Who is going to Southern Decadence?

sportsguy
This topic is 6814 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think the general consensus is that Decadence has turned from a really good party into just standing around and sweating your ass off...

I've gone for the last 3 years. The first year was incredible, as the energy of the crowd was great and everyone seemed sexually free & open. The subsequent years have gotten more quiet (thanks to protesters and a city council that's suddenly found their morals) and attendance has dropped. Add in the rising cost of party passes and you've got a pretty good idea of why Decadence is declining.

The Big Dick contest at the Pub is gone. The dancers at Corner Pocket have gotten progressively rougher looking. Luckily, they've still got ChiChi Larue and Shirley Q Liquor out there.

I'm sure it'll still be a good time if you go. With most things in life, it's never going to be 'like it was,' so here's hoping whoever heads out to New Orleans has a really hot time :)

~BN

Archived