Six Feet Under ... WHOA!!!!

ValleyDwellerNorth
This topic is 6829 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

SPOILER ALERT - if you didn't watch Sunday's Six Feet Under episode then don't read this!

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

WOW! Last week when Nate dropped to the floor after boning the boring quaker (his former step sister) and when they didn't show any previews for this week I thought he was dead for sure! THEN, they string us along the whole episode for him to kick it at the end! What a way to start ending the series. Next week looks good. What are your thoughts? Please no hijacking. AND I AM INVOKING THE FOLLOWING FROM DADDY'S RULES:

----------------

4. People have been "hijacking" threads on message boards for as long as there have been message boards. Threads often diverge into interesting, creative, unanticipated conversations. But some people feel that hijacking threads is rude, especially if the thread is important to its creator. If a poster creates a thread and, in the very first post, asks that the thread not be hijacked, please respect that. It's easy to create another thread to carry the conversation you want to have. When in doubt, err on the side of respecting the others here.

> What a way to start ending the

>series.

My thoughts are that since HBO announced that this is the program's final season, we already know that all of the characters will, in a sense, "die" during the next few weeks. So what's the big deal? You don't spend a lot of time wondering whether Gilligan and the others ever got rescued from that island, do you?

>My thoughts are that since HBO announced that this is the

>program's final season, we already know that all of the

>characters will, in a sense, "die" during the next few weeks.

"Kerri" and her other gal pals didn't die because HBO announced the end of their season. They left possibilities for other things (and I could care less what comes of Kerri and her unrealistic girlfriends - it would be nice if they did an episode where they all had yeast infections and had to be quarantined from the rest of the city).

>So what's the big deal? You don't spend a lot of time

>wondering whether Gilligan and the others ever got rescued

>from that island, do you?

No as they were rescued and then were stranded again. That's stupid.

So Woody, do you watch Six Feet Under at all and are you at all interested in the show?

I have followed this show since the beginning. I was not surprised that Nate died. In fact, I expected it since the show really began with his coming home to face his father's death after having boned Rachel in a hallway I think (?) I am sorry to see the show finish up, but am glad that it is going out maintaining it's high writing and acting standards.

As I lay on my sofa last evening watching this week's program, I deduced from the way that the writers/directors handled the last scene that Nate was dying.

Then I began to reflect on the conversation that he had with his wife.

Now that cold conversation leaves a lot for one to think about...But yet again, the conversation could be interpreted as having a double meaning--literal as well as symbolic-- sort of foreshadowing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have truly, truly enjoyed everything about this topknotch program except for the crazy, crazy mother. She has driven me to have NO empathy or sympathy for her. I'm glad that I don't know anyone who is that neurotic.

Yeah, it was a bummer that Nate was awake after a few hours after predictions of comatose for weeks or months, just to expire quietly while his brother slept in the chair next to him.

But I kind of expected it given the past story lines, and it was he that was most often visited by the ghost of his dad. What was even sorrier was his last words to his wife Brenda. Didn't you find it disgusting that the wild and crazy Brenda turned out to be at the end, the epitome of his whiney, complaining mom?

>As I lay on my sofa last evening watching this week's

>program, I deduced from the way that the writers/directors

>handled the last scene that Nate was dying.

And it was very interesting to see David as a pot smoking, van traveling hippie in that scene.

>I have truly, truly enjoyed everything about this topknotch

>program except for the crazy, crazy mother. She has driven me

>to have NO empathy or sympathy for her. I'm glad that I don't

>know anyone who is that neurotic.

She made me laugh the most and I actually felt sorry for her. She did have her annoying moments as well.

>What was even sorrier was his last words to his wife Brenda.

>Didn't you find it disgusting that the wild and crazy Brenda

>turned out to be at the end, the epitome of his whiney,

>complaining mom?

I feel sorry for her as well. After smoking, ingesting and fucking everything I felt she longed for a normal life ... especially after the hell her parents put her and her brother through. I wonder if she will get to keep Nate's daughter.

>"Kerri" and her other gal pals didn't die because HBO

>announced the end of their season.

Who?

>No as they were rescued and then were stranded again. That's

>stupid.

I don't think "stupid" is a strong enough term, actually.

>So Woody, do you watch Six Feet Under at all and are you at

>all interested in the show?

I watched fairly often during the first season, but very little after that as I agree with the critics that the show veered off into less and less believable plots and characters.

Guest ihpguy

I believe it was David's dream that Nate and he were in the van with their father driving. Also, I have waited every week for Maia/Maya's(sp?) mom to come back and reclaim her daughter. She was always loopy and figured she would show up at least once more to cause some stress-out occurences. Always thought that a DNA test would be performed at some point to prove paternity by Nate. It could still happen with Grandma reclaiming Maia as well. I thought the daughter in many ways was even wackier than the mother. Her string of boyfriends including the crazed drug-dealer. Also, cutie Ben Foster as the sexually-confused fellow art student. Lesbian leanings with Mena Suvari.

All during Sunday's episode I kept waiting for something more about the family of the jogging/treking in the canyon, bobcat victim. As the clock ticked down and it was thirty and then finally forty minutes past the hour, I kept to my mantra, Nate's gonna die/Nate's gonna die/un-fucking-believable but, Nate's gonna die. When it happened I was really happy. Shock and awe. Because that's really life. Everything is never tied up neat and tidy like most series closers. All the characters do not live happily ever after. Remember M*A*S*H*? When they killed off McLean Stevenson? That's it

I thought it wildly unbelievable that Nate could have

brain surgery and within hours be entertaining guests

in his hospital room. Don't they have an ICU?

Did Brenda have to tell him that she was waiting at the

church for him? Would you hound your mate directly after

brain surgery?

And what hospital allows children, with all their snotty noses,

into a hospital room?

Speaking of snotty noses, that drooling step-sister showed her

tits after sex, but Nate was wearing his underwear. Did he

only perform oral sex on her?

And personally, I wouldn't invite a Republican to an emergency room

under any circumstances.

Ruth is going to be so guilty. She went camping with that guy from "St. Elsewhere" while her son died. Oy, the schmirtz!

Rico's chubby wife is a bitch. Get over yourself, honey. Be glad

that someone still wants you with that flab hanging out.

Don't kids get arrested when they drive without a license??? I'd

smother them in their sleep.

Will they change the name of the funeral home to Fischer Brother and Diaz?

>Who?

Kerri/Kerry from Sex In The City. I was talking about Sarah Jessica Parker. I loath her character and that show as it turned into another typical gay stereotype and all of the gay characters (no regular ones ... just intermittent) on that show were awful depictions of homosexuality. Not EVERY homosexual man is a slave to a straight girl who portrays herself as helpless without her "fag".

>>No as they were rescued and then were stranded again.

>That's

>>stupid.

>

>I don't think "stupid" is a strong enough term, actually.

LOL - I agree.

>I watched fairly often during the first season, but very

>little after that as I agree with the critics that the show

>veered off into less and less believable plots and

>characters.

There was a season where I totally tuned out. I forgot what night it was on one season against another show that I liked better but the other show one. And yes, when I returned, I felt things became a bit more unbelievable. However, sadly, some of my TV taste is not very good at all. Though this season had my full attention it is a good time for it to end.

>and awe. Because that's really life. Everything is never tied

>up neat and tidy like most series closers. All the characters

>do not live happily ever after. Remember M*A*S*H*? When they

>killed off McLean Stevenson? That's it

I remember that the public was OUTRAGED at McLean's character died. Every once in a while when they do TV history type show they always bring up how the public as truly mad over that.

>I thought it wildly unbelievable that Nate could have

>brain surgery and within hours be entertaining guests

>in his hospital room. Don't they have an ICU?

I agree with you. I remember the doctor saying he was in ICU but then they were going to move him to a "step down" ward?

>Did Brenda have to tell him that she was waiting at the

>church for him? Would you hound your mate directly after

>brain surgery?

LOL - good for her though! That was wrong what he did! At least she tried and went to the church. Brenda does get an A for effort.

>Ruth is going to be so guilty. She went camping with that guy

>from "St. Elsewhere" while her son died. Oy, the schmirtz!

ROFLMAO - and yes, she will feel guilty indeed. However, in the previews, she really seems to be the family leader and doing quite well.

>Don't kids get arrested when they drive without a license???

I thought so too! I guess they were never caught.

And Rico ... got to see some skin this season but not enough for me.

RE: Oddly Familiar

>>Who?

>

>Kerri/Kerry from Sex In The City.

I'm very far from being an expert on that show, which I haven't seen in several years, but isn't the name of that character "Carrie Bradshaw"?

> However, sadly,

>some of my TV taste is not very good at all. Though this

>season had my full attention it is a good time for it to end.

I'm sure Alan Ball will create something else in the near future -- I doubt that he's going to retire or become a sheep farmer in Australia.

Personally, the only television series I have watched on a regular basis since "Seinfeld" ended is "The Sopranos." There's something about its central character -- a gangster who makes his living from illegal business dealings but who constantly complains about the dishonesty of the people he has to deal with -- that seems oddly familiar. :)

RE: Oddly Familiar

>I'm very far from being an expert on that show, which I

>haven't seen in several years, but isn't the name of that

>character "Carrie Bradshaw"?

I stand corrected. Your red pen is both gentle and kind. And this goes to show you how much I know/care about that show.

>Personally, the only television series I have watched on a

>regular basis since "Seinfeld" ended is "The Sopranos."

I remember Seinfeld's last episode where the last 3-4 minutes of the show's transmission was interrupted by someone "hacking" into the television system here in NY. I don't know if it was nationwide or not but I do remember our cable provider had to rebroadcast the finale the next day.

And, Mr. Woodlawn, I don't know if you were ever to see Louie perform at the Gaiety (I forgot if you are east or west coast) but I have been told that he will be in a recurring role in the next season of the Soprano's.

Nate's Funeral

So, is anyone going to plan a GREEN funeral? That was interesting indeed. AND it was pretty nasty seeing Nate's body after they took out all of his organs.

The best line in the show, and I am sure I am getting this wrong:

"So is this a quaker thing? You fuck someone's husband to death and then you bring them a quiche?"

I laughed out loud at that one.

VDN

Archived