Dieting sucks...

Guest Marathon Man
This topic is 6807 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to mention… the culprit with the low-carb diet is the amount of cheese that is often consumed… Most people use cheese as a psychological substitute for bread… (Cheeseburgers in lieu of a burger on a bun etc.) The best advice I could give you is to use cheese in moderation… it is not only a high source of fat and cholesterol, but is very hard to digest… In short, it taxes your body’s resources probably more than any other type of food consumed…

If I had to name one single food that should be eliminated to establish a healthy diet… it would be cheese… I myself noted a significant improvement in my overall well-being simply by limiting the amount of cheese in my diet…

Wishing you all the best!

> Marcolini? Don't know him... how does his chocolate compare

> with, say, Neuhaus? Or La Maison du Chocolat?

Arbee,

In my taste Marcolini's quality exceeds La maison du chocolat, Neuhaus and even Godiva.

You may check out their London website http://www.pierremarcolini.co.uk

Here is the list of the world shops http://www.pierremarcolini.jp/shoplist.htm and as you can see there is one in New York City on Park Avenue 485.

If you're a chocolate lover, I'd suggest you try them.

Steven Draker ~

http://www.hotsexystud.com/uk

Size 31 jeans

I did not eat fried foods for a long time, probably a good ten years. I also avoid bread, eat brown rice rather than white, eat corn or oat when I eat cereal, and so forth. I did not have a slice of pizza for about 12 years. However, about twice in the last eight months, I ordered onion rings. I agree, once you get used to not eating something and it becomes easy to change your diet. Fat and certain other "ingredients" are both required by your diet (fat, for example is used to create certain essentially nutrients. Cholesteral being one of them, for example): http://www.dietsite.com/dt/diets/HeartHealthy/fatdictionary.asp

The problem is that people in this country is that they eat too much of too many unhealthy foods. The two occassions I ate onions rings, I remember they did not taste as good as I remembered, and it is not likely I will be recreating the experiment again. I also eat lean proteins although I will eat red meat, it is just exceedingly rare.

Once you get your body used to eating a certain way, it becomes the rule, not the exception. I certainly think Steven looks great and it does take a lot of work and effort to accomplish this. For most of us, the goal should be to eat well, exercise and take care of your overall general physical (and mental) health.

RE: Size 31 jeans

>Once you get your body used to eating a certain way, it

>becomes the rule, not the exception. For most of us,

>the goal should be to eat well, exercise and take

>care of your overall general physical(and mental) health.

Franco! Interesting that you mention onion rings… I can’t remember the last time I had one of those nasty babies… Yuck! I can understand and relate as to why they did not taste quite the same after all those years... When I ate my last French fry 10 years ago, I made the mistake of combining them with fried clam strips (a former favorite food). Now by this time I had not eaten fried foods for several years… I ACTUALLY BECAME PHYSICALLY ILL from eating all that garbage…

Always listen to your body… In this case my body was definitely trying to tell me something!

You are right about fats being essential... I try to eat mostly "good fats" such as extra virgin olive oil. Regarding red meats (which I have in moderation) I buy only the leanest cuts... even for burgers I pick out a lean cut of something such as top round and have the butcher grind it fresh... that way I have control over the fat content.

Regarding your philosophy as quoted above... You are 100% right on target!!!

My favorite chocolate maker in the world is Mary's. Her website is http://www.mary.be

Well, his Highness the King of Belgium seems to agree with me... (Marcolini gets a little silly for me sometimes, although he is certainly innovative).

Guest Marathon Man

thanks everyone!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great postings. I'm actually not in such bad shape. Most peopel can't tell that I need to lose weight but that's also because my upper body is pretty well developed and i know how to dress so that they can't the spare tire. To be honest, I still fit in my 32 jeans, but i want to go back to the 31's where I was last year.

Ironically, I know a lot of what you guys said because I got back into my 31's doing weight watchers. As you may have noticed, I never used the workd "dieting" in my original post. I know that it is all about choices but sometimes I get tired of having to think about them, even though they should be second nature to me.

Again, thanks for the words of encouragement.

MM

How evil is it for Mr. Draker to give the link for chocolates in a post about dieting ? :-) :-) BTW I just bookmarked it

I really enjoy eating right although I have been really bad for the past 6 months or so.

I am also too cheap to be bulimic cause I couldnt stand paying money for food and then just "throwing" it away. Anorexia is more my style, but I get REALLY hungry :-) :-)

I just wrote a letter to myself after being back to the gym for a month now...it really hypes me up cause I give myself all the reasons that I want to get in great shape again.

I also keep a picture in my wallet of someone whose body I idolize (yeah I know you want to know, but Im not telling ya) and I look at it when I want to eat some shitty foods. I also keep Pure Protein shakes on hand, especially when I want to eat late at night...35 grams of protein and 2 g of carbs at 160 calories and they are premixed in a can and taste great

good luck to you all with your goals

Archived