Finger in Salad at Applebee's

OneFinger
This topic is 6868 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On June 28th there was a report of a lawsuit filed against Applebee's in Lousiana over a finger that was found in a salad. Sounded to me like a "copy cat" after the Wendy's incident. But, it appears the incident happened over a year ago.

http://www.theksbwchannel.com/news/4662983/detail.html

Today Applebee's is admitting that it actually happened and they found the source of the finger.

Applebee's said Sunday it has found the source of a fingertip that a customer says ended up in a salad, and apologized to the woman through a statement, saying that the chain "deeply" regrets the incident.

An internal investigation revealed that a former employee at a Jefferson, La., restaurant cut the tip off his thumb a year ago.

A Louisiana woman is suing the Applebee's restaurant chain after she allegedly found a human fingertip in her salad.

May Johnson filed a lawsuit against the restaurant chain in June seeking unspecified damages. She claims she became violently ill after finding a fingertip in a take-out salad last year.

Johnson's attorney Michael Darnell said his client hasn't been able to eat at restaurants since, and is in counseling for "anxieties." He said he's keeping the fingertip in his office freezer. As for why it took a year to file suit, Darnell said they didn't know the extent of her medical and other damages...

http://www.theksbwchannel.com/news/4680232/detail.html

Sounds to me like she's got a great case against both Applebee's and the former employee.

BTW, the finger she found was NOT one of mine. :+

Archived