"Justice league"

marylander1940
This topic is 1128 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

being a huge comic nerd I am looking forward to this but lately DC movies have not been faring as well review wise as Marvel Comic based movies. (I have not seen Batman vs Superman nor have I see some of the latest Marvel comic based movies either). Do not like the look they gave Aquaman but I can look past that if the film is good.

DC movies just don't seem as well done as the Marvel movies in every respect. Sad because I was a DC reader growing up, and absolutely loved Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, but they've all been bad since then. Don't know what it is but Marvel found the touch and has retained it.

being a huge comic nerd I am looking forward to this but lately DC movies have not been faring as well review wise as Marvel Comic based movies. (I have not seen Batman vs Superman nor have I see some of the latest Marvel comic based movies either). Do not like the look they gave Aquaman but I can look past that if the film is good.

Many of the DC parodies over the past few years (Robot Chicken, etc.) have made Aquaman out to be a useless, mocked character. I think that the casual viewers may know that rep better than the stories in the comics. It seems as if the Justice League creators felt that they had to cast Aquaman as dark, mean, and they had to leave no doubt that he is formidable. I'd prefer that they cast closer to the books, but Chris Hemsworth is busy, and I'll settle for Jason Mamoa if he's frequently shirtless.

• 4 years later...

Many of the DC parodies over the past few years (Robot Chicken, etc.) have made Aquaman out to be a useless, mocked character. I think that the casual viewers may know that rep better than the stories in the comics. It seems as if the Justice League creators felt that they had to cast Aquaman as dark, mean, and they had to leave no doubt that he is formidable. I'd prefer that they cast closer to the books, but Chris Hemsworth is busy, and I'll settle for Jason Mamoa if he's frequently shirtless.

I'll take Mimosa, Hemsworth (any of them), and especially Chris Evans. mmmm