I love a good pun...

samhexum

The puns don’t stop for this suspect’s mugshot

Florida cops posted a mugshot of a jailbird with a freakishly large neck — and observers really went for the throat in a pun-filled viral thread.

“His neck is still at LARGE!!!” one Facebook user cracked about Charles Dion McDowell, 31.

Another quipped, “Dude is up to his neck in charges.”

McDowell was arrested on a slew of drug charges and sent to jail on Nov. 11, the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office =68.ARCcX9CsVqpuIBhhQ41-Vhco5uNngXdpjeOBgm6A8qsDrvX2QhckqEpi4AY3SMLIQlUNv5umWMOHlXuJGPdd-HqK_IJzaYb8CDh26STMUMUzdu1MUUkeqV-GSw8tJw018NE6lCGHakOAzhpjYhjjFDvR24XwW021odrHaWOZeQFUZtj9ue98lNQIDJQh46M9xrzsJJwa4ffpgZHt9Xeuql9d46jIYlzOiC1RnoVFha3EFPt4bEDA2RJVcaY0u45X_dZoQI7fg8deTRvsSqJYCaBKSe6mFGTyoivdtcXacqcARmuqznAej7bGPynclA4zw576VdphCdmswwSx0dIJC4mafA&__tn__=-R']said in the Tuesday post.

But the internet was much more interested in his neck than the bust.

“Somebody notify his Necks to Kin!

181116-viral-neck-mugshot-feature.jpg

Edited by samhexum

• 1 month later...

But what are they going to do with all the T-shirts they made up?

The owner of a soon-to-be-opening French-Vietnamese restaurant in New Hampshire is set to meet with the city manager of Keene following concerns that the eatery’s name sounds like a profane phrase.

Pho Keene Great, which is not scheduled to open until March 1, had already displayed a small sign prominently featuring the name, which is a play on both the Vietnamese dish pho (pronounced “fuh”) and the name of the town.

City Manager Elizabeth Dragon said the owner, Isabelle Jolie, hadn’t gotten permission to hang a sign displaying the name outside the restaurant. Jolie has since had it removed.

The restaurant’s Facebook page has also been polling social media users, asking if they think the name of the restaurant is offensive.

“The issue is pending a meeting with the city manager and her team,” the restaurant wrote in its post, which found that 97 percent of respondents found the name to be “fun” rather than offensive.

010419-pho-restaurant-inappropriate-name.jpg?w=632

I'm curious about the age of the *youngest* Forum member who read "The Girls in Apartment 3G" ... I'm 66 :)

I had to google it. I'm 58, and don't remember ever seeing it in the papers. I'm falling away from most of the newspaper comics, I'm finding I just read "Dilbert" (only carried Sundays here) and that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

COP APPREHENDS FUGITIVE WHO WAS ON THE LAMB

A cop stationed on a Brooklyn highway to give out tickets Wednesday morning has become a hero after rescuing a wayward lamb found roaming the Gowanus Expressway.

Officer Dominick Gatto from highway patrol was manning the high occupancy vehicle lane during rush hour when a motorist told him a goat was on the loose.

The animal was first spotted about 9:15 a.m. trotting along the eastbound lanes of the Brooklyn highway near 38th Street and made it all the way to 50th Street, where Gatto was stationed.

The lamb is believed to have escaped from one of the nearby slaughterhouses in Sunset Park and was trying not to become dinner.

Gatto and Lt. Sherif Nassef came to the rescue, chasing down the fearless animal before throwing him in the back of their car when The Post caught up with the trio.

The lucky lamb was transported to an animal rescue on Staten Island, where he will presumably live out the rest of his days in greener pastures.

This is not the first time barnyard animals have terrorized New York’s streets.

The N train in Borough Park had to be temporarily suspended last August when two goats were found roaming the train line and enjoying a nice grass lunch.

It’s believed they’d also escaped the slaughterhouse.

Cops managed to nab the duo after a two-hour operation and the pair were transported to Farm Sanctuary, a nonprofit shelter for farm animals located in Watkins Glen.

Former “The Daily Show” host Jon Stewart, who sits on the board of Farm Sanctuary, was personally on hand to transport the kids.

gowanus-goat-690.jpg

gowanus-goat-692.jpg

gowanus-goat-693.jpg