05c5710587d09765458a8210--peter-krause-hairy-men.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vpuJOIF7G8g/S4D3uyzT--I/AAAAAAAABfs/X6s1aiXliUQ/s320/peter_krause10.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XAASXPbxD2w/UCbftgr9XNI/AAAAAAAAQf4/TocWWdYwz78/s1600/PeterKrause001.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quite a co-inky-dink that tonight's show aired the day I read THIS in the paper...

Cecil the lion suffered “incredible cruelty” during a drawn-out death that took as long as 12 hours, according to a disturbing new account of his 2015 demise at the hands of an American trophy hunter.

Oxford University biologist Andrew Loveridge, who studied 13-year-old Cecil with a team of researchers for nearly 10 years, has uncovered new details about the death of the majestic beast that sparked an international furor, according toan excerpt published in National Geographic.

Walter Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota who reportedly paid $50,000 to hunt Cecil, might have been aiming for a hunting record based on how he killed the big cat with a bow and arrow, Loveridge writes in “Lion Hearted: The Life and Death of Cecil and the Future of Africa’s Iconic Cats.”

Palmer, along with Zimbabwean hunter Theo Bronkhorst, used the scent of an elephant carcass to lure Cecil out of Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe. The group, which also included tracker Cornelius Ncube and skinner Ndabezinhle Ndebele, moved the bait out of the protected habitat “presumably by dragging it behind a Land Cruiser,” according to Loveridge.

Palmer, hidden in a tree, was armed with “lethally sharp arrows.” After Cecil began chowing on the carcass, the trophy hunter, between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. on July 1, struck him with the first arrow, Loveridge writes.

By 7 the next morning, the hunting party watched Cecil while he wandered only about 174 yards. Palmer was instructed to “finish the lion off” around 9 a.m. with a second arrow, Loveridge writes. By then, Cecil had moved just 380 yards from the place where he was initially struck, according to GPS data from Cecil’s collar.

“Judging from the events described by Cornelius and the data sent by the GPS collar, the injured lion most likely was killed 10 to 12 hours after being wounded,” Loveridge writes. “He most definitely did not die instantly and almost certainly suffered considerably.”

Loveridge supposes that the reason for Cecil’s agonizing death was Palmer’s interest in securing a record for killing a bow-hunted specimen.

“Perhaps part of the explanation is that Palmer was hoping to submit this obviously large trophy to a hunting record book as a bow-hunted specimen,” Loveridge says. Killing Cecil with a firearm would “render the trophy ineligible as a bow-hunt record.”

Loveridge suggests Palmer hoped Cecil would die from the initial arrow, which explains why the lion suffered for up to 12 hours before he was put out of his misery.

“If this was the case, Cecil the lion died slowly and painfully to allow a hunter the ultimate vanity of claiming he had killed a huge lion with a bow and arrow,” Loveridge writes.

Before killing Cecil, Palmer reportedly had 43 recorded bow-and-arrow kills — including a buffalo, mountain lion and polar bear — as a member of Safari Club International.

After initial reports of Cecil’s death, Palmer did not explain his killing methods and said he knew little about the details of Cecil’s life.

“I had no idea that the lion I took was a known local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt,” Palmer told the Minneapolis Star Tribune in 2015. “I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt.”

Palmer was the target of threats after his actions drew outrage, though he was never charged with a crime.

He returned to his dental practice in September 2015, telling the Minneapolis Star Tribune: “I’m a health professional. I need to get back to treating my patients. My staff and my patients support me and they want me back.”

Still, Loveridge suggests Palmer’s actions were needlessly cruel.

“What I find most difficult about the whole incident is the apparent callousness with which the hunters undertook this hunt,” he writes. “The lion was a commodity to be collected, ‘taken’ in hunting parlance. Concern for the pain and suffering of the animal never seems to have been a particular consideration.”

• 2 months later...

Did y'all realize Connie Britton only signed on for one season? They're negotiating with her now to make a few appearances next year, which I guess would be to wrap things up with Buck.

As for the season finale, if Peter Krause was going to wind up with one of the soon-to-be-divorced characters, I'd rather it be the other one. ;):cool::rolleyes:

http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics/co/2018/co180120.gif

content.php?file=aHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2ZlYXR1cmVzLmNvbS9Ccm9vbUhpbGRhLzIwMTgvMDQvQnJvb21fSGlsZGEuMjAxODA0MjdfNzYwLmdpZg==

After several years out of the spotlight, Jennifer Love Hewitt made her return Monday for the FOX Upfronts to promote "9-1-1" -- she's joined the show for its the second season, an exciting cast development after the exit of Connie Britton.

After Jennifer starred in "Criminal Minds" in 2015, she seemingly retreated from Hollywood around that time: Photo archives indicate she hasn't stepped foot on a red carpet in four years. Her last major appearance was for a CBS press tour in July 2014.

dims?thumbnail=1000%2C655%2Cauto&image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs.blogcdn.com%2Fslideshows%2Fimages%2Fslides%2F733%2F204%2F8%2FS7332048%2Fslug%2Fl%2F2018-fox-network-upfront-1.jpg&client=cbc79c14efcebee57402&signature=e6b3228f635d29462e61b7e45456d7f39bfe7bbb

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the recent episode there was a segment about an old gay couple. Through flashbacks we saw how they met during the disco era and finally their marriage. One died in an accident. The other said that they wanted to go together. He bent down to say good bye holding his hand. He died too. It was such a sweet story. It brought tears.

The couple were played by Francis X McCarthy (Thomas) and Lawrence Pressman (Mitchell)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0565133/?ref_=tt_cl_t14

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0696303/

Young Thomas & Mitchell

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3907255/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t27

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3631751/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t30

Edited by Avalon

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Rockmond Dunbar, an original member of Fox’s ‘9-1-1,’ has exited the show over his refusal to get a COVID-19 vaccine, Variety has confirmed.

His character, Michael Grant, was written off Monday evening’s show due to differences about new COVID protocols on the show. The show, produced by 20th Television, now requires actors to be vaccinated.

Dunbar applied for religious and medical wavers to the requirement but was denied.

Fox and 20th Television confirmed his departure, which the social media account for the show tweeted about last night.

“We take the health and safety of all of our employees very seriously, and have implemented a mandatory vaccination confirmation process for those working in Zone A on our productions,” 20th Television said in a statement. “In order to ensure a safer workplace for all, Zone A personnel who do not confirm their vaccination status and do not meet the criteria for exemption will not be eligible to work.”

Dunbar expressed gratitude for his time on the show while alluding to the reasons for his exit.

“I applied for religious and medical accommodations pursuant to the law and unfortunately was denied by my employer,” Dunbar said in a statement. “My sincerely held beliefs and private medical history are very intimate and personal aspects of my life that I do not publicly discuss and have no desire to start now. I’ve been an actor in this business for 30 years, but my greatest roles are as a husband and father to our 4 small children. As a man that walks in faith, I look forward to what the future holds. I have enjoyed the last 5 seasons with this wonderful cast and crew and will cherish the time I’ve been blessed to spend with this series and wish everyone involved nothing but the best.”

‘9-1-1’ debuted in January 2018 and stars Angela Bassett and Peter Krause. It has won awards including consecutive Image Awards for Bassett in 2020 and 2021.

Dunbar has previously appeared in shows including “The Mentalist,” “Sons of Anarchy,” “Prison Break” and “For Richer or Poorer.” He has received two Image Award nominations, one for “Sons of Anarchy” and another for his performance in “Raising Izzie.”

This is a bummer.  I liked his character and enjoyed looking at him, too.   They had him and his (male) doctor-fiance go to Haiti to help other volunteers get the country back on track.

Edited by samhexum
Just for the hell of it.

45 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Rockmond Dunbar, an original member of Fox’s ‘9-1-1,’ has exited the show over his refusal to get a COVID-19 vaccine, Variety has confirmed.

His character, Michael Grant, was written off Monday evening’s show due to differences about new COVID protocols on the show. The show, produced by 20th Television, now requires actors to be vaccinated.

Dunbar applied for religious and medical wavers to the requirement but was denied.

Fox and 20th Television confirmed his departure, which the social media account for the show tweeted about last night.

“We take the health and safety of all of our employees very seriously, and have implemented a mandatory vaccination confirmation process for those working in Zone A on our productions,” 20th Television said in a statement. “In order to ensure a safer workplace for all, Zone A personnel who do not confirm their vaccination status and do not meet the criteria for exemption will not be eligible to work.”

Dunbar expressed gratitude for his time on the show while alluding to the reasons for his exit.

“I applied for religious and medical accommodations pursuant to the law and unfortunately was denied by my employer,” Dunbar said in a statement. “My sincerely held beliefs and private medical history are very intimate and personal aspects of my life that I do not publicly discuss and have no desire to start now. I’ve been an actor in this business for 30 years, but my greatest roles are as a husband and father to our 4 small children. As a man that walks in faith, I look forward to what the future holds. I have enjoyed the last 5 seasons with this wonderful cast and crew and will cherish the time I’ve been blessed to spend with this series and wish everyone involved nothing but the best.”

‘9-1-1’ debuted in January 2018 and stars Angela Bassett and Peter Krause. It has won awards including consecutive Image Awards for Bassett in 2020 and 2021.

Dunbar has previously appeared in shows including “The Mentalist,” “Sons of Anarchy,” “Prison Break” and “For Richer or Poorer.” He has received two Image Award nominations, one for “Sons of Anarchy” and another for his performance in “Raising Izzie.”

This is a bummer.  I liked his character and enjoyed looking at him, too.   They had him and his (male) doctor-fiance go to Haiti to help other volunteers get the country back on track

Honestly there's no loss there in my opinion.  I thought they were gonna kill him off a long time ago when he had the whole brain tumor thing.  I just don't think he's a good actor and always kinda plays "dumb" in everything.  Watch some of his scenes in Tyler Perry's The Family That Prays.

• 1 year later...