A pleasant surprise 35 years later

samhexum

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great work, thanks for posting the videos. Sounds like the score for a musical and since there is real interest in a 3rd movie that may be what has inspired them. Troubled woman, breakup, child visitation rights, etc. Sounds written to a script However it is very good work and stands on its own. The Netflix series "This Is Pop" focuses their third segment on Swedish influence in pop music and is worth a watch, the rest is forgettable.  

• 5 months later...

''I Am An A'', also known as ''A Simple Four Letter Word'' is a song written for the band's European and Australian tour, with lyrics written by all four members, jokingly depicting themselves as A, B, B and A. The song was never considered for a studio version, it was just used during concerts in 1977.

• 4 weeks later...

Abba Voyage review: jaw-dropping avatar act that’s destined to be copied

Any sense you’re not actually in the presence of the band dissolves during a setlist of crowd-pleasing hits

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/26/abba-voyage-review-jaw-dropping-avatar-act-thats-destined-to-be-copied

spacer.png

spacer.png

Abba Voyage: The band's virtual concert needs to be seen to be believed

The four members of Abba made their first public appearance in 14 years as they attended the premiere of their Abba Voyage show in London.

Agnetha, Frida, Benny and Bjorn reunited for the opening night of the concert, which features digital versions of the band.

Frida watched the show with a wide grin across her face, while Benny stood up and clapped along to Dancing Queen.

They took a curtain call at the end, to deafening applause from the audience.

"Abba has never left us, in my heart," singer Agnetha Faltskog told the BBC on the red carpet.

"It was not such a difficult decision [to reunite] because the music is part of us."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61592104

The album has brought me such joy in the 6+ months it's been out.   I never thought I'd hear anything new from them.

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

• 11 months later...

She’s got two left feet — but she made it work.

A viral video captured the moment a couple’s Labrador stole the show during their nuptials after the groom performed an adorable “father-dogter” dance with their beloved pooch, Rosy.

Rosy stole the show at the April wedding in Philadelphia when the groom, Ben, picked up the pooch, cradling her as they danced to ABBA’s “Dancing Queen” at the reception, drawing cheers and applause from those attending.

The bride, Julie Filreis, filmed the sweet, two-minute serenade, saying their loving pup is definitely a “daddy’s girl.”

They got the idea for a “father-dogter” dance during a holiday party when Ben picked up Rosy and danced with her in his arms.

Julie told Storyful that after seeing the adorable interaction, they decided to dedicate a dance to Rosy at their wedding.

NYPICHPDPICT000011559159.jpg?resize=1024

On 5/26/2022 at 9:23 PM, samhexum said:

Abba Voyage review: jaw-dropping avatar act that’s destined to be copied

Any sense you’re not actually in the presence of the band dissolves during a setlist of crowd-pleasing hits

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/26/abba-voyage-review-jaw-dropping-avatar-act-thats-destined-to-be-copied

spacer.png

spacer.png

Abba Voyage: The band's virtual concert needs to be seen to be believed

The four members of Abba made their first public appearance in 14 years as they attended the premiere of their Abba Voyage show in London.

Agnetha, Frida, Benny and Bjorn reunited for the opening night of the concert, which features digital versions of the band.

Frida watched the show with a wide grin across her face, while Benny stood up and clapped along to Dancing Queen.

They took a curtain call at the end, to deafening applause from the audience.

"Abba has never left us, in my heart," singer Agnetha Faltskog told the BBC on the red carpet.

"It was not such a difficult decision [to reunite] because the music is part of us."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61592104

The album has brought me such joy in the 6+ months it's been out.   I never thought I'd hear anything new from them.

Late to the reply game on this one, but I agree 100%.  The show is unreal (literally, but beautifully done).

I figured it would look fake, but seeing is believing:  The avatars were scarily lifelike.  The audience buys in totally.

I saw the show in December.  Would also recommend springing for the VIP experience pre-show.  

• 3 months later...

Agnetha Fältskog has relaunched her solo career with a new single. 

Speaking with BBC Radio 2 host Zoe Ball before the track was played on Thursday, Fältskog said the single was made with “a good feeling.”

The single is from a reimagined version of her 2013 album “A.”

Talking about how the idea to launch the new album “A+” came about, Fältskog said: “It came as an idea suddenly.”

Fältskog, 73, said she talked with songwriter and producer Jörgen Elofsson, who also appeared on the BBC Radio 2 show, adding they wanted to make the 2013 album sound “totally new.” The “Where Do We Go From Here?” single is a new addition to the album.

“I love music. Music is in my heart and in my brain all the time. I live and I sleep with music,” Fältskog said.

Asked how it felt to hear the single on the radio, Fältskog said: “It feels good. You never get tired of it, to hear yourself on the radio. That’s really something. It’s always a tense feeling, you can say, about what are people going to think about this. But as long as you have your heart in it and you have done the best you can, because I’m not so young anymore and I’m very grateful that I still have my voice and a good composer beside me (Elofsson).”

Next year will mark 50 years since ABBA won the Eurovision song contest, and the upcoming edition will be held in the band’s home country Sweden.

Ball asked Fältskog whether the group were planning to do anything to mark the occasion, to which she responded: “You never know anything about ABBA … I don’t say anything about that.”

On 9/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, samhexum said:

The saddest thing is that I doubt I'll be around in 40 years when they release their next album.  I'll be 99 by then.  Of course, they'll all be over 110 at that point.

Don't be so negative.  Maybe you'll be able to see them in concert, singing their reworked hits:

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (A man After 4pm)

Gasping Queen

Coding Me, Coding You

Lay All Your CPR On Me

Slipping Through My Bladder

Super Pooper

The Reaper Takes it All

Watery-poo

If It Wasn't For the Depends

I Still Have Faith in Medicare

I Have a Cream (A Rash that Stings)

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2023 at 12:58 AM, samhexum said:

... a reimagined version of her 2013 album “A.”

Talking about how the idea to launch the new album “A+” came about, Fältskog said: “It came as an idea suddenly.”

Fältskog, 73, said she talked with songwriter and producer Jörgen Elofsson, who also appeared on the BBC Radio 2 show, adding they wanted to make the 2013 album sound “totally new.” The “Where Do We Go From Here?” single is a new addition to the album.

Sadly, I've listened to the first 2 tracks that were released from A+, and I much prefer the original versions.  Oh well, maybe the other 8 tracks will fare better.

On 9/1/2023 at 12:58 AM, samhexum said:

On 10/10/2023 at 7:37 PM, samhexum said:

Sadly, I've listened to the first 2 tracks that were released from A+, and I much prefer the original versions.  Oh well, maybe the other 8 tracks will fare better.

MAJOR BUMMER!  I don't like ANY of the reimagined songs.