Attention all sluts!

samhexum
This topic is 1239 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Oral sex is producing dangerous gonorrhea and a decline in condom use is helping it to spread, the World Health Organization has said.

It warns that if someone contracts gonorrhea, it is now much harder to treat, and in some cases impossible.

The sexually transmitted infection is rapidly developing resistance to antibiotics.

Experts said the situation was “fairly grim” with few new drugs on the horizon.

About 78 million people pick up the STI each year and it can cause infertility.

The World Health Organization analysed data from 77 countries which showed gonorrhea’s resistance to antibiotics was widespread.

Dr Teodora Wi, from the WHO, said there had even been three cases – in Japan, France and Spain – where the infection was completely untreatable.

She said: “Gonorrhea is a very smart bug, every time you introduce a new class of antibiotics to treat gonorrhea, the bug becomes resistant.”

Worryingly, the vast majority of gonorrhea infections are in poor countries where resistance is harder to detect.

“These cases may just be the tip of the iceberg,” she added.

Throat infection

Gonorrhea can infect the genitals, rectum and throat, but it is the last that is most concerning health officials.

Dr Wi said antibiotics could lead to bacteria in the back of the throat, including relatives of gonorrhea, developing resistance.

She said: “When you use antibiotics to treat infections like a normal sore throat, this mixes with the Neisseriaspecies in your throat and this results in resistance.”

Thrusting gonorrhea bacteria into this environment through oral sex can lead to super-gonorrhea.

“In the US, resistance [to an antibiotic] came from men having sex with men because of pharyngeal infection,” she added.

A decline in condom use, which had soared because of fears of HIV/Aids, is thought to help the infection spread.

<h2What is gonorrhoea?

The disease is caused by the bacterium called Neisseria gonorrhoea.

The infection is spread by unprotected vaginal, oral and anal sex.

Symptoms can include a thick green or yellow discharge from sexual organs, pain when urinating and bleeding between periods.

However, of those infected, about one in 10 heterosexual men and more than three-quarters of women, and gay men, have no easily recognisable symptoms.

Untreated infection can lead to infertility, pelvic inflammatory disease and can be passed on to a child during pregnancy.

The World Health Organization is calling on countries to monitor the spread of resistant gonorrhea and to invest in new drugs.

Dr Manica Balasegaram, from the Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership, said: “The situation is fairly grim.

“There are only three drug candidates in the entire drug [development] pipeline and no guarantee any will make it out.”

But ultimately, the WHO said vaccines would be needed to stop gonorrhea.

Prof Richard Stabler, from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said: “Ever since the introduction of penicillin, hailed as a reliable and quick cure, gonorrhea has developed resistance to all therapeutic antibiotics.

“In the past 15 years therapy has had to change three times following increasing rates of resistance worldwide.

“We are now at a point where we are using the drugs of last resort, but there are worrying signs as treatment failure due to resistant strains has been documented.”

Is oral sex more common now? By BBC World online

It’s hard to say if more people around the world are having more oral sex than they used to, as there isn’t much reliable global data available.

Data from the UK and US show it’s very common, and has been for years, including among teenagers.

The UK’s first National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles, carried out in 1990-1991, found 69.7% of men and 65.6% of women had given oral sex to, or received it from, a partner of the opposite sex in the previous year.

By the time of the second survey during 1999-2001, this had increased to 77.9% for men and 76.8% for women, but hasn’t changed much since.

A national survey in the US, meanwhile, has found about two-thirds of 15-24 year olds have ever had oral sex.

Dr Mark Lawton from the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV said people with gonorrhea in the throat would be unlikely to realise it and thus be more likely to pass it on via oral sex.

He recognises that while condoms would reduce the risk of transmission, many people wouldn’t want to use them.

“My message would be to get tested so at least if you’ve got it you know about it,” Dr Lawton said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-40520125

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counter point:

http://jezebel.com/im-sorry-this-zombie-fish-is-definitely-worse-than-sup-1796721200/amp

Tl;dr yes antibiotic resistance is a problem. There have been THREE (if you read the long BBC post) cases of super gonorrhea reported.

Either way, make sure you're getting the holes you use swabbed and/or pee in a cup when you go get tested!

(Shameless plug of my podcast where I talk about gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis in "The Curable Trio")

Happy slutting!

That's why it's so very important to get yer butts in Regularly for your complete STI screening~

It's easy, painless, relatively inexpensive if not free and can really reduce your level of stress and anxiety over sex and sexual encounters. It can reduce the probability of acquiring a sexually-transmitted infection and passing an STI on to others should one be exposed.

My last labs were 08/17/2017~ I'm happy to share with Clients I meet who are interested.

I myself, consistently get checked for ALL testable STI's every three months. (Hep C once yearly as that is all my physicians will let me test for it). I carry my results with me in case anyone is curious to see.

I have also had my complete series of shots for HPV and hepatitis.

Granted by the time you're 24 you have already been exposed to a variety of HPV strains~

I went ahead and got the series of three shots for HPV because of the potential of protecting me from several forms of cancer associated with HPV.

I carry condoms with me at all times even if I don't intend to use them, (appointments are not necessarily sexual prescriptions): latex, non-latex, natural lambs (although they are right on me due to my "primary asset girth"), female condoms and an assortment of lubes to accommodate any of those prophylactics.

There is also great benefit to getting yourself on PreP~ It works and there are affordable ways to get it, however, there is some paper work and beaurocracy associated with doing so~

Its totally worth it though you still need to be conscientious of other STI's besides HIV protection offered from PreP~

While getting tested every three months does not rule out the possibility of contracting an STI, it really reduces the potential and decreases the incidences of passing on a "silent" STI, (one that doesn't exhibit symptoms in a person). (i.e. Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, HPV on the glans penis, etc., these don't always exhibit symptoms or discomfort).

If you're worried about your anonymity you can go to a clinic and do it completely anonymous. That sometimes works best for people who need complete confidentiality and discretion.

It is also important to educate yourself about the signs and symptoms of the STI's, including where various STI's are more prevalent in certain areas/cities you might be traveling to and intending to play. Some STI's are more prevalent in certain areas and less prevalent in others and the strains can be more or less virulent and communicable~

Certain kinds of sexual play may put you at greater risk of contracting an STI~

Educating yourself may take some personal effort and even make some personally uncomfortable but, that is a small amount of healthy maintenance in comparison to having the necessary imposition of treatment that can be both time-consuming, embarrassing or stressful to ones family, self or partners…

Some STI's like molluscum contagiosum, human papilloma virus, scabies and or crab lice can take a long time to resolve… Sometimes months on up to a year or more. Protecting yourself is much easier.

Keep it real though… Unhealthy fear of STI's isn't necessarily healthy either. There is healthy fear and unhealthy fear.

Unhealthy fear that prevents you from living a quality life, having a healthy relationship with another human being, experiencing intimacy in an open and honest way can be crippling in emotional and psychological ways.

Healthy fear protects you from making unnecessary mistakes… For example, you don't want to do a bunch of meth, get totally drunk, put yourself in a position where you're not in control of protecting yourself, (not just sexually but physically in other ways, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually)...

i.e., Being in a bath house with your ass up in the air passing out from poppers or some other substance while people that you don't know pop loads into your butt lends to a situation of greater risk~ Healthy fear tells you not to take that kind of path.

A realistic balance can come from educating yourself and following an STI screening game plan~

You neither have to live in danger or fear~

Tyger~

Tygerkink@yahoo.com

971.400.2633 (phone calls must be scheduled in advance thru texting or email. thx)

https://rent.men/AAATygerscentXXX

http://www.daddysreviews.com/venue/usa/oregon/tyger_portland

Edited by Tygerscent

• 4 weeks later...

This is getting out of hand.

For the third year in a row, STD rates for gonorrhea, clamydia and syphilis are at record highs, says the Centers for Disease Control’s annual STD Surveillance Report.

Over 2 million cases of gonorrhea, clamydia and syphilis were reported in 2016, up from just under 2 million in 2015. Most affected overall were teens and young adults aged 15-24, gay and bisexual men and pregnant women.

Locally, New York ranks 12 in reporting the most cases of chlamydia, 22nd for gonorrhea, 5th for syphilis, and 28th for congential syphilis.

Chlamydia remains the most common sexually transmitted infection with 1.6 million cases reported last year. There were 470,000 gonorrhea cases and almost 28,000 cases of primary and secondary syphilis.

Chlamydia was highest among teen and young adult women, but men have seen a rise in diagnosis due to wider availability of urine and extragenital (meaning the rectal or throat swabs) testing.

Syphilis cases have increased every year since an all time low in 2001. In addition to an increase across all racial and ethnic groups, there was an increase in congeital syphilis from 2015 to 2016 as well.

Gonorrhea had the highest increase of the three from 2015 to 2016, with a 18.5% increase in cases.

All three STDs can be treated with antibiotics if caught at the right time, but there is increasing concern about untreatable gonorrhea, which has become resistant to most common antibiotics.

Syphilis symptoms can include sores, rashes, sore throat, and swollen lymph nodes. Chlamydia and gonorrhea don’t always present with symptoms, so they can often go undetected, but include painful urination, swelling, and fever.

Left untreated, STDs can lead to spreading the infection, infertility, increased risk of HIV transmission, and, in some cases, death.

The CDC suggests increased government support for STD prevention and education, parents talking to their kids about sexually transmitted diseases and for individuals to use condoms correctly and often.

I hate to ask but is oral sex with a condom terrible. Would it not be enjoyable for the top? This thread is making think I should consider it.

I do not enjoy oral sex with a condom. I don't like the flavor or texture.

As a giver, I can suck a dildo for the same flavor. The texture of his cock is ruined by the condom.

As a receiver, I miss the various textures of a mouth/throat. And tonguing the condom isn't the same as licking my head.

So, while some people may accept it, I do not.

• 1 month later...

You’re more likely to catch an STD in Alaska than any other state, according to a new report.

Sexually transmitted diseases have hit an all-time high in America — with the frontier state ranking the most infected nationally, according to data from the Center for Disease Control.

The icy state racked up a less-than-steamy “disease score” of 484 per 100,000 people, according to the data. Mississippi was ranked second worst, followed by Louisiana and Georgia.

By contrast, Vermont was the most STD-free state with a score of 145 per 100,000 people. New Hampshire ranked second best, followed by West Virginia and Maine.

New York ranked the 13th most STD-infected state, according to the report.

Nationally, the number of STDs has spiked for the third consecutive year in an “epidemic” that may be linked to the popularity of dating apps, according to an analysis by the data website Backgroundchecks.org.

“With the popularity of hookup apps like Tinder and Grindr, finding casual sex partners has never been easier, but the increasing convenience of enjoying one-nighters has come with a cost: STD rates are surging in the U.S. like never before,” the site says.

“The problem is so bad that many experts are labeling the surge in STD rates a national epidemic,” it adds.

Overall, syphilis soared 17.6 percent nationwide, Chlamydia spiked 4.7 percent and Gonorrhea increased 18.5 percent between 2015 and 2016.

Men contracted the most cases of Syphilis nationally— a total of 90 percent — in 2016, according to the report, which compiled the most recent available data.

“Increases in STDs are a clear warning of a growing threat,” said Dr. Jonathan Mermin, director of CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, according to PJMedia.com

“STDs are a persistent enemy, growing in number, and outpacing our ability to respond,” he warned.

• 6 months later...

A California report finds the number of cases of sexually transmitted diseases in the state reached a record high in 2017.

The California Department of Public Health said Monday that more than 300,000 cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea and early syphilis were reported last year. That’s a 45 percent increase compared with five years ago.

Officials say there were 30 stillbirths due to congenital syphilis last year — the highest number reported since 1995.

Chlamydia and gonorrhea rates are highest among people under age 30. Rates of chlamydia are highest among young women. Men account for the majority of syphilis and gonorrhea cases.

The department’s director, Dr. Karen Smith, urges sexually active people to use condoms and get tested regularly. Many STDs can be cured with antibiotics.

A California report finds the number of cases of sexually transmitted diseases in the state reached a record high in 2017.

The California Department of Public Health said Monday that more than 300,000 cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea and early syphilis were reported last year. That’s a 45 percent increase compared with five years ago.

Officials say there were 30 stillbirths due to congenital syphilis last year — the highest number reported since 1995.

Chlamydia and gonorrhea rates are highest among people under age 30. Rates of chlamydia are highest among young women. Men account for the majority of syphilis and gonorrhea cases.

The department’s director, Dr. Karen Smith, urges sexually active people to use condoms and get tested regularly. Many STDs can be cured with antibiotics.

It's the end of the world.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/1b2af2c3247939215d0504fe5c5354e6/tumblr_n2ep58tOxs1toamj8o1_500.gif

If folks have kept using condoms in the 90's and 2000's HIV-Aids might be gone (or reduced) by now and in the next decade we wouldn't need PrEP nor condoms.

Edited by marylander1940

In the past, I have often insisted on using condoms for oral sex to reduce the risk of contracting an STI. Sometimes I forgo this now, accepting some increased risk in exchange for a more enjoyable experience. But I do regularly get screened for gonorrhea and chlamydia with an oral swab without regard to symptoms, as these STIs can be asymptomatic. In terms of reducing the risks associated with oral sex, people should also consider getting vaccinated for HPV. There are many strains of this virus, some of which are associated with oropharyngeal cancers. If you are over 26, you generally have to pay for the vaccination series yourself, but it may well be worth it to you. https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/std-how-do-you-protect-yourself.125511/page-2 (post 35), https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/oral-using-a-condom.116256/page-2#post-1130744 (posts 35 and 36). Even though you may have been exposed to one strain, the vaccine may protect you against another.

For MSM, the rise is in syphilis and gonorrhea cases. For straight people, the rise is in chlamydia and syph.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/STDs-CA-2017Snapshot.pdf

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/Syph-Gonorrhea-MSM-2017Snapshot.pdf

There's a lot of fear being spread about syphilis right now.

I'm looking specifically at the (queer) media coverage of the palm springs numbers.

1- Logo/NewNowNext

2- Gaypopbuzz

3- Instinct Mag

4- Towleroad

All giving the impression that only dirty sluts with rashes should get tested for syphilis. One article calls condoms "useless" and another places responsibility solely on PrEP users. It ignores the fact that in order to even get PrEP, people are required to get tested every 3 months. As the number of people getting connected to care goes up, testing and treatment goes up. This (hopefully) makes the rate of disclosures go up and more people get tested and treated and disclose and on and on and on.

(PS - need tips on how to disclose an STI to your partner? Check out this episode of a podcast I do called "On the Dresser" where we do some mock phone calls and give some advice on what to do once you know your status.)

Does history repeat itself?

In the early 1900s, the American Social Hygiene Association used fear and stigma against STDs and prostitutes to put many women who were "suspected of having an STI" in prison.

http://time.com/5276807/american-concentration-camps-promiscuous-women/

[/url]

>> "women were incarcerated as part of a government campaign known as the “American Plan.” Initially conceived during World War I as a federal project to protect soldiers from STIs and prostitutes — who were believed to nearly always carry STIs — it later expanded to reach into American communities at large, with state and municipal governments encouraged to pass their own parallel laws. Eventually, the Plan became one of the largest and longest-lasting mass quarantines in American history.

Under the American Plan, government officials were empowered to scour the streets looking for any woman whom they “reasonably suspected” of carrying an STI. These officials detained countless “suspected” women, examined them without their consent, and locked up those who tested positive — as well as a number who didn’t, but who were deemed sufficiently “immoral” or “promiscuous.” The Plan operated more or less continuously in many places during the 1910s, 1920s, 1930s and 1940s. During World War II, it was reinvigorated on a national level, though local officials had never truly ceased to round up and lock up women for having STIs or being suspected of prostitution. In some places, officials continued to enforce the Plan as late as the 1970s, and laws originally passed under the Plan were referred to in the 1980s and 1990s to justify the proposed quarantine of another group of individuals with a stigmatized infection: HIV/AIDS. Each of these laws remains on the books, in some form, to this day

Post FOSTA-SESTA, it's important (I think) to keep an eye on the way media talks to us about sex including STIs.

Police say a Mississippi man has been charged with knowingly exposing others to HIV.

News outlets report 29-year-old Tyrone Ross, of Gulfport, was arrested Sunday as the result of a complaint received against him at a hospital.

Gulfport police Sgt. Clayton Fulks says Ross met a man while they were in jail and was intimate with him behind bars. Fulks says they continued their relationship after they were released.

Police say the relationship lasted between October 2015 and May 2018.

Police say Ross had previously been convicted for knowingly exposing others to HIV twice. It’s unclear if Ross has a lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

A man was left with a circle-shaped wound on the roof of his mouth after performing too much oral sex, dentists said.

The 47-year-old paid a visit to his dentist after noticing a filling in his tooth was cracked.

While dentists were examining his mouth they noticed a “circular-shaped lesion” on his soft palate — the roof of his mouth.

The man, from Mexico, was unaware of the lesion and said it had not caused him pain.

Confused as to what it might be, dentists took a full history of the patient.

He told dentists he had a history of marijuana and cocaine use and was sexually active with men.

The last time he had performed oral sex on someone was three days before his appointment, according to the BMJ case report.

Dentists concluded the lesion, known as an erythema, was caused by him giving oral sex.

“The contact of the palate with the penile glands may cause a hematoma due to blunt trauma and dilatation of the blood vessels because of the negative pressure created while sucking,” Dr. Luis Alberto Mendez, who treated the patient, wrote in the report.

“With this information, we concluded that the erythema on the soft palate was associated with the practice of oral sex.”

The lesions went away on their own, although he was advised that oral sex was off the cards for a few days.

After 15 days the lesions had completely gone and the man was able to resume his sex life.

It’s not the first time this type of injury has been recorded, although it is rare.

A study of 132 sex workers in Peru noted that 17 of the participants suffered lesions in the mouth due to oral sex, the report notes.

“It is pertinent to consider this practice [oral sex] as a potential cause of oral lesions, particularly on the palate,” Mendez added.

“It is important to obtain a comprehensive history and a detailed oral examination.

“In high-risk patients, we should consider the possibility of sexually transmitted disease.

“As health care professionals, it is our responsibility to provide counseling and reassurance to all patients presenting with these lesions, particularly those undertaking high-risk sexual behavior.”