Philadelphia area (Various venues)

Megadude

Hi everyone,

It doesn't look like there's much information on the male revue nights in the Philadelphia area here, so I thought I'd add my two cents, since I've had a great time there and want the guys to make lots of money!

These are all run by a guy named Larry E who has been around the club scene for years-- he's featured in an episode of Real Sex as the host of a male revue for ladies. The locations change somewhat, but the following are pretty stable (although ICandy is usually disappointing.)

Club Names:

Tuesdays: Georgie's in Asbury Park NJ

Wednesdays (sporadic): ICandy in Philadelphia, PA

Thursdays: The Raven in New Hope, PA

Fridays: Stonewall in Allentown, PA

Sundays: Rainbow Room in Atlantic City, NJ

Hours: 10 PM on

Cover charge: $0-6

Type of Club: Male revue nights in pretty typical gay bars. It varies a from venue to venue, but there are typically around 10 dancers who take it off on stage, then wander the crowd giving massages, lap dances, and doing whatever it takes to make a little money.

Type of dancers: A good variety, but most tend to be classic college jock/muscle types, with lots of Italian and Latin guys. A few of them have performed with big-name revues for ladies and have some serious dance moves.

Description of Clubs:

Georgie's: Fun neighborhood bar with a younger crowd; gets pretty busy during the summers.

ICandy: Big, multi-story dance club, with a great roof deck. Usually half-empty on the weekdays, though, and I've never seen more than a few dancers here.

Raven: Club/resort complex with a pool and restaurant. The male revue takes place in the piano bar, which is somewhat hidden from the rest of the bar. This is the one that has the most and best dancers, although they don't do private dances anymore.

Stonewall: I've never been, but have heard it's a pretty basic dance club.

Rainbow Room: Seedy but fun neighborhood bar. Open late, and accepts the most hanky-panky

General Information: This really varies too much for me to say, but in general, the guys strip down to underwear or thongs, and many of them are happy to flash you if tip well. There is definitely a lot of nudity and body contact in the clubs that offer private dances, but I think Atlantic City is the only one that does that now. I've had several guys hint at doing "private shows" outside of the club, but haven't really explored that. The crowds vary-- New Hope is older and more sedate (but friendly), Asbury is younger and more interested in dancing and drinking. There are not a lot of rules, apart from no photography-- some dancers seem uncomfortable being touched, while others will get hard or hump you on stage if you let them.

• 6 months later...

This is helpful - thanks. When did the Raven stop offering private dances? I went last fall. Of course, I was busy talking with one of the hottest dancers about a private show in my hotel room across the street, rather than a private dance at the Raven :-)

• 2 weeks later...

They stopped offering private dances backstage around a year ago, although they still do them out in the main room. From what I gather, private dances outside of the club are definitely available, but that's not an 'official' thing!

Wow, thanks for the update about the Raven! I knew there had been a lot of chaos behind the scenes, and the quality of just about everything there (except the strippers!) has been going downhill noticeably for the past year or two. Hopefully new management will improve things, since everything about that place really does seem to be stuck in the 90s.

• 1 year later...

I visited Stonewall in Allentown during the summer and the assessment that it's a standard dance club is correct. It's not a strip club and it welcomes everyone—not an exclusively male clientele.

Although there are no "rooms in the back" for guests to get lap dances, I've witnessed some of the guys give them to a few people out in the open. Probably not a $20-a-song arrangement—but make sure you tip especially if the guy gave you a nice dance.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just thought I should pass on a status update, because the information I posted above is out of date. As far as I know, the only regular events Larry E is doing now are Tuesdays in Asbury Park and Fridays in Allentown.

The Raven (New Hope) and the Rainbow Room (Atlantic City) went under late last year, and iCandy is now under new management who don't seem interested in having dancers. According to one of the dancers there is a possible new location in Sundays on Atlantic City, but I haven't gotten any details. I'll post them when I do, but until then it seems like Philadelphia's stripper options are a lot narrower now.

Hi guys,

Just thought I should pass on a status update, because the information I posted above is out of date. As far as I know, the only regular events Larry E is doing now are Tuesdays in Asbury Park and Fridays in Allentown.

The Raven (New Hope) and the Rainbow Room (Atlantic City) went under late last year, and iCandy is now under new management who don't seem interested in having dancers. According to one of the dancers there is a possible new location in Sundays on Atlantic City, but I haven't gotten any details. I'll post them when I do, but until then it seems like Philadelphia's stripper options are a lot narrower now.

Narrower? You mean non-existent now :)

Exactly. Philly is dead. Zero stripper boys. zip, zilch nadda (for men). I mean there is "hunkomania" - for women to see guys take it off.

It's "funny" too because Adonis men in NYC very often advertises XXX from Philly. just appears to be nowhere to go at home.