Handsome Young German Actor

arthur
This topic is 6831 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A wonderful new German movie "The Edukators" (with English subtitles) stars Daniel Brühl, who previously appeared in "Goodbye Lenin", is being shown in only a handful of art theatres and probably will not be around for very long, but it's well worth seeing. The NY Times reviewer calls Brúhl one of Germany's finest young actors. Also in the movie is another great-looking German actor, Stipe Erceg, who plays the part of Brühl's best friend.

http://www.siamzone.com/movie/pic/2004/theedukators/03.jpg

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/userpics/normal_TheEdukatorsPoster.jpg

ag

Guest rohale

You might want to check out a movie called " Ladies In Lavander " and stars Dame Judi Dench, Dame Maggie Smith, David Warner and Daniel Bruhl. It's such a lovely little film that went virtually unnoticed by most movie goers given it's limited release. Give this film a chance and see if you like it.

I think Daniel Bruhl is a really talented performer. He continues to demonstrate his versatility as an actor and literally goes from strength to strength in each passing performance. I was thinking the only other German actor who has garnered some attention and achieved a certain amount of modest success within the last ten years is none other than Udo Kier. He is absolutely brilliant and continuously shines in each and every performance that is captured on film. I hope in the future that Daniel is able to have the level success that Udo Kier has managed to achieve thus far, if not better.

Rohale

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize that Brüel was in "Ladies In Lavender". I totally agree with your assessment of him as an actor. Plus he's also great to look at. Hope you get a chance to see "The Edukators". Besides his wonderful performance, the movie is also very well written and very thought provoking. I was quite impressed with director Hans Weingartner as well. This is only his second feature film.

Archived