HIV and Circumcision

KY_TOP
This topic is 6744 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From today's news:

A South African AIDS expert yesterday advocated male circumcision as the best available "vaccine" against the virus in his country, where an estimated 6 million people are infected and 600 people die every day.

Francois Venter told a congress of health activists in the Treatment Action Campaign that recent survey in the Soweto Township indicated that circumcised men were 65% less likely to contract AIDS than those who had not been circumcised.

Some researchers in early studies have said they believe cells in the foreskin may be particularly susceptable to infection.

(I wonder what a study in the USA or Europe would show?)

Definitely True. The "Hood Factor Theory" has been around a long time. It has always been reccomended that the "Hood Guys" takes Baths as opposed to Showers, to thoroughly Clean inside the Hood. Showers donot clean as well as a good soak does. Actually that is reccomended for both Hooded and Un-Hooded! :+

I've seen a study but can't seem to locate it right now.

The problem with comparing circumcized/non in the US is there is such a large segment of the population circumcized at birth. It makes getting a large enough statistical sampling to show definitive differences difficult at best.

But I remember there was a definite trend. The uncut guys tended to be more prone to infection. Something to do with the head being less accustomed to the every day wear and tear of banging around in your boxers.

I Personally know of a couple of Hooded Guys, who are very Sensitive when it comes to the Head Area. So not having the chance to build up a certain DeSensitivity, by moving "The Exposed Head" around Daily,for years, does make sense. The CUT Guys don't seem to have the same Problem. Thank the Gods, I luv "Mushroom Heads" myself!

Unfortunately I will never have the chance to do a complete study! To Many Guys, So little Time! LOL :+

The skin on the head of the uncut penis is much thinner, since the circumcised penis grows extra layers of skin cells in response to constant contact with clothes. The uncut head is thus more sensitive when flacid, so much so that merely washing with the fingers or a cloth is uncomfortable. But when erect, much of the extra sensitivity is lost.

I am amused. Being hooded, I was told from as early as I can remember (at least four), to pull the skin back when bathing or showering. When hard you wouldn't know if I was cut or not cut. My brother-in-law was circumcised while in the Army because he couldn't pull the skin back. It's an individual thing. There's foreskin and there's foreskin. Some people have had what is called an Indian cirucumcision where the foreskin itself is sliced on the underside to allow the hood to open so it can be pulled back from the head of the penis. The foreskin itself remains and the head is exposed for the world to see. In my case I even pull the skin back when I pee. It would help to know how the study was done. The bottom line is that the hospital charges for circumcisions. It's a business. Mothers are allowed to give permission without the father's consent in most states as far as I know. Michaelangelo's David is hooded.

• 1 month later...

Using the same logic, all you would to do is chop off

everyone's penis. HIV rate would plummet. The ethics of

this study are completely flawed. Of course the really

humane thing to do would be to offer ongoing STD and

family planning. But that actually might take a little

more work than the ol' choppy choppy.

lookin4hotties

Using the same logic, all you would to do is chop off

everyone's penis. HIV rate would plummet. The ethics of

this study are completely flawed. Of course the really

humane thing to do would be to offer ongoing STD and