KY_TOP's Diary of Katrina Part l

KY_TOP
This topic is 6744 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My Luggage!!

I got a call today from someone with the Renaisssnace Hotel in New Orleans. They still have my luggage, it was safe, and are they shipping it back to me at their expense. They said they are having to completely gut the first floor of the Hotel, due to all the damage, but hope to have it reopened by late November. My original hotel, the Renaissance Arts Hotel is already reopened.

It has been 1 month since I wrote to Delta Airlines and still no reply from them, guess I won't get one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delta Airlines responds

Over the weekend I finally got a response from Delta. Actually it was more like an insult.

The first paragraph let me know that the VP of Delta I had wrote asked the Customer Care Rep to respond.

The second paragraph was a "canned" paragraph telling how my time was valuable (what about my life?) as was their operating on schedule. Then the canned response about with "weather" delays blah, blah, blah,that Delta doesn't provide "amemities or compensation" for disruptions beyond their control. (I never asked for compensation. I asked for an explaination as to why they canceled flights in excellent weather when other Airlines did not.)

Paragraph 3 says they "regret" I was one of the passengers "inconvenienced" by the Hurricane but, that it had an effect on their entire system.

Paragraph 4 states: flying later than they canceled their flights "would not have been in harmony with keeping our operation safe." Well at least they finally attempted an explanation.

Paragraph 5 takes the cake, I really took this as an insult. They then quote me about how great their airline is by referencing JD Power and Associates. 3rd highest rated and 2nd lowest number of complaints for airlines that fly international. (So if you add Jet Blue and Southwest where do they drop to?)

The final paragraph, thanks me for writing, selecting Delta and that if I need to contact them in the future to use their Website and e-mail. (How sad to end their response like that.)

Unfortunately, Delta and Southwest control over half the flights into and out of my area. (BTW Souhwest has great on time service here and they flew much later than Delta out of New Orleans.) Even more if I want to avoid going thru O'Hare, so I don't have too much choice in flying them in the future.

Regardless of high fuel cost, with "Customer Care" like their's no wonder they are in trouble.

Archived