Have you ever met any celebrities?

Shiloh
This topic is 1174 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've been fortunate enough to have met several of my favorite celebs over the years. Most of them have either been at concerts or conventions. They have all been super nice as well!

Here's my list:

Mariah Carey (3 separate times)

Linda Hamilton (Beauty & the Beast, The Terminator films, Dante's Peak)

Eliza Dushku (Buffy, Angel, Tru Calling, Dollhouse, Wrong Turn, Bring It On)

No, she's actually super sweet and appreciative towards her fans. The diva thing is just for the cameras. In Feb when I went to Vegas, she personally serenaded my friend and I, during the concert. And she didn't have to make a special trip in the audience for us, that's for sure. I'm friends with one of her backup singers on Facebook, that's how Mariah got word of my attendence, but even still she could've said "No."

Edited by Shiloh

I saw Carrie Fisher once, and met the twins from Harry Potter, George Takei, and Jason Momoa...

LOL! Watch those commas, please (although the one after Takei makes your meaning clear, I missed it on first reading.) The most unlikely Potter twins = George Takei and Jason Momoa! Ha, HA! Yeah, sometimes my funnybone takes me strange places!

TruHart1 :cool:

Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman, she was on our Board of Directors and donated a lot to the environment.

Al Gore, Newt Gingrich, Trent Lot, Tom Foley, John McCain, Harry Reid, all these were green room situations backstage at events.

Chris Mathews, absolute jackass. And a slob.

George Stephanopoulos. Even better looking in person.

The Dalai Lama, again backstage at the Palace hotel in San Francisco. Right time, right place and an inside contact. While in his presence an incredible sense of tranquility overcame my being. I've never experienced such a powerfully spiritual moment in my life before or since.

Edited by ArVaGuy

Back in the 70's I worked in a 5 star very exclusive hotel so I've met many: 1) Paul Newman 2) Steve McQueen 3) Julia Child 4) Mick Jagger 5) Warren Beatty, etc. etc. etc.

SORRY to all today's hipsters who may disagree, BUT I firmly believe if you google the word "cool" the FIRST thing to pop up should be a pic of Steve McQueen :rolleyes::rolleyes:

*I also sat in an enclosed courtyard at a studio in LA visiting a friend about 8 yrs ago n while waiting two guys entered from a door one kind of short and bow-legged and one an elderly white-haired man with some stenosis (sic) which was obvs by how he walked. Twas only later when they got up and walked back in that I saw it was Sean Penn and Warren Beatty.

Matt Damon at Spago's in Beverly Hill a few years ago. Right after my order arrived and I began to eat someone taped me on the shoulder. When I turn it was Damon. He asked if the short ribs I was eating were good. I said outstanding, we then exchanged a few pleasantries before he turned back to order the short ribs from his server. He came across as one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet. A very positive experience.

I saw Carrie Fisher once, and met the twins from Harry Potter, George Takei, and Jason Momoa.

I never realized George Takei and Jason Momoa played the twins from Harry Potter. :p

Sorry I couldn't resist. This is one of those cases where even using the Oxford Comma (which I'm a proponent of) the meaning isn't exactly made clear.

Gman

PS I also hadn't seen @TruHart1's comment when I wrote this.

Edited by Gar1eth

Well if you are going to consider politicians celebrities then I met and came to know all of the original Kennedy family. I quit school in the fall of 1960 and went to work for the JFK campaign in the West Lake District of Los Angeles. Teddy Kennedy arrived, in the late spring, to lead the Western United Sates campaign. He was just a kid and was very inexperienced and not very good at that time. During the 1960 Democratic Convention, here in Los Angeles, I worked as a personal assistant to Robert Kennedy. All of the Kennedy sister were in and out of the office so I got to know all of them quite well. My favorite of all was Robert's wife Ethel. She was totally down to earth and great fun.

I met JFK several times at the convention hotel, the Biltmore, in downtown, at various cocktail parties, and a special party, after his nomination, for a small group of campaign workers. There he signed, one of my most prized possessions, a copy of "Profiles in Courage".

I'll have to think to see if I know any others. But do soap opera stars count? I met Terri Eoff. She played Suzi Wyatt on Search For Tomorrow, Pilar on All My Kids, and was one of the adult hosts on The New Mickey Mouse Club until its last season. She was also Miss Texas in 1980 (in the more scholarly Miss America Pageant not the Miss USA). And she's done lots of commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI6x71ww7dA

Gman

Growing up in and around Hollywood, BH, WEHO, Studio City and Burbank, I've seen and met countless "celebrities" over the years. Personally I have zero interest in meeting or seeing someone that would be considered a "celebrity"...I have seen or heard all the stories, most of the so called celebrities, (not all) are as fucked up as the rest of us. :D Jay Leno being one of the exceptions...

Edited by bigvalboy

I've been fortunate enough to have met several of my favorite celebs over the years. Most of them have either been at concerts or conventions. They have all been super nice as well!

Here's my list:

Mariah Carey (3 separate times)

Linda Hamilton (Beauty & the Beast, The Terminator films, Dante's Peak)

Eliza Dushku (Buffy, Angel, Tru Calling, Dollhouse, Wrong Turn, Bring It On)

Shiloh, I luv Eliza Dushku! She gives me a hardon for some reason. So does Nina Dobrev from Vampire Diaries. She is a sweetie too. Thought you'd get a kick out of reading this thread. Smooch. - TR