Not the guitarist for U2, but...

Trixie
This topic is 6852 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know I'm supposed to search old threads before asking a question that has been asked- and I'm sure replied to- many times before, and I did, I really did. I gave a desultory glance at the first six or so results of the 114 that popped up, and realized that I'm much too lazy to find the answer that way. So I'm starting a new post.

What is "to Edge", as in "edging", or "likes to be edged"? It's a term that's popping up rather frequently on CL these days, mostly in conjuction with bondage ads.

Is it a specific act, or does it just mean exploring the "edge" of one's limits through whatever obsession one might have?

Trix

Edge Play

[blockquote][a href=http://www.bdsmcafe.com/resource/glossary/gloss-x.html]Edge Play[/a] - is a term used for activities that carry a degree of risk which is perceived to be high, or play which pushes the submissives limits 'to the edge'. It can include activities that are physically risky (eg the use of guns or knives in a scene) or ones that are emotionally risky (eg play that involves 'taboo' subjects like rape, slavery, or indeed anything the submissive is genuinely uneasy or phobic about). .[/blockquote]S&M Fear Factor anybody? I tried a rape scene once... Frighteningly intense and really freaked my shit out. Knocked me off sex completely for a few weeks. Needless to say, it wasn't for me...

RE: Edge Play

>S&M Fear Factor anybody?

>Knocked me off sex completely for a few

>weeks. Needless to say, it wasn't for me...[/font]

Once told a guy to bring be right to the edge and beyond, right over the brink so to speak… I really wanted, well at that point actually needed to test my limits… No mercy, no holding back… To my credit, I actually survived the ride...

However, I found out it was a big mistake to cross that infamous line between pain and pleasure… I usually leave an S&M session with a big smile on my face… not so that time…

Raife, it had the same effect on me… no desire for sex for at least two to three weeks… not to mention the recovery factor!

I guess I could say "been there done that"… having almost literally gotten my "red badge of courage"...never again!

Archived