Bill Cosby's Trial Begins

Larstrup
This topic is 1024 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

23COSBY-SUB-master768.jpg

Bill Cosby arriving for jury selection in his sexual assault case at the Allegheny County Courthouse in Pittsburgh.

PITTSBURGH — The search for 12 jurors who can fairly and impartially weigh sexual assault charges against Bill Cosby — despite the blaze of publicity surrounding the entertainer in recent years, amid allegations made by dozens of women — has begun here Monday morning.

Nearly 17 months after Mr. Cosby was charged with the aggravated indecent assault of Andrea Constand at his home in suburban Philadelphia in 2004, Judge Steven T. O’Neill and the lawyers in the case will start reviewing the first potential jurors, drawn from lists of registered voters and drivers in Allegheny County.

Mr. Cosby, 79, arrived at the Allegheny County Courthouse in Pittsburgh before 8 a.m., wearing a tan jacket, holding a cane and helped by an aide. He walked slowly through the courtyard in the middle of the building and declined to answer reporters’ questions.

The jury pool is being drawn here because of concerns raised by Mr. Cosby’s defense team that it would be hard to find open-minded jurors in Montgomery County, where Mr. Cosby has a home and where the trial is scheduled to start June 5 in Norristown.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/arts/bill-cosby-jury-selection.html?_r=0

• 4 years later...

1 hour ago, glutes said:

45 minutes ago, MikeBiDude said:

I was looking for a thread to add this to myself….I was surprised how old all the discussions are! He may see daylight as soon as today.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/us/bill-cosby-to-be-released/index.html

One of the benefits when you go green:

Gallatin County Leads The State In Wage Growth | MTPR

36 minutes ago, Scott Virginian said:

They didn’t release him because he’s innocent; they released him because his confessions were ruled inadmissible in court

But don’t forget….his "confession" was only that he bought quaaludes to use consensually with women.

To my knowledge, he never confessed to raping anyone.

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s guilty as hell, but I believe in the eyes of the law, he is considered "innocent".

Honestly, I never thought the conviction would stand. 
Too much time, too many unreliable claims, too much selective crafting of the narrative, too zealous of a prosecution.  
AKA  #MeTooTooTooTooMuch.

Edited by nycman

He testified under a grant of immunity. The testimony should never have been allowed as evidence once given under that pretext. The rules were egregiously ignored due to the Me Too climate. The prosecution reasonably concluded that it was the best way for the victim to win a civil judgement. That isn't justifying Cosby's behavior. The rules can't change mid-game.

On 7/3/2021 at 9:30 AM, Snbrd said:

He testified under a grant of immunity. The testimony should never have been allowed as evidence once given under that pretext. The rules were egregiously ignored due to the Me Too climate. The prosecution reasonably concluded that it was the best way for the victim to win a civil judgement. That isn't justifying Cosby's behavior. The rules can't change mid-game.

That may have been the pretext but none of what the prosecutor said could possibly be true.  The other two prosecutors testified that there was no grant of immunity to Mr. Cosby and the lower court and the Superior Court both found that this was not true.  All of what was alleged by Mr. Cosby's lawyers and the one prosecutor is beyond belief.  No criminal prosecutor is going to immerse him or herself in a civil case that is going on at the same time.  Moreover, for sake of argument, if the prosecutor actually did make a promise that Cosby could not be later prosecuted because of testimony he later gave in the civil case no prosecutor worth a grain of salt would have allowed for the case to proceed without putting the agreement to paper.  If he did, he should be disbarred for his neglect to do something so basic.  Somebody besides Mr. Cosby was a promised something out of the whole deal.  As they say, follow the money.

After all is said and done, I just found Crosby to be a sleezebag. What is portrayed by Hollywood is just a mirage. There are good guys and bad guys in the entertainment biz and he was one of the latter. 

I don't think he will be missed when he dies His legacy is too tarnished. 

He reminds me of Fatty Arbuckle. You might need to look that up. Lol.