Massage Exchanges?

Kody S
This topic is 934 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey! Have any of you developed relationships with any masseurs who offer massage exchanges: they massage you and then you return the favor? The reason I'm asking is that I am somewhat of an amateur masseur having picked up lots of techniques through the years and I've been told I'm quite good (I know, hasn't everybody been told this? Lol) ....but... I would like more practice to try out my skills. I have a table and I enjoy both giving and receiving, connecting through touch with others, healing, etc. I suppose the logical thing to do is ask but I don't want to be weird about it or seem like I'm taking advantage. I'm not doing this for the money but for the experience and the skill. Also I'm assuming that if the masseur was open to this I would still pay them for their time.

I also realize there are guys out there who have no skills at all (we have all had a few of those) and still advertise for money and get it! I think this site does a good job at helping to identify skill levels. Also I realize that there are various state regulations about what constitutes massage hence advertising as "body rubs" etc.

Any thoughts you have are appreciated.

Thanks!

Kody

A few thoughts, @Kody S :

1) You sound like a really sweet guy who is genuinely wanting to just practice their massage skills on a masseur. Most gay masseurs that provide services are into the massage....but also into the erotic part with HE, etc. And as we all know this is a looks based gay massage business. So asking a gay masseur if you can massage them will probably sound like you are hitting on them in a lecherous way, no matter how sincere you explain to them about just wanting to hone your massage skills. I am sure they get clients all the time wanting to massage them, with sexual intentions. Even if you pay them for their time, there may be some sexual tension, and most will probably refuse. With that being said, it does not hurt to ask...the worst they can say is no.

2) Mu suggestion is to Google "gay massage exchange websites". See what is out there. I am sure there are a few sites that offer what you are looking for. (for free) Another idea is to post an ad on Craigslist under "Men Seeking Men" and explain in your ad just what you said in your post....you want to exchange massages to hone your skills, where you can hook up with someone else who is in the same situation as you are. ( also free)

Good luck and maybe you will become a full time masseur...let us know how it goes! :)

Yes.

But patience, trust and flexibility in scheduling is important.

If you’re a regular, and developed a level of trust, your masseur might open to massage exchange. Maybe even teach you some techniques.

But keep it professional. Discuss parameters. You should still expect to pay for his time. After all he might have turned down other appointments to schedule with you. However, the extra time you spend working on him might be negotiable at a favorable rate. A 1.5hr session works well (about 50-60min for you and then 30-40min for him). It can help if you’re willing to be very flexible with your schedule.

Also, in Vegas it’s not uncommon to see massage exchange ads on Craigslist. Sometimes also posted under Strictly Platonic > M4M. Be suspicious. Following due diligence is imperative.

• 4 years later...