What happens WHEN you use fake pics online?

marylander1940
This topic is 3492 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I meant to say: "What happens when use fake pics online? But I've been told I use the ! sign too much and I won't bother deej and ask him to correct it...

Increasingly the appeal of online dating has become mainstream. However, the fear of the unknown when meeting a complete stranger from the Internet remains. A social media experiment that plays on those fears, especially your date lying about his or her identity, has gone viral and caused an uproar.

The prank group Simple Pickup, known for sending actors out to use outlandish pickup lines on strangers, stooped a little lower in its newest video posted to YouTube this week.This time, the group set up a Tinder account for an attractive woman named Sarah. Her pictures were quickly liked by a number of men on the dating website, where swiping to the right on a profile picture demonstrates interest. After agreeing to meet up, she and her suitors set up a date on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles, a city where looks reign supreme.

[video=youtube;2alnVIj1Jf8]

Quite interesting but not surprising. I do think a few women will look beyond the physical, or maybe those few are just desperate for a relationship, even if the guy used fake/old pix. I've a feeling if this scenario was played out with gay guys, they'd run away even faster than the straight guys did!!!

TruHart1 :cool:

I meant to say: "What happens when use fake pics online? But I've been told I use the ! sign too much and I won't bother deej and ask him to correct it...

Leave me out of this, jackass. You were told that BY DADDY.

And he did say PLEASE when he suggested you proofread your posts rather than using us as your secretarial pool.

Quite interesting but not surprising. I do think a few women will look beyond the physical, or maybe those few are just desperate for a relationship, even if the guy used fake/old pix. I've a feeling if this scenario was played out with gay guys, they'd run away even faster than the straight guys did!!!

I was surprised that women had a different, more human approach than most men in the video.

I also wish there was a gay version. I can vividly picture one guy "running away". ;)

Fortunately, not all of us will have the same reaction.

I wasn't all that surprised at the results, either. This is both good and bad. It's good that women don't rely solely on looks; on the other hand, this also underlines the importance heterosexual women are taught to place on having relationships with men at all costs as well as how women are socialized to be nice whereas men aren't. To the extent this means that the women act more human and humane, it's a good thing; to the extent this is due to women suppressing their true feelings to put on a veneer of politeness, it's a bad thing. I did not, however, sense that any of the women in the videos stayed because they were desperate for dates. They just seemed more tolerant and willing to hear the guy out than the men were with respect to the woman.

I would have had less trouble if the men had admitted a disinterest in dating a woman who is fat or didn't look like her photos as long as they weren't rude or vicious about it. I realize that's a tall order, but it's possible. However, one thing this shows is that the baseline considerations men have for dates with women are often superficial and connected with appearance, sexiness, and -- dare I say it -- that magic term, fuckability -- rather than personality, integrity, and other more intangible considerations. I don't think it's all that different with men seeking to date/sleep with men, either; feel free to prove me wrong. This is why I want to replace current models of interaction between men and women with ones based on genuineness and respect, not games and assumptions.

TruHart1 :cool:

Right on! That's a sign of how desperate women are in big cities, specially now that gay men are out of the closet. Some people even call women under 35 the doormat generation.

For an average looking straight guy like is a college dormitory, 40 is the new 30.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eb0t1Id-TqM/UnNi7IZMjhI/AAAAAAAAN5I/aA1jw8TK5SA/s1600/tumblr_m9p2yoer4v1rok42b.gif

http://static.oprah.com/images/o2/201305-omag-shoes-doormat-949x534.jpg

For me, the more important issue is the lying. One could conclude that the guys were superficial about looks, or conclude that they won't tolerate being lied to. I personally won't tolerate people who lie to me. If someone made me come out and waste my time because of their lies, social experiment, or whatever, I'm not sure I would have been as polite as those guys.

For me, the more important issue is the lying. One could conclude that the guys were superficial about looks, or conclude that they won't tolerate being lied to. I personally won't tolerate people who lie to me. If someone made me come out and waste my time because of their lies, social experiment, or whatever, I'm not sure I would have been as polite as those guys.

I agree with you but I can't understand why some of the girls not only went on with the date, but even try to genuinely give him a chance. Was it out of desperation or simply because he was better than nothing? We'll never know but one way or the other only one guy remained with the obese girl. and most of the women sat down and continued with the date.

A morbidly obese guy like him who would be a pariah in the gay community, yet among straight women in a big city full of gay men and with easier than ever sex for a straight guy, he wouldn't be the first choice but he'd be someone who can't cheat on you, and might even become a husband.

Archived