Help with Rentboy

pierrot
This topic is 6826 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Rentboy has been getting worse and worse and is now practically unnavigable. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to make it better or is it just up to the site owner to wake up and fix it?

I look at it because it's usually the perfect complement to this site, this one has the reviews, it has the photos. But it's become almost useless it's so slow, and gets stuck so often.

Hi thanks. I use Explorer 6.0 and Windows ME (millenium edition). The weird thing about Rentboy is that I used to have trouble then about 6 months ago it got much better, until a few weeks ago and now it's worse than ever. When I click on a page, several of the photos in ads won't pop up immediately. If I wait a minute or so, they may or may not. If I click on More Photos, sometimes I can see them, and sometimes they don't come up.

It's just very slow. Much more so in the last few weeks.

Interesting that you guys are not having a problem. Rentboy is the only site I have trouble with though. I cleaned out my cache, that didn't help.

Any other ideas, I'd appreciate.

(Just a guess from someone routinely called in to debug such things.)

Rentboy's server software has memory leaks, I suspect. They've traditionally slowed down horribly every month or so. Presumably that's the memory leak making it harder and harder for the server to do its job.

When they notice, they reboot and it's all better for a while until it starts getting bad again.

The problem with making something foolproof is the universe keeps making better fools.

Guest Rendie

I noticed that too tonight. It is suddenly very slow to load the whole page and some of the pics. I have Win XP pro and broadband cable.

enjoy

Rendie

Archived