Male models don't..... :)

friendofsheila

I've known many waiter/models, actor/models and model wannabes. I've known one real model - the real thing - he was a runway model for Armani in the early 90's, lived in Milan, traveled the world. It always puzzled me how he became a model. He was a nice-looking guy, for sure, but not the kind of nice-looking one usually associates with models of international stature. He was a redhead, maybe that had something to do with it.

Edited by Rudynate

I also knew one real model. He didn't have a killer body, or an impossibly handsome face, but was also

very good-looking and athletic and apparently looked really, really, REALLY good in expensive suits

for the top european designers.

He told me a dropped out of that line of work and became an office manager for a legal firm in SF, because

being a model was too nerve-wracking for him - always being nervous about other guys being more

handsome, better built , etc ...

He was a totally sweet, down-to-earth guy-next door. Sadly, I think the plague claimed him in the early 90's.

I also knew one real model. He didn't have a killer body, or an impossibly handsome face, but was also

very good-looking and athletic and apparently looked really, really, REALLY good in expensive suits

for the top european designers.

He told me a dropped out of that line of work and became an office manager for a legal firm in SF, because

being a model was too nerve-wracking for him - always being nervous about other guys being more

handsome, better built , etc ...

He was a totally sweet, down-to-earth guy-next door. Sadly, I think the plague claimed him in the early 90's.

The guy I knew wisely realized that he had a shelf life as a model, left modeling, got an MBA. The last time I talked to him, he was happily working away as a product manager in Silicon Valley.

• 2 weeks later...