Barcelona - Sauna Thermas - It only got better!

imrthr

just bringing this back to the top (last post was over a year ago here and I have read the other threads with more recent posts) to see if anybody has visited recently and has comments/cautions/hints for Sauna Thermas.......I've been to the saunas in RJ, Brazil, but not in Barcelona.....

thanks for your replies

I went in July this past summer. I've gone the last 3 years. I can't get enough of it. Saturday afternoon after 4 pm is the best time to go. Lots of hot studs. If you have specific questions, just PM me.

I was just back at Thermas in late August. Had a blast on Sunday late afternoon and again on Monday late afternoon.

There were clearly more working guys on Sunday. This place really can't be beat. It was also the first time I rented a private room, which I will do again in the future. They are nicer, have a clean sheet on the bed, and are bigger.... just makes things easier and they were reasonably priced.

• 4 months later...
I was just back at Thermas in late August. Had a blast on Sunday late afternoon and again on Monday late afternoon.

There were clearly more working guys on Sunday. This place really can't be beat. It was also the first time I rented a private room, which I will do again in the future. They are nicer, have a clean sheet on the bed, and are bigger.... just makes things easier and they were reasonably priced.

Tks for all the info.

I will be there soon. Looking for good top. What is the cost for the service? Do they have a price range? And how much euro cash you should carry with u.

Tks for all the info.

I will be there soon. Looking for good top. What is the cost for the service? Do they have a price range? And how much euro cash you should carry with u.

Hi Mike :) I posted my review upon my return last month (January 2018). It is on the other site: https://www.boytoy.com/forums/topic/24877-sauna-thermas-barcelona-was-amazing-tonight/?page=3

The cost is about 50-60 euros. Massage is about 30 euros. I carried about 200 euros with me, in case i wanted to play with more than 1 guy. I carried minimal things with me - just a cellphone, and one bank card. The rest was in the hotel safe. You will definitely have a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Edited by cany10011

Hi Mike :) I posted my review upon my return last month (January 2018). It is on the other site: https://www.boytoy.com/forums/topic/24877-sauna-thermas-barcelona-was-amazing-tonight/?page=3

The cost is about 50-60 euros. Massage is about 30 euros. I carried about 200 euros with me, in case i wanted to play with more than 1 guy. I carried minimal things with me - just a cellphone, and one bank card. The rest was in the hotel safe. You will definitely have a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Tks. I will read it.

I posted photos of Gabriel and Lucas the Brazilians who are at Thermas almost every day on Boytoy. Both are nice guys and the others enjoy 3-somes with them. Hopefully Lucas's new boyfriend Jose goes now too. Wow.

The E50 is for a half-hour of sex in a cubicle. I got a hotel a block away and had some over for E100 for an hour in a nice bed etc. before work.

At Thermas I would strongly recommend getting deluxe Room #1 for E10 for each hour you use it. Adds E10 but it's a 9x12 room with functioning air conditioning, a full-size bed and video. Usually available.

The Thermas MO is basically walking a gauntlet of Romanian bodybuilder tops with big boners poking out of their towels and into you as you walk down the hall. My favorites are the other eastern European guys who secretly bottom.

I guess I didn't post my comments after my first visit to Thermas last November......

dropped in late afternoon one weekday.....would've preferred to wear my casual street clothes inside (more comfortable), but I did get used to the towel......

clean and spacious, but lots of hallways, stairs amid the three (or is it four?!) floors....got lost at times wandering around.....

not the bargain Rio is, but not as expensive as the States (actually, nothing like this in the US!)......met working-guy Akmed(sp?), an Egyptian, who spoke great English (lived in the US for a bit, he said) and sorta held my hand during this first visit....he was mentioned before in some discussion somewhere.....we joked about Akmed The Terrorist (ventriloquist Jeff Dunham) and how Americans always pronounce Akmed with too much of a guttural throat!......told him what I like and he arranged to do a full-on show with, I believe, Brazilian Lucas (may have the name wrong) after I checked him (Lucas) out across from the bar while we talked....scorching hot!!......in fact, so hot in the private room we all had to go shower halfway thru the "programa"!

one eager dude was a bit pushy and not quite my type, but it's business!

friendly bartender.....all very easy and casual......masculine working guys, mostly......just don't get lost in there!

Edited by azdr0710

• 3 months later...

How 's the selection of (muscular) latino bottoms there? From reading on the forums I get the impression it's harder to find guys that bottom? How do you check by the way, do you just ask? I'm thinking of going to Barcelona and have Thermas Sauna be on my bucket list.

I've never been to a sauna before, so any advice would be nice, thanks!

How 's the selection of (muscular) latino bottoms there? From reading on the forums I get the impression it's harder to find guys that bottom? How do you check by the way, do you just ask? I'm thinking of going to Barcelona and have Thermas Sauna be on my bucket list.

Lucas and Gabriel are the Brazilian muscle bottoms. There every day. Both great looking.

• 3 weeks later...
I guess I didn't post my comments after my first visit to Thermas last November......

dropped in late afternoon one weekday.....would've preferred to wear my casual street clothes inside (more comfortable), but I did get used to the towel......

clean and spacious, but lots of hallways, stairs amid the three (or is it four?!) floors....got lost at times wandering around.....

not the bargain Rio is, but not as expensive as the States (actually, nothing like this in the US!)......met working-guy Akmed(sp?), an Egyptian, who spoke great English (lived in the US for a bit, he said) and sorta held my hand during this first visit....he was mentioned before in some discussion somewhere.....we joked about Akmed The Terrorist (ventriloquist Jeff Dunham) and how Americans always pronounce Akmed with too much of a guttural throat!......told him what I like and he arranged to do a full-on show with, I believe, Brazilian Lucas (may have the name wrong) after I checked him (Lucas) out across from the bar while we talked....scorching hot!!......in fact, so hot in the private room we all had to go shower halfway thru the "programa"!

one eager dude was a bit pushy and not quite my type, but it's business!

friendly bartender.....all very easy and casual......masculine working guys, mostly......just don't get lost in there!

I've been with the Egyptian guy a couple times, he is a sweet heart. But he does like to charge more by saying "I'm worth more but I'm not going to tell you how much, it's for you to decide." I find him a little gamey, but still enjoy my time with him as he makes you feel like you are the only person in the building. I also love Leo there, he is a big Brasilian body builder... he is a personal trainer at his other job, but I've had sex with him every time I go there. I'm headed there this weekend and can't wait to see him.

• 4 weeks later...

I was 11 days in Barcelona in June and paid a number of visits to Thermas. This was my second time in Barcelona the first 4 years ago. As I reported earlier in this thread I did not share the enthusiasm of others for Thermas. I would to draw a distinction between the venue itself and the boys. I still do not like the layout of the place and on this visit I found it quite dirty, particularly the toilets, on one visit disgustingly so. The first level below the entrance constantly reeked of cigarette smoke. The boys were another matter. There is no denying the quality particularly on a Saturday afternoon but I would still argue not to the standard of the major Brazilian saunas. I’m off to São Paulo in October for my favourite rent boy sauna, Lagoa and I can’t wait.

Thanks for all the useful info, imrthr. Are there any good hotels near the sauna?

Two Hotel by Axel is a gay hotel two blocks from Thermas. The boys all know it well. The main Axel gay hotel has been famous in Barcelona for years. It's very nice and very busy with 100% gay clients, although it has a sign outside "Heterosexual Friendly". Very reasonable. For the price I think next time I will choose the more luxurious and trendy Chi Hotel directly on Gran Via and directly behind Thermas. But Two by Axel is fine even though the interiors are weird with no wall between the bathroom and bed so someone on the bed can see someone in the glass shower. Intentional I think.

Both the Chi and the Two have fancy rooftop pools but only the Two is gay.

View from bathroom at the adult (gay) only Two by Axel.

51218549.jpg

51218560.jpg 51666890.jpg 74624990.jpg

Given the guys who work there are all freelance, you'd have to negotiate with the individual who excites you the most.

The negotiation will depend largely on your looks, personality, sexual needs and Spanish language skills. Given that a guy may earn €50-80 in a session in the sauna, I guess an offer of dinner+€300-400 would be acceptable.

I had two of the top guys at Thermas (Lucas and Gabriel) come to my hotel a couple blocks away on different days and it was 100E for a session. The rate at Thermas for a session is 50E and if a nicer hotel is almost next door 100E is a good deal for a guy. Now calling in someone from RentMen or Hunqz who has to travel is 150E or more.

Two Hotel by Axel is a gay hotel two blocks from Thermas. The boys all know it well. The main Axel gay hotel has been famous in Barcelona for years. It's very nice and very busy with 100% gay clients, although it has a sign outside "Heterosexual Friendly". Very reasonable. For the price I think next time I will choose the more luxurious and trendy Chi Hotel directly on Gran Via and directly behind Thermas. But Two by Axel is fine even though the interiors are weird with no wall between the bathroom and bed so someone on the bed can see someone in the glass shower. Intentional I think.

51218549.jpg

Oooh, I'll be in Barcelona next week. But I booked an AirBnB so can't host... (It's a room in an apartment where the owner lives too). Next time I'm booking a hotel. :)

Thanks for the tips!

51218549.jpg

Great photos!

Can I assume that all the guys fuck with condoms? I don't bareback so wanted to check if it's something I need to explicitely say.

Well, that hasn't been my experience. The Egyptian guy that people have talked bout on this threat, penetrated me without a condom even though he had some in his hand and Brought them to the room with him. Typically the guys I have had sex with say they always use condoms because that is a main source of income and they don't want to be sidelined with a STD.

Gabriel from Brazil is probably the best-looking guy there most days and he's a fantastic bottom Tall and muscular and he enjoys 3-somes too. super nice guy and friend.He's there now. Lucas, also from Brazil, with "blondish" hair is also decent as a bottom. A model he a little over-confident and I don't think he's at Thermas this week. I think Lucas is getting over a breakup with his bf. I'd be devastated losing that one too !

The rate at Thermas is E50 for 25 minutes or so. I would strongly suggest paying the extra E10 for room #1 for an hour. Air conditioning, full bed, video, large room. Otherwise you're banging in a free cabin the size of a changing room with no air. If you pay Uber you can get Gab to your hotel room for E100. Just tell him his US friend from DC referred you. If Lucas can be had Gab can get him for you. If Lucas's ex-BF can be had I'll be on the next flight.

At the risk of the site insult queens piling on, be wary of the guys from Romania. Gab or some of the nicer guys will tell you who's ok. There's a cute blond Polish kid who sleeps at Thermas usually. He'll oversell what he does but great oral. There's an attractive guy from Bulgaria who dresses nice and is a terrific bottom. Also a cute little short Spanish (!) guy who loves bottoming. Probably only Spaniard there.

If you want to treat a guy or yourself take the train out to Sitges. Rich largely gay resort 30 minutes out.

Gabriel

FB_IMG_1518216252051.thumb.jpg.29534d9123c0066945bd11daae4765c8.jpg

Lucas and Ex-BF

lucas.jpg.4f2e5bc5d260641c9c5df4a345fc78b1.jpg

Edited by tassojunior

Gabriel from Brazil is probably the best-looking guy there most days and he's a fantastic bottom Tall and muscular and he enjoys 3-somes too. super nice guy and friend.He's there now. Lucas, also from Brazil, with "blondish" hair is also decent as a bottom. A model he a little over-confident and I don't think he's at Thermas this week. I think Lucas is getting over a breakup with his bf. I'd be devastated losing that one too !

The rate at Thermas is E50 for 25 minutes or so. I would strongly suggest paying the extra E10 for room #1 for an hour. Air conditioning, full bed, video, large room. Otherwise you're banging in a free cabin the size of a changing room with no air. If you pay Uber you can get Gab to your hotel room for E100. Just tell him his US friend from DC referred you. If Lucas can be had Gab can get him for you.

At the risk of the site insult queens piling on, be wary of the guys from Romania. Gab or some of the nicer guys will tell you who's ok. There's a cute blond Polish kid who sleeps at Thermas usually. He'll oversell what he does but great oral only.

Gabriel

FB_IMG_1518216252051.thumb.jpg.29534d9123c0066945bd11daae4765c8.jpg

Lucas and Ex-BF

lucas.jpg.4f2e5bc5d260641c9c5df4a345fc78b1.jpg

Awesome, thanks so much! Gabriel looks super hot.

I'll be there from tomorrow till Sunday. :D