American Male Strippers Found Dead

Luv2play
This topic is 6181 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It has been confirmed by Montreal police that the two bodies found earlier today in a quarry near Montreal were those of the two American strippers who went missing last week. Mark Kraynack and Steve Wright had spent the summer stripping at Remingtons in Toronto, a male stripper bar, but had come to Montreal for a short vacation.

After a night on the town they were last seen heading for an afterhours bar in Laval, a city north on Montreal. They were not heard from since and their belongings were found in their hotel room, leading police to think that some foul play may have occured. This has now been confirmed with the finding of the two men, although there are no reports how they died.

The two strippers were both large guys, one a veteran on the Iraq war. They had been recruited by Remingtons for their Pride Week celebrations and had stayed on after to earn what has been reported as sums upwards of $1000US per night.

Their families (and the girlfriend of one of them) were apparently unaware of their activities, other than that they were "modeling".

More details will undoubtedly emerge in the days to come. So far, no-one has been identified as a suspect in their deaths. The case is pretty unusual for Montreal, where male strippers work in numerous clubs and face no particular harassment from the population. These two strippers had not worked in the Montreal clubs and it would appear had restricted their activities to the downtown singles bars along Crescent street, far from the east end Gay Village where the male stripper bars are located.

At this point it seems they fell in with a rough crowd after leaving Montreal. Laval has had problems in its night clubs in the recent past, with murders occuring related to the gang influence. There is no indication that this is what happened to the two Americans but they were on the lookout for girls to pick up that night and it is possible they mixed in with the wrong crowd and upset someone. This is pure speculation on my part but the circumstances point in that direction. Their friends have said they were not taking drugs but only consuming normal amounts of alcohol on the night in question.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE: The 6pm news on CBC radio indicated that the police have not yet confirmed the two bodies found were those of the American strippers, contrary to an earlier news report. But they said they were led to the bodies by the cellphone of one of the strippers, which had a GPS feature. They said they had not conducted an examination of the two bodies yet, which were found at the foot of a 150 foot cliff in a cement quarry. Forensic personnel were on the scene. One of the bodies was lying face up, the other face down. The face up individual was identified as a male. The bodies were less than a mile away from the nightclub that the two strippers were headed to when they had their last phone contact with their friends in Montreal on the night of their disappearance.

Two Young American Men Found Dead in Montreal

It has now been more than two weeks since Mark Kraynak and Steven Wright, two young American men, died in a stone quarry in Montreal.

Have the police determined cause of death yet? Has anything been determined?

Guest VanBCGuy

RE: Two Young American Men Found Dead in Montreal

from the Globe and Mail......

Laval, Que. — There were no signs of physical violence on the bodies of two American models who were found dead last week, Laval police said Wednesday.

But police still don't know how the two men ended up near the bottom of a quarry in Laval, north of Montreal.

Police spokesman Guy Lajeunesse said the results of an autopsy indicate Steven Wright, 20, and Mark Kraynak, 23, were not stabbed or shot to death.

“There was no sign of violence caused by sharp weapons or firearms,” he said.

Advertisements

click here

click here

But investigators haven't ruled out the possibility the two men may have been pushed into the quarry.

“There are a lot of possibilities we don't know why they were there, how come they happened to be there. There are a lot of mysterious things that happened over there.

“You have to jump a fence or pass through or under a fence and after that you fall into the quarry,” he added.

He said the bodies suffered numerous bone fractures which were related to their 15-metre fall into the quarry.

Mr. Lajeunesse also said that investigators are expecting a toxicology report by the end of the week.

Police found jewelry, a cellphone and wallets containing cash and identification on the victims.

The two men, in the Montreal area on vacation, called a friend after leaving a downtown bar about 3 a.m. local time on Aug. 22 to say they were heading by taxi to an after-hours bar in Laval.

Their bodies were found 10 days later on a ledge of the Demix quarry, about 300 metres from the club.

Although the bodies were not buried, they may have been hidden by high grass. They were not visible from the roads around the quarry or from the areas where dump trucks haul gravel around the clock.

Wright of Guerneville, Calif., and Kraynak of Uniontown, Pa., worked for a California-based model agency called French Connection Francaise that provides models to the adult entertainment industry. They had been working as dancers at a strip club in Toronto.

I posted the following in the strip club forum two

days ago:

>I was in Montréal last week. I was talking to a

>dancer at one of the clubs (before the bodies were

>found) about this incident. He told me that he was

>sure the guys were dead. He said that the club they

>went to in Laval – The Red Lite – was owned by bikers

>and that last year he went there with a friend – was

>searched at the door – they found some ecstasy in his

>socks and accused him of wanting to sell it at their

>club – they beat the crap out of him to the point of

>breaking his jaw. He’s sure that these guys probably

>did something to piss off the bikers. If what this

>dancer told me is true, their deaths most likely had

>nothing to do with their “adult” career.

I suppose it is possible that they just wondered off

into the quarry - or were perhaps too drunk or high

to realize what they were doing, but IMHO it does not

pass the smell test. Regardless, it is very sad that these

two young lives came to an end.

Fisher

Guest VanBCGuy

from the Globe and Mail website......

MONTREAL -- A preliminary autopsy found no traces of violence on the bodies of two American men who disappeared while vacationing in Montreal last month.

Police say Mark Kraynak, 23, and Steven Wright, 20, suffered numerous broken bones as a result of falling more than 15 metres from the rim of a quarry near a nightclub north of Montreal.

The quarry is surrounded by chain-link fence, but it has at least one hole in it and is also possible to scale.

"The fall might have been accidental or might have been criminal," said Constable Guy Lajeunesse, a spokesman for police in Laval, where the men were found. They had gone to a suburban after-hours club on Aug. 22, the last day they were seen alive.

Their bodies showed no trace of knife or firearm wounds, Constable Lajeunesse said. He said police are still seeking clues about the men's final minutes and are appealing to witnesses to step forward, in particular the taxi driver who drove them to the nightclub from downtown Montreal.

Investigators haven't ruled out the possibility the two men may have been pushed into the quarry.

"There are a lot of possibilities . . . we don't know why they were there, how come they happened to be there. There are a lot of mysterious things that happened over there.

"You have to jump a fence or pass through or under a fence and after that you fall into the quarry," Constable Lajeunesse said.

Police found jewellery, a cellphone and wallets containing cash and identification on the victims.

Although the bodies were not buried, they may have been hidden by high grass. They were not visible from the roads around the quarry or from the areas where dump trucks haul gravel around the clock.

Mr. Kraynak, who is from Pennsylvania, and Mr. Wright, a Californian, had been working as adult entertainers in Toronto after obtaining Canadian work visas. They were planning to return home to the United States after visiting Montreal.

Constable Lajeunesse said toxicological tests will determine whether the men had been drinking or taking drugs. Their bodies were returned to their relatives, who had flown to Montreal.

Unfortunately this isn't a "CSI" Vegas Episode. Just how thorough the Quarry etc was Searched for any kind of "additional evidence" of Foul Play is something left up to the Canadian Authorities. Hopefully they do a thorough Job on this Case and don't let it just "Fade Away".But they haven't even found the Cab Driver yet? Doesn't look good for any type of Closure on this..

Guest VanBCGuy

>Doesn't look good for any type of

>Closure on this..

The Mounties always get their man....

good point VanBCguy...best of luck to the the RCMP and any other authorities...is there a lot of media attention in Montreal about this?...is there any talk of their past forays into gay entertainment up there?...I look at a couple of websites which featured Kraynak and get feling weird when I see his picture on it...he was usually called Nick...

The RCMP may always get their man (although that is debatable these days) but they don't have jurisdiction in this case, the Laval police do. And some people have been upset with their handling of the case, including the parents of at least one of the victims. Because it took so long to find their bodies, when they were just a few hundred meters away from the Red Light club they were going to visit, the bodies were badly decomposed and some evidence, such as footprints, may have been washed away in the storm that took place the day before they were found (the tail end of Katrina).

I have heard no news whether they have located the taxicab driver either, which seems a bit strange as you would think there would not be that many people taking a cab from Montreal to Laval, which is probably a $40 or $50 cab fare (and at 3 in the morning, when the traffic outside of the city is very light).

This case has received a fair amount of coverage in the local media but unless some witnesses come forward or the toxicology reports point to something, then this case could go cold. This is particularly so if there was biker involvement in their deaths.

Sounds like this may have been a suicide pact. Obviously, that's speculation, but I recently read an article about it's almost a trend that guys in their late teens and early 20s have turned to weird suicide pacts as a means of male bonding.

I don't exactly think it's fair to accuse the police department of intentionally dragging their feet. That's a serious charge that should be made only if there is evidence, and there is none.

Either way, it's chilling that 2 guys could just disappear like that and turn up dead. Anyone who has been to Remington's must be chilled by this.

• 3 weeks later...

Canadian news organizations have reported that the families of the two men have indicated that the deaths may have been accidental.

May the souls of these young men rest eternally and their families find some peace.

http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=3ec91c01-6e89-4c78-9dd5-a33ab563cac6

It is starting to look as if the deaths of the two American strippers were accidental, although many questions remain. The news tonight reported, like today's Gazette, that the video tapes from the club show the two strippers, Mark and Steve, fleeing from a taxi and hopping over the fence that surrounds the quarry. This was late at night and from my recollection of the site from the air which I saw on the television news when the bodies were found, the pit was not far from the fence. It is conceivable, and indeed likely, that after jumping the fence the two men did not see that the ground before them dropped off. There was tall grass around the edge of the pit and they may just have started running through it and simply fell to their deaths.

They were found side by side, one on his back and the other on his front. Apparently there were no signs of injury other than those sustained in the fall. The toxicology reports came up dry because of the amount of time the bodies had been exposed to the elements.

The taxi driver has still not come forward and this, plus the fact that he was shown pursuing the two men in his cab after they had got out at the club, raises some troubling questions. To my mind there are two possibilities that are feasible. First, the two strippers decided not to pay the taxi fare, which would have been fairly hefty as they had left the city. Maybe they figured they would just run and hide until the taxi gave up and left. If so this was a tragic decision on their part.

The second possibility is that drugs were involved. This could have increased the incentive to cut and run, if they had stiffed the taxi driver/drug runner (which is not unheard of in this city). Since they were going to a club where the doormen are known to search customers ON THEIR WAY IN for drugs (since they like to keep the business of selling drugs to the customers inside the club to themselves), if the strippers had indeed bought drugs for later consumption at the club they were going to be in for a nasty surprise anyway, but not a deadly one.

I think the term is "death by misadventure" and to my mind, that is what probably took place here. It could have happened anywhere! :-(

>May the Almighty have mercy on them

Not coming from a religious background, is this phrase used for anyone who dies unexpectedly, or only for those the speaker feels is in need of God's mercy?

>It is starting to look as if the deaths of the two American

>strippers were accidental, although many questions remain. The

>news tonight reported, like today's Gazette, that the video

>tapes from the club show the two strippers, Mark and Steve,

>fleeing from a taxi and hopping over the fence that surrounds

>the quarry. This was late at night and from my recollection of

>the site from the air which I saw on the television news when

>the bodies were found, the pit was not far from the fence.

"The families are being represented by lawyer Claude F. Archambault. They are publically beseeching the taxi driver who drove the two men to the 'Red Lite' nightclub in Laval to make himself known, as well as requesting that Laval police launch a search for the man."

Please, please, let us know who you are so we can sue you. Our sons ran and jumped a fence so they could stiff you, so we're going to sue you for all you're worth. Families represented by a lawyer? I guess sociopathy runs in the family. I feel bad for Canada if their legal system entertains the same kind of frivolous lawsuits we see in the U.S.

I don't even wait for people to die unexpectedly before I use the phrase. I just assume that we could all use forgiveness. That's when I'm using that phrase, which isn't actually what I do most of the time. The reasons I might only use it for unexpectedly sudden deaths any more = A. It's the kind of thing that is probably only going to come out of me when I am shocked and surprised. B. It the kind of thing that sounds really a bit loaded with hubris unless you're listener was likely to have said the same thing.

I hope they had a quick and painless transition. And were in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knew they were dead.

Archived