Tennessee Williams Bio

spiro3
This topic is 6781 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is kind of an obscure litereary question, but I was wondering if anyone has any more info on what happened to Lyle Leverich's second volume of William's official biography. I had been waiting for years for the continuation of his life story after immensely enjoying the first. Finally, I had the presence of mind to google Leverich and was shocked to find out he died a few years after the first volume was published. I am very disappointed by this development, but further was wondering if Leverich had gone very far into the project before he died, and if anyone is continuing with finishing the biography. Anyone here know any additional details?

I'm a great fan of Tennessee's writing and would be interested in knowing the title of the first part of his biography by the writer you mentioned. Was it an authorized bio?. I read one thin volume about his life a long time ago but can't remember the author. You get a lot of info on his life by reading biographies on Gore Vidal, Truman Capote and other contemporaries but Tennessee flits in and out of the action. Fun reading, nonetheless!:p

The title of Lyle Leverich's 1st volume is " Tom: The Unknown Tennessee Williams" published in 1995. It's dense (some 650 ppg), very detailed, but an utterly fascinating read. It ends just after Williams produces his first successful play "Glass Menagerie", so there was much more material of his life to write about.

Leverich was Williams "official" biographer, and given access to all of his papers and diaries. So I was particularly curious if someone had taken over the job of finishing the biography.......I hate to be left hanging like this!

Archived