Bangkok ???

traveling
This topic is 3002 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

AdamSmith and Keith, in my opinion, are all wet with their advice. Trav05 and Despardo have hit it on the head with Tawan bar being THE place to find nice bodies. The gaythialand site is on life support and you will only find advice on emaciated twinks. For you physical safety keep away from Phuket which can be a really dangerous place.

Bangkok is a city of incredible bargains--from gorgeous silks and other handmade products, food, rubies, sapphires, tailor made clothing and men. A shoppers paradise! Wages there are really LOW, so a few dollars will go a long way.

Be very, very cautious about any purchases of either silk or gems. You are most likely to get fakes. When they say Thai silk, run the other way.

Be very, very cautious about any purchases of either silk or gems. You are most likely to get fakes. When they say Thai silk, run the other way.

I would agree..never ever purchase silks or gems, and I would add to that, silver, on your own. If you can, take along a trusted Thai friend, or Expat that is living there. You'll get the real deal + most likely a better price.

I had no problem with silks, nor heard of anyone getting fakes. I paid a bit more for what I bought from a highly reputable upscale showroom, not off the street, and still got great bargains. Almost anything you purchase will be hand made, the reason being that labor is cheaper than the investment required to purchase machinery. There are shops in the Muslim quarter of Bankok where you can see the silk being woven by hand. I watched a woman hammer weld the Buddhist alms bowl I purchased in Ban Baat.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived