Internet recording

friendofsheila
This topic is 6814 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anybody got a recommendation for an internet recorder, one that will record streaming broadcasts? I've done a trial of "All Recorder" but wonder if anyone has tried others.

Also: My ISP connection has to be running all the while the recording is going, I guess, and since I don't trust my punky, $10-a-month dial-up to remain connected all day while I'm away, I'll probably have to install it at a work computer that's on all the time. Am I right about this?

(I'm keen to record some old radio shows, where I'll get to hear hard-boiled detectives say more goofy, hard-boiled stuff like:

"He was about as smooth as a bag of fingernails."

"It was worthless, like chasing a spider with bowling ball."

"You start with trouble and it just never stops. It's like buying aspirin for a two-headed boy.")

:+

I have the exact same question! Actually I am in the process of getting a new computer and also want to change my home ISP so I can record live webcasts.

Consequently, I would additionally want to know what would be the best type of internet hookup (DSL etc.) to accomplish this... (I know my old-fashioned phone line hookup won't suffice.) I will be talking to a computer expert friend in a couple of days who is helping me buy and set things up... he repairs and sells computers so he should have some answers for me... However, I’m not sure if he is an expert regarding internet recording.

Until then does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

You can buy a $29.95 program online called WM Recorder which can be used to record streaming audio and video on Windows OS-based machines. The same company also makes a number of other recorders, including something that can be used to record Real streaming video and audio.

...Hoover

Archived