Truly Amazing Photo Album - New Orleans Flood

AlwaysHiring
This topic is 6800 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is a truly fascinating photo diary, showing the progression of New Orleans from mild damage and flooding from the hurricane into full-scale destruction and horror once the levees were breached. The photos were taken by a tourist in New Orleans. Read the captions he wrote, too. It's incredible:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=r9nmta5.b147fdut&Uy=hbb8p1&Ux=1

Thanks for the link. The pictures are so many of the same images that I only have in my head. Bourdon Street, Canal before and after the flood, brick walls on cars in the warehouse district, the desperation outside the convention center. His narrative with each picture also reflect so much as to the feelings and the change from relief to desperation.

Unfortunately, they seemed to have taken down the photo gallery. Perhaps it was over-trafficed or perhaps it got so much attention that the owner of the photos wanted to stop offering them for free.

Whatever it is, it is too bad because the photos really convey in pictures what it was like to be in New Orleans as well as KY Top's diary conveyed it in words. If I see it re-posted somewhere, I will re-post the link.

Archived