Taking On Cooper

Lucky
This topic is 6851 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guys, I swear I didn't make this story up! (Even the last sentence!) But sometimes heart-warming stories just happen:

Dog Fights Off 700 - Pound Alligator

Published: July 15, 2005

Filed at 5:57 p.m. ET

PINOPOLIS, S.C. (AP) -- Dogs don't usually survive alligator attacks -- especially when the reptile is three times the canine's size. But Cooper, a 5-year-old golden retriever, is an exception. The spirited dog fought off a 14-foot, 700-pound alligator in a Lake Moultrie canal last month and lived to howl about it.

''I thought he was dead,'' said 14-year-old Chase Kierspe of the family pet. ''The alligator was huge. I didn't think he could fight it. He fights me, but that's all.''

Cooper escaped from the backyard for a swim across the canal and apparently attracted the gator. Chase was cutting the grass when he saw the alligator spying his pet. He threw a cup and a lawn chair at the gator, but it didn't budge.

Then Cooper leaped and the gator followed. Chase ran and screamed for help.

After it was all over, Cooper had lost a few teeth and had flesh and muscle torn from a front leg and chunks of skin missing from both haunches. The gator suffered bites to its snout.

''I never heard of a dog getting away from an alligator in the water,'' said Tom Kierspe, Chase's dad. ''You always hear that they grab them, go under and do the 'death roll.' ''

The state doesn't keep records of alligator size, but this was ''one of the largest if not the largest'' the Department of Natural Resources has seen in some time, said Walt Rhodes of the wildlife agency.

The gator's head and hide sit in Kierspe's freezer. He has contacted local museums and parks about getting it mounted and is considering applying to get it certified as a state record.

As for Cooper, Kierspe said, ''we changed his name to 'Lucky.'''

------

Lassie, Rin-Tin-Tin, and now Cooper..LOL... Thanks Lucky for sharing this courageous K9 tail with us... Hopefully, VDN won't see it and start posting pictures of "Cooper". Btw, proof of age is on file.

Sad to report that I just read an article in the newspaper "Blade". It talks of NYPD activity at the popular NYC bar "Splash". Seems that last Friday night several police officers entered the bar and gave the owner a citation for allowing bartenders to work topless. I didn't know there was such a law... Also last week, the doors on the bathroom stalls were removed due to in-house activity... Looks like Splash/SBNY is coming under the watchful eyes of the NYPD... This sounds like the beginning of a "Cooper" investigation.

>sharing this courageous K9 tail with us... Hopefully, VDN

>won't see it and start posting pictures of "Cooper".

The only picture I have of you and Lucky together is from that infamous night when you two were "asked" to leave Stella's regarding the "under-ware examination" incident.

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/8747/generalhumortwobadgirls4au.jpg

It wasn't a pretty scene but thank goodness they let you right back in 10 minutes later. ;)

>Sad to report that I just read an article in the newspaper

>"Blade". It talks of NYPD activity at the popular NYC bar

>"Splash". Seems that last Friday night several police officers

>entered the bar and gave the owner a citation for allowing

Outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS! There can be NO FUN in the city anymore!?! Does everything have to cater to the Hooters mentality of this country? The red states are taking over the blue states! First REDs, then Stella's, then LaFluers and the Gaiety and now Splash!? Well, thank goodness Wal-Mart is still opened. :(

Guest JohnPela

>>Btw, >the police officer was a true gentlemen!

>

>He most certainly was. He used the padded cuffs for delicate

>wrists. ;)

Cooper, You and Lucky were smart to ask for padded handcuffs. I have heard that cuffs can really hurt one's wrists :-) Also, you were smart to be cooperative with the police as the pic seems to show.

There has also been persistent and disturbing rumors that all this NYPD crackdown of gay bars and strip clubs has forced our very own Cooper to start frequenting straight strip clubs like FlashDance. Please Tell me its not true!! Could this lead to a separate Female Strip Club Forum with weekly reviews on this site? That could be the last straw in the strinking gay hustler bar/strip club nightlife in NYC.

Hehehe...those cops were taking on two alligators! Never mess with a drag queen!

But isn't NYC on high terror alert? Aren't there safety issues in the subways? Yet the cops are harassing bartenders at Splash? And to think Bloomberg marched in the gay parade...

Well Whip..I guess it just Proves.. If you get BIT in the "Right Places", It ain't all that Bad! You "Live to Play" another Day! "Please keep this in mind"..LOL Unfortunately this Doggies Session, will leave Marks! One Lucky Mutt, I think they lose about 10 poodles a Year to "Gators" in the South Every Year, at Least! :+

Archived