What do you guys think of men with long hair?

KurtBuns
This topic is 3058 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He would be great for someone who goes for androgynes.

Other than his hair, he's not particularly androgynous-looking. Cut his hair and he has a well-defined, non-pointy jaw and no cheekbones.

Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Dancy (voted "prettiest boy" and "prettiest girl at Oxford), Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock, and a whole slew of Korean and Japanese pop stars and actors are androgynous-looking. Tyler Bad Wolf, not so much.

Whether he's "femme" (whatever that means) is another matter. Or is androgyne gay slang I'm not aware of?

Gman and FreshFluff: policing gender norms at the M-F since 2009.:D

IAdmittedly, while the way I look and dress is female/feminine, I don't act in a stereotypically female way. I don't simper, flirt, or act seductive. (The last two might happen in a mild way with someone I know and am interested in.) So you may be referencing something I'm unfamiliar with.

Only a few of these behaviors come factory-equipped in us ladies. The rest must be learned, either in childhood or, with more difficulty, in adulthood.

Other than his hair, he's not particularly androgynous-looking. Cut his hair and he has a well-defined, non-pointy jaw and no cheekbones.

The arched brows give him an androgynous look.

What would be the next length after crew cut? Or take a crew cut and let it rest for 4-6 weeks.

I find the curls on ancient Roman busts to be extremely hot.

A big ol' dude FB had pretty short hair. He said he liked having someone else's fingers run through it, and would clobber anyone who tried, but let me do it. I was in heaven.

I had hair just past my shoulders for several years in my early 20s. However I realized that 9 days out of 10 I was just pulling it into a ponytail, so it kind of seemed pointless so I had it cut. I must say I got a lot more attention once it was gone, so either long hair looks bad on me or most gays, in Minnesota anyway, prefer short hair. But long hair looks good on others (as does short hair, full hair, and no hair).

Gman and FreshFluff: policing gender norms at the M-F since 2009.

Only a few of these behaviors come factory-equipped in us ladies. The rest must be learned, either in childhood or, with more difficulty, in adulthood.

The arched brows give him an androgynous look.

QTR: fighting gender norms on the M-F since 2014. :)

I take what I like and works for me and ignore the rest. The only place I shave is under my arms. I buy flats because anything else makes my feet hurt. I can't walk in stilettos anyway.

What I don't like of gender norms I don't want as a gift, although I do wish I could wear lipstick. The way my lips are shaped, it always winds up on my teeth. Between that and having to slather a shitton of eye shadow for it be seen over my monolids, wearing makeup is kinda pointless except for functions like weddings and galas.

I hadn't noticed the brows. You're right, those are androgynous-looking.

If you are really asking, it's a 'flirty' move that supposedly shows interest in a guy. They do it in movies/TV/plays and describe it in books. I think it's usually a bang or lock of hair hanging down on their forehead. Or it could be with tresses around their shoulder.

There's a very small hair flip-minimal at about 1:31 in this video. Usually they are more obvious than this. I could find some other examples if you don't like this one.

Gman

Thanks, Gman! Rita Hayworth in my mind is the most beautiful woman ever! I am just mesmerized by her ... waistline. And just about everything else :)

QTR: fighting gender norms on the M-F since 2014. :)

You can't fight the police, lady. You and your band of partisans had better come out of the hummus joint with your hands up. Otherwise, we'll have to call in the gender norms SWAT team.

http://cdn.puckermob.com/articlesites/puckermob/large/8791_tall.jpg

295748ff1eb3d68acdfebdb7dd38df4a.jpg

Archived