Seeing the world a bit differently

purplekow
This topic is 3040 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I learned a valuable lesson today.

Last night I was doing a crossword puzzle in bed and I fell asleep and I awoke with my glasses on and a bit of a facial burn from the spot lamp I was using to light up the puzzle. I put down the puzzle on my nightstand and put my glasses on the puzzle as I closed the light. Just before I fell asleep, I heard the glasses thump to the ground. I got up this morning and got the glasses from under the bed and went about my day. I was having a little more trouble reading and found myself scanning along the transitional lenses to really get a good focus. After a whole day of this, I called Lenscrafters to make an appointment to have my eyes checked. When I got there, I explained what happened. I was confused as to why my vision was so poor and why the sudden alteration.

The clerk asked me one embarrassing question, and I left. The question he asked was: Do your glasses usually have two lenses? That is when I realized I had been looking through a one lensed pair of glasses.

I came home, found the other lens and got it back in the glasses.

Valuable lesson: If you are a wearer of glasses, please check that both lenses are there each time you put them on.

Hi PK,

I'm not a wearer of glasses, but my brother wears glasses and he's had some strange issues happen to him with glasses before, so can relate to what your saying(not by me) being familiar by a siblings adventure with reading eye wear.

Sorry that happened to you, but glad your eye wear problem got resolved. :).

Almost as good as the contact wearer who puts the lens in the wrong eyes.

They used to put a dot on the margin of one of them so you could tell them apart. I haven't worn contacts in a long time. They just seemed way too much trouble for the amount of gratification.

I have a friend who had radial keratotomy in the early 90's and it went completely wrong. He sued his doctor and got a substantial settlement after several years of fighting. The settlement was enough to allow him to do another graduate program and establish himself in a new profession. It took years, but the vision problems from the RK procedure finally corrected themselves.

I always forget that I need to clean my glasses once in a while so I can see. I'm sure my dirty glasses don't make for a good first impression when I meet people. I really need to remember to do it daily.

DAILY?! I have to do it every couple of hours and for the life of me I cannot figure out how they get dirty so often.

I learned a valuable lesson today.

Last night I was doing a crossword puzzle in bed and I fell asleep and I awoke with my glasses on and a bit of a facial burn from the spot lamp I was using to light up the puzzle. I put down the puzzle on my nightstand and put my glasses on the puzzle as I closed the light. Just before I fell asleep, I heard the glasses thump to the ground. I got up this morning and got the glasses from under the bed and went about my day. I was having a little more trouble reading and found myself scanning along the transitional lenses to really get a good focus. After a whole day of this, I called Lenscrafters to make an appointment to have my eyes checked. When I got there, I explained what happened. I was confused as to why my vision was so poor and why the sudden alteration.

The clerk asked me one embarrassing question, and I left. The question he asked was: Do your glasses usually have two lenses? That is when I realized I had been looking through a one lensed pair of glasses.

I came home, found the other lens and got it back in the glasses.

Valuable lesson: If you are a wearer of glasses, please check that both lenses are there each time you put them on.

LOL~

I spend a lot of time on my phone, texting aid emailing, doing medical research etc~

I do that frequently with my contacts pulled to the side of my eyes so that I can see the screen easily/clearly~

Other times, I do all of that without my contacts in at all~ It's during those times that I eventually stop working on my phone and start doing chores or jump in my car to run errands... I find myself bumping into things, walking into things, dropping stuff and suddenly realize "I can't see a damn thing"... Because I don't have my contacts in~

Tyger~

tygerkink@yahoo.com

http://www.daddysreviews.com/venue/usa/oregon/tyger_portland

http://rentmen.com/AAATygerscentXXX

http://m.men4rentnow.com/profile.cfm?CID=114061

I have a friend who had radial keratotomy in the early 90's and it went completely wrong. He sued his doctor and got a substantial settlement after several years of fighting. The settlement was enough to allow him to do another graduate program and establish himself in a new profession. It took years, but the vision problems from the RK procedure finally corrected themselves.

I had the whole alphabet soup done. lasik, alk, ak, rk, prk.. and you know.. Id do it all again. It was so worth the pain and recovery to not have to wear glasses again, and contacts that would fly across the room if you blinked wrong (hard contacts:P) and soft contacts that would mysteriously vanish or roll up into a tiny package and vanish... I swear one is lodged somewhere behind the eyeball:P

I was terribly nearsighted since childhood. After wearing contacts for some 20 years, I had radial keratotomy when my eyes became intolerant to them, around 1991 (pre-laser times, mind you). Nearsightedness was corrected and, for the first time in my life, I could finally see without any vision aid. Never had any subsequent problem and now, 24 years later, I still do not need glasses for far vision, although I have rently started to wear reading glasses (damn age...). It has been great: RK is certainly the best thing I ever did for my eyesight.

I always forget that I need to clean my glasses once in a while so I can see. I'm sure my dirty glasses don't make for a good first impression when I meet people. I really need to remember to do it daily.

I had a friend who was a classic absent-minded professor - brilliant mathematician and totally unable to attend to life's little chores, like cleaning her classes. They really were a fright. I had another friend who was a hairdresser, to whom the mathematician went to get her hair done. The first thing he did when she came into the salon was clean her glasses for her.

Archived