How Stella Got Her Homophobia Back

dfw2sfo
This topic is 6861 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Don't know if you've heard but "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" author Terry McMillan is getting divorced from the guy that was the focus of this book/movie because it turns out he's gay (or he discovered he's gay). This can't be an easy situation for her to be in but what is disappointing is that he's alleging that she called him a fag and made other homophobic comments. This was first reported (to my knowledge) back in late June in the SF Chronicle (see below). Hopefully there will be some backlash against her because it's just not OK.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/26/BAGTQDF4S01.DTL&hw=terry+mcmillan&sn=001&sc=1000

If a man I had been with for six years told me that he had been “struggling” with his heterosexuality for the last 28 years, but had recently determined that he was straight; I’m pretty sure the words “fucking breeder” would come up at some point.

I just don’t buy this “I discovered I was gay” bullshit. No one can be that out of tune with their own feelings. He used her and she’s pissed off about it. I’d be out for blood too.

Archived