Alan Cumming is "Cumming"

Cock Eyed Optimist
This topic is 2357 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For those fans of Alan Cumming, I have posted the link below for a new fragrance for men delevoped by him. I personally think he is very sexy, but there are many who do not. This commercial shows him cavorting around nude (not frontal of course) with some closeup "hairy armpit" shots. Since his cologne is called "Cumming", you can imagine the double entendres possible in the commercial.

http://www.cummingthefragrance.com/commercial.html

BEWARE of "Cumming"

WOW. PSA .. MAJORLY.

This is honestly one of the most grotesque scents I've ever come in contact with and I've explored the full spectrum. Not to sound pompous but I like to consider myself a connoisseur of colognes having nearly one hundred of them.

I went into Sephora shortly after the scent came out and asked for it, the sales girl looked at me funny and said she hadn't heard of it. We searched the walls and it's well hidden on the bottom shelf of the Calvin section.

We tested it together and I saw her face wince and then quickly smile. I smelled and groaned. It was AWFUL and I told her as much.

"Thank God, you had asked for it and I didn't want to offend you by saying it was horrid." I love the English, the blonde girls they make everything sound proper.

Anyway, it smells like a hospital but with some floral notes. It's HORRID. Totally sterile. I guess that might be the point, this is one cumming attraction that evokes the process of fertilizer....er....fertilization.

I saw him perform in "Cabaret" several years ago and he was brilliant. I've seen him at various gay bars in NY and he always has a small group of very attractive men with him. As an out and proud gay man who is a big success without depending on pretty boy movie star looks, I think he deserves a big round of applause. I may buy the stuff just for the bottle. Who cares if it smells like shhhhhhhhh......

• 12 years later...

On a recent Thursday night, a bubbly man in a striped hoodie was stocking an East Village bar’s fridge with bottled beer and making sure his customers’ gin and tonics were topped off. He was clearly having a fabulous time, occasionally whipping out his phone to film the band onstage, or enthusiastically clapping along with the packed crowd.

The bartender was actor Alan Cumming (who my female former roommate once danced with at a party), and the spot was his new Club Cumming, the hottest bar and outré performance space in town.

‘It’s like we’re endlessly throwing a party.’

Although the club has been open for two months, Cumming, who resides in the East Village, has remained a fixture at the establishment that bears his name. On this particular evening, he walked in at 11 p.m., straight from the set of his new CBS drama “Instinct.”

“It’s like we’re endlessly throwing a party,” Cumming tells The Post.

That’s the perfect description for a venue that was actually born from partying. Cumming starred as the mischievous Emcee during the 2014-15 run of “Cabaret” on Broadway, and the charismatic actor would throw raucous soirees in his dressing room, affectionately called Club Cumming, after the show. The same backstage neon sign that graced his dressing room now hangs above the stage of the East Sixth Street club.

“Then we started doing concerts together, like the concert at Carnegie Hall and the Castro Theatre,” says co-owner and promoter Daniel Nardicio of the outrageous gigs where Cumming sang Miley Cyrus and Rufus Wainwright hits. “And we would do Club Cumming afterward.”

“My ‘Club Cumming’ parties were always just, like, my parties I had,” Cumming says. “And it just became apparent that maybe we could do that in an actual bar.”

So, when the owners of the popular gay bar Eastern Bloc wanted to reboot the concept earlier this year, Cumming and Nardicio acted fast, joining with Benjamin Maisani and Darren Dryden to give the decadent after-parties a permanent home.

The club kicked off with fanfare in September, when Cumming’s celebrity pals Emma Stone, who co-starred with him on Broadway in “Cabaret,” Paul McCartney and tennis icon Billie Jean King all made guest appearances. They’ve been packing ’em in ever since.

“I call the place Café Carlyle meets CBGB, but way gayer,” gossip columnist and performer Michael Musto tells The Post. “It puts the spotlight back on offbeat culture and quirky performance, but also has the party spirit. So it’s a place where you can hang out and schmooze and, I think, even get picked up.”

On a recent night, the brazenly eclectic crowd was a diverse array of ages, races and gender. One man looked straight out of Lewis Carroll, with frizzy pink hair and a top hat. Another woman lounged on a red banquette, wearing a tight white jacket and sunglasses — indoors at 1 a.m. The usual tank-top-clad gay-bar denizens were jamming at the foot of the stage.

“It’s definitely a cultured downtown crowd. But they come to party,” says Musto. “So, they’re sophisticated, but they like a raunchy joke. Which is good, because I’m rewriting some lyrics of standards.”

Musto regularly performs his “Musto Duets” at the club, in which he sings with cabaret royalty such as Bridget Everett and Amber Martin. His next gig there is Saturday at 9 p.m.

The talent is, like Cumming, a scrumptious blend of highbrow and lowbrow. One moment the guitarist of the Babes is handing out anatomically shaped lollipops. Then, a half-hour later, Lili Taylor is crooning a gorgeous rendition of Stevie Nicks’ “Dreams.”

Nardicio says he’s committed to having the best possible artists on his physically modest stage.

“In the gay world … it’s easier to book someone who lip syncs, or takes the easy route. And I was like, ‘No, I want live performances. I want legends like Justin Vivian Bond, who right f - - king now is singing with Amber Martin.’”

West Village resident Taylor Toth, 28, had come to see Billy Hough and Susan Goldberg perform a punky comedy act called “Scream Along With Billy.” Toth became a fan of the group after seeing the popular pair at Grotta Bar in Provincetown, Mass., a little venue not unlike Club Cumming.

“Billy’s obviously a staple in P-town. He plays at Joe’s Pub [in New York], and draws a crowd,” says Toth. “But this is really bringing P-town to New York.”

For Cumming, his beloved bar has already achieved all his naughty nightlife dreams

“Good people come here,” he says. “They come with an open heart, they come with curiosity and kindness, and, you know, willingness to drink.”

“It’s made me feel very good about myself as well — that I’m actually good at making other people have as much fun as I have,” he says.

Club Cumming, 505 E 6th St; (917) 265-8006; clubcummingnyc.com

Honestly, I need to pay better attention to these dates... I always take it for granted a post is NEW, my eyesight is bad, and I get sucked in.... Boy do I feel stupid, but in my defense, for ME, this WAS a new thread cause I never saw it before, eventhough Mr Cummings scent has long been evaporated......

On a recent Thursday night, a bubbly man in a striped hoodie was stocking an East Village bar’s fridge with bottled beer and making sure his customers’ gin and tonics were topped off. He was clearly having a fabulous time, occasionally whipping out his phone to film the band onstage, or enthusiastically clapping along with the packed crowd.

The bartender was actor Alan Cumming (who my female former roommate once danced with at a party), and the spot was his new Club Cumming, the hottest bar and outré performance space in town.

‘It’s like we’re endlessly throwing a party.’

Although the club has been open for two months, Cumming, who resides in the East Village, has remained a fixture at the establishment that bears his name. On this particular evening, he walked in at 11 p.m., straight from the set of his new CBS drama “Instinct.”

“It’s like we’re endlessly throwing a party,” Cumming tells The Post.

That’s the perfect description for a venue that was actually born from partying. Cumming starred as the mischievous Emcee during the 2014-15 run of “Cabaret” on Broadway, and the charismatic actor would throw raucous soirees in his dressing room, affectionately called Club Cumming, after the show. The same backstage neon sign that graced his dressing room now hangs above the stage of the East Sixth Street club.

“Then we started doing concerts together, like the concert at Carnegie Hall and the Castro Theatre,” says co-owner and promoter Daniel Nardicio of the outrageous gigs where Cumming sang Miley Cyrus and Rufus Wainwright hits. “And we would do Club Cumming afterward.”

“My ‘Club Cumming’ parties were always just, like, my parties I had,” Cumming says. “And it just became apparent that maybe we could do that in an actual bar.”

So, when the owners of the popular gay bar Eastern Bloc wanted to reboot the concept earlier this year, Cumming and Nardicio acted fast, joining with Benjamin Maisani and Darren Dryden to give the decadent after-parties a permanent home.

The club kicked off with fanfare in September, when Cumming’s celebrity pals Emma Stone, who co-starred with him on Broadway in “Cabaret,” Paul McCartney and tennis icon Billie Jean King all made guest appearances. They’ve been packing ’em in ever since.

“I call the place Café Carlyle meets CBGB, but way gayer,” gossip columnist and performer Michael Musto tells The Post. “It puts the spotlight back on offbeat culture and quirky performance, but also has the party spirit. So it’s a place where you can hang out and schmooze and, I think, even get picked up.”

On a recent night, the brazenly eclectic crowd was a diverse array of ages, races and gender. One man looked straight out of Lewis Carroll, with frizzy pink hair and a top hat. Another woman lounged on a red banquette, wearing a tight white jacket and sunglasses — indoors at 1 a.m. The usual tank-top-clad gay-bar denizens were jamming at the foot of the stage.

“It’s definitely a cultured downtown crowd. But they come to party,” says Musto. “So, they’re sophisticated, but they like a raunchy joke. Which is good, because I’m rewriting some lyrics of standards.”

Musto regularly performs his “Musto Duets” at the club, in which he sings with cabaret royalty such as Bridget Everett and Amber Martin. His next gig there is Saturday at 9 p.m.

The talent is, like Cumming, a scrumptious blend of highbrow and lowbrow. One moment the guitarist of the Babes is handing out anatomically shaped lollipops. Then, a half-hour later, Lili Taylor is crooning a gorgeous rendition of Stevie Nicks’ “Dreams.”

Nardicio says he’s committed to having the best possible artists on his physically modest stage.

“In the gay world … it’s easier to book someone who lip syncs, or takes the easy route. And I was like, ‘No, I want live performances. I want legends like Justin Vivian Bond, who right f - - king now is singing with Amber Martin.’”

West Village resident Taylor Toth, 28, had come to see Billy Hough and Susan Goldberg perform a punky comedy act called “Scream Along With Billy.” Toth became a fan of the group after seeing the popular pair at Grotta Bar in Provincetown, Mass., a little venue not unlike Club Cumming.

“Billy’s obviously a staple in P-town. He plays at Joe’s Pub [in New York], and draws a crowd,” says Toth. “But this is really bringing P-town to New York.”

For Cumming, his beloved bar has already achieved all his naughty nightlife dreams

“Good people come here,” he says. “They come with an open heart, they come with curiosity and kindness, and, you know, willingness to drink.”

“It’s made me feel very good about myself as well — that I’m actually good at making other people have as much fun as I have,” he says.

Club Cumming, 505 E 6th St; (917) 265-8006; clubcummingnyc.com

I was at the grand opening of Club Cumming back in Sept. It's an awesome place, Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen were hanging out. We stuck around until after 1 and Alan still hadn't made an appearance, which was a little depressing since more than half the bar had grown impatient and left. A week later (I wasn't there), Emma Stone, Paul McCartney and Billy Jean King were all there. Cute place to drop into and just see what might happen.

Archived