Mystere or Zumanity

This topic is 6772 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You should see both of them and also 'O" it is really the best IMHO. I have seen most of them 3-5 times. I want to see KA next and then see what else is out there. Barry Manilows new show is great if you like him. Elton is just awesome. I can provide many of recommendations for restaurants as well. HUGS Chuck

I've seen "O", "Varekai", "La Nouba", "Alegria" and just last weekend saw "Zumanity". Zumanity is nothing like the other Cirque du Soleil's...and that's not a good thing.

The plus of Zumanity is that it does have portions of the show that are Gay, Lesbian as well as Heterosexual. The guy's bodies are nice to look at.

The minus is that it doesn't have much acrobatics and the musical/acrobatic connection that's usually found in Cirque du Soleil isn't there in Zumanity.

Also, if you do see Zumanity, make sure that your seats are dead center. We had the "couch" seats which flanked the side of the stage and they didn't afford a good view of what was going on. For example, during the uber-hetero portion of program, only the center section applauded because the sides couldn't really see what was going on.

CP

Mystere is by far the better show. Regrettably, as Cirque speads itself thinner and thinner the quality of circus acts declines.

Training dancers and gymnasts for a few months in Montreal can't

compete with families who have trained and performed for generations.

Cirque's best show was Saltimbanco because of the quantity and

quality of imported talent.

Guys wandering around waving silk scarves does not a circus make.

Guest LG320126

Can't comment on Zumanity as I have not seen it, but I have seen both Mystere and O and you can't go wrong with either. Enjoy! :-)

Larry

I would rate the current shows in the following order:

1st "O"

2nd Mystere

3rd Zumanity

I was very disappointed in Zumanity when I finally saw it. The so called "gay" scene had been cut way back from what I heard it was like when it opened. When I saw it, the two guys barely touched lips when they kissed. Sort of like a "air kiss". The rest of the show isn't nearly spectacular as the others. If you want to see male skin, see "La Fashionistas" if it is still playing at a new club called Krave. For $45 it was much better than the $120 Zumanity!

>I was very disappointed in Zumanity when I finally saw it.

>The so called "gay" scene had been cut way back from what I

>heard it was like when it opened. When I saw it, the two guys

>barely touched lips when they kissed. Sort of like a "air

>kiss".

When I saw Zumanity last week the guys in the "prison" scene kissed passionately, and did so again at the orgy scene at the end. Still, it wasn't worth the money.

CP

Two totally different shows, but both entertaining.

For a first-time, i'd go with Mystere. It's got more heart, even if it's not as overtly sexual as Zumanity. Save Zumanity for later, especially because you can usually pick up tickets for it at the half-priced 'tix4tonight' booth.

Zumanity is actually my favorite Cirque show in Vegas. I agree with the other poster here who named Saltimbanco their favorite Cirque show overall. I saw it last year in Europe and it was amazing. Not as many bells & whistles as their Vegas counterparts, but just as (if not more) entertaining. Great variety, nice flow.

Enjoy Vegas :)

~BN

Guest man2man4u40

>If you could choose between one of these two Cirque du Soleil

>shows in Las Vegas, which would you choose? Thanks!

Saw Zumanity about a year and a half ago and was not impressed. I agree with those who recommend either O or Mystere.

--Jack

Archived