Iran Fucking Sucks

Rod Hagen
This topic is 6839 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>Of course when it comes to killing young citizens the United

>States sucks ass too:

Right. Executing "young citizens" because they murdered innocent human beings in cold blood is very, very comparable to executing them because they are gay.

Thank you for reminding us that the U.S. is evil, just like Iran is. Without these sorts of equivalencies, we may fall into the trap of thinking that one side provides more liberty than the other.

Guest RandyRon

I think it's interesting that in the picture, the hangmen are wearing hoods to hide their faces. Could this indicate that they actually realize the shame they are participating in? Unfortunately, I doubt it since people who know "the will of god" have little shame.

>Right. Executing "young citizens" because they murdered

>innocent human beings in cold blood is very, very comparable

>to executing them because they are gay.

No they're not. I think executing criminal youths is barbaric, but executing kids simply because they did something gay, inside a country and a culture wherein most men hold hands as they walk and kiss hello and goodbye (and fuck in private), is....what's beyond barbaric? Damnable.

>Thank you for reminding us that the U.S. is evil, just like

>Iran is. Without these sorts of equivalencies, we may fall

>into the trap of thinking that one side provides more liberty

>than the other.

Obviously we have oodles more liberty. You're an ass for jumping ahead (the title of my thread should clue you in to what POV is more than a sidelink about youth executions in the U.S. use your head Dougie). Iran is horrible, go America I totally agree.

And givin that we are a wonderfully liberal country it is strange and unfortunate that we are one of only five other countries violating the UN charter against executing youths.

Nevertheless, what Iran has done in this instance is absolutely horrible. Criminalizing homosexuality is enough to make me dislike a country. Their EXECUTING gays makes me as xenophobic as a red-stater.

http://www.RodHagen.com

-Hagen

>No they're not. I think executing criminal youths is

>barbaric, . . . .

Is there really such a moral difference between executing someone who slaughters innocent people when they're 17 years old and executing someone who does it when they're 19?

but executing kids simply because they did something

>gay, inside a country and a culture wherein most men hold

>hands as they walk and kiss hello and goodbye (and fuck in

>private), is....what's beyond barbaric? Damnable.

Even suggesting that these acts differ only as a matter of degree, rather than fundamentally, is . . . let's see . . . barbaric?

Executing 16- and 17-year-olds who put bullets into people's head and heart, thereby snuffing out their lives, and executing kids simply because they're gay, really aren't even in the same moral universe.

>Obviously we have oodles more liberty. You're an ass for

>jumping ahead (the title of my thread should clue you in to

>what POV is more than a sidelink about youth executions in the

>U.S. use your head Dougie).

I'll leave it to others whether you intended to posit an equivalancy when you said "Iran sucks . . . and America sucks, too" - especially since you did so by saying that they both execute "young citizens" - neglecting to mention that a requirement for being executed as a "young citizen" in America is that you first slaughter an innocent person, whereas that requirement doesn't exist in Iran. Just being gay gets you into that club.

Anyone who would compare those two things has some serious problems with moral judgments.

>And givin that we are a wonderfully liberal country it is

>strange and unfortunate that we are one of only five other

>countries violating the UN charter against executing youths.

I didn't realize that the UN governs the laws of the United States. Since when do we have a World Government?

And before you go on any longer about how horrible the U.S. is for executing its precious "young citizens," you may want to take notice of the fact that it actually doesn't do so any longer, ever since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that that practice was unconstitutional last term.

>Nevertheless, what Iran has done in this instance is

>absolutely horrible. Criminalizing homosexuality is enough to

>make me dislike a country. Their EXECUTING gays makes me as

>xenophobic as a red-stater.

How ironic that it's the "red-staters" who understand just how evil and threatening these countries are who viciously persecute homosexuals (and anyone else who deviates from their prevailing orthodoxy), while the oh-so-tolerant blue-staters want to understand and tolerate these reprehensible hellholes.

One minute Leftists are whining about how bad the Bush Administration is for not loving gay people enough, the next minute they're urging that we not be so mean to the countries which murder gay people by dropping bricks on them or shooting them in the head.

> Since when do we have a World Government?

Since Dubbya became president, apparently.

>And before you go on any longer about how horrible the U.S. is

>for executing its precious "young citizens," you may want to

>take notice of the fact that it actually doesn't do so any

>longer, ever since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that that

>practice was unconstitutional last term.

Glad to hear it.

>How ironic that it's the "red-staters" who understand just how

>evil and threatening these countries are who viciously

>persecute homosexuals (and anyone else who deviates from their

>prevailing orthodoxy), while the oh-so-tolerant blue-staters

>want to understand and tolerate these reprehensible hellholes.

>

Tolerance? Fuck that. Killing guys, kids, anyone, cause they're gay, which is beyond their control, is absolute bullshit. Ignorant fucks. Sometimes tolerance is for pussies.

I'm a Leftist, and I'd like to see the Iran executioners and the judges hung by their balls. Fuck 'em.

>Even suggesting that these acts differ only as a matter of

>degree, rather than fundamentally, is . . . let's see . . .

>barbaric?

It is not a matter of degree. They absolutely differ fundamentally. Doug, it is possible to mention two things in the same breath but believe one is much worse than the other.

>Ok Mr Hagen: you want to execute prosecutors and judges in a

>judical system by hanging them by the balls, but you don't

>want to execute a 17 yo for committing premeditated murder.

A judicial system is not the same as a remotely fair judicial system. None of what I've read indicates that these kids were tried fairly.

Nevertheless, "Hang by their balls" was just an angry metaphor. Realistically, I'd like to see embargos and sanctions and less tolerance. Basically, just tell them that they're fucked in the head and ignorant, and then punish them for being fucked in the head and ignorant.

>Interesting set of values you have.

Why is trying to make me out to be valueless simply because I say I dislike A and strongly dislike B fun?

To be clear:

*I dislike killing in general, but understand that sometimes it may be warranted.

*I dislike killing to teach others that killing is wrong (sorry that sounds like a bumpersticker)

*I dislike killiing those who committed crimes when they were legal youths.

*I abhor and am outraged by the killing of people, especially youths, just because they did something gay.

-Hagen

Mr Hagen, in the Arab countries the Religion and the State are one.

Have you ever read any of the Quran? It clearly states "lying down with thy kind is a sin and punishable by DEATH."

So you want to embargo and have sanctions against these Arab countries. And where would you get the 40 % of the oil we use to run the USA economy that comes from thee countries?

And how would you be "less tolerant" of the activities that occur within the borders of those countries?

Talk is cheap.

>So you want to embargo and have sanctions against these Arab countries.

Iran isn't an Arab country.

> And where would you get the 40 % of the oil we use

>to run the USA economy that comes from thee countries?

How would we survive without the Mideast Oil? I have absolutely no idea.

>And how would you be "less tolerant" of the activities that

>occur within the borders of those countries?

How could we be "less tolerant"? We could start by condeming these activities.

-Hagen

The ignorance of the general population of Americans never ceases to amaze me. Everybody in the mideast is an Arab and everyone in the mideast is Islamic and everyone in Israel is jewish and there is absolutely no such beast as a Christian Palestinian.

IMO, execution of criminals of any age accomplishes nothing except to satisfy revenge on the part of the victims' families. I love that double standard where a 16 yo is just a "child" who should be protected from consensual sexual encounters but an "adult" who should be executed for a criminal act.

Archived