WTF California - Million Dollar Mobile Homes??

OneFinger
This topic is 6862 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The crazy California real estate market has come to this: a million-dollar trailer.

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2005/07/06/inside1-1million-trailer.jpg

A two-bedroom, two-bathroom mobile home perched on a lot in Malibu is selling for $1.4 million. This isn't a greedy seller asking a ridiculous amount no one will pay.

Two others sold in the area recently for $1.3 million and $1.1 million. Another, at $1.8 million, is in escrow. Nearby, another lists for $2.7 million...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/housing/2005-07-05-million-dollar-trailers_x.htm

Brings new meaning to the term "Trailer Trash". (Does that mean I have to start showing respect to some posters here that act like trailer trash?) :+

There was a Program on "Million Dollar Trailers" on the HGTV Channel. Fantastic Structures...BUT the Neighborhoods that they are "Parked In".. aren't about to let them do very much, "Hitchin & Unhitchin",on the Scenic and Ultra Exspensive Ca Coast.. In Fla.. if you own a Mobile Home you are the First to be told to "Get Outta Town".. I wonder what they would tell the "Owners of a Million $$ Trailer" to do? LOL :+

Yes Whip. As you know many Trailer Parks in General in Fla, the Land of the "Retiree's".. Some are quite nice. I never did understand the "Generalization" that all are really run down, full of Life's Low Lifes. I have seen some I wouldn't mind living in at all. The "Problem" now is the "Land" they are on, is being Sold for Big Bucks to Real Estate Developer's. and If you can't afford to "Move your Trailer"(Quite Exspensive) to another Location Your just Plain Screwed! This Sadly affects many Senior Citizen's on a Limited Income, who thought they had found the Perfect "Last Home for Life"! :+

It's the only thing that matters Scarlett

I would guess that the reason these elaborate tin boxes fetch such high prices is the land and Location, location, location. But hey, what do I know?

I would be less than candid if I said I would ever think of paying that kind of money for a tin box, even if it was located in Shangri la, instead of la la land.

Archived