Los Angeles chapter of Hooville Summer Dinner

bigguyinpasadena
This topic is 6807 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Summer meeting of Hoovillians of southern California(and some out of town visitors)will be on FRIDAY August 5th at the NEW!!!! Numbers.

Dinner is at 7:30 and we do a meet and greet on the patio around 7.

Please private me if would like to attend.Sibce this is a Friday night I have to be pretty accurate in the reservation.

• 2 weeks later...

Serious offer: I'll pay someone $200 to write a CANDID, truthful account of what REALLY goes on at these things, and what the attendees are REALLY like - for publication either here and/or the other site.

Nice boy ass-kissers and obsequious prostitutes trolling for clients by giggling at everyone need not apply. Playful but cutting viciousness preferred.

Having attended two of these gatherings so far, I'm sure you guys will have your usual fun time. Sorry that I can't join in -- had plans already (Fridays tend to be bad for me anyway), but I'll be there in spirit }(

For those who haven't attended but have been tempted, I can say that it's a very friendly and warm group of guys who attend (not to mention the boys who often show up to). Being a closeted married guy, I was obviously cautious about attending, but I'm really glad that I finally did it (had to bring a date with me to give me courage, but I'd have no problem going stag now).

We had a great time!We were 8 at table which included 1 new member and 1 out of town guest.

A lot of swapping(well info and stories at least!)and comaraderie de bon temps.A big shout-out to Alfie our waiter-you did a great job-thanks.

We were the biggest table in the joint,tucked in the far corner where we prefer(more room and you can play hide and seek with cute boys using the mirrors.

After dinner VenturaVixen,Epiquinos,and I wandered down to Mickeys to oogle the dancers-we were not dissapointed!

So thanks to all who showed up-fun evening.

It was great to see a few friends and meet some new ones. I would say I was sorry to beg out and leave so early but who I had waiting on me back at the Hotel was well worth it. ;-)

I hope to get back again before the end of the year. Thanks for all the LA hospitality. Too bad Rod didn't find our table, he is a cool sexy guy.

Yes-that tradition still continues.Although I have to say it was a little slow for a friday night when we were there.

The new owner spent some $$$ "fixing"the place up.The result is not better than the old design.The wrought iron railing seperating the bar area from the raised dining area was replaced by a solid partition-makes it very claustrophobic in the already tight bar area

Some of the mirrors over and around the bar were removed-making the whole space darker and kinda gloomy-but some would say atmospheric.

They really could have updated the menu-and keeping the old chef is not an acomplishment to crow about.

Archived