Apple's new iOS 8

whipped guy
This topic is 3472 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I never rush to update my devices to new operating systems, but for some inexplicable (brain freeze) reason I updated my iPad mini to iOS 8 the other day. It all seems fine, except for the fact that when I attempt to copy the link (URL) for a given photograph that comes from another website the link is not copied. Instead the picture itself is copied as opposed to the link. This makes it impossible to post pictures and photos here as the link is what is required. In the past with iOS 6 and iOS 7 I was able to do this quite easily. One would click on the photo... Select copy... It could then be posted to your notepad... from where it could be then be cut and subsequently pasted to the appropriate box to be posted here.

I am taking a long shot, but I am wondering if others might be experiencing similar problems. What is frustrating was the fact that I was on the phone with Apple support the other night for hours and it was only before they transferred me to the second person that they knew what I was talking about, and only when I got to the fourth person that they had an iPad that actually had iOS 8 installed on it so as to check things out. I must say that the people at Apple were very patient, but they were unable to solve the issue. They next suggested wiping out the entire iPad... Somehow saving the contents on my computer via iTunes and then reinstalling everything. I told Apple that I was not willing to risk loosing half my life to do!

A subsequent conversation with Apple today revealed that this was an issue about which they had no clue until I brought it to their attention and since then they have tested the operation using 25 different Apple devices using iOS 8. It seems that part of the problem is due to the websites where the pictures are posted.

This also serves as an alert to those in the Fetish Forum who may notice a decrease in my pic postings there as I now need to be on a computer to post pics... or use my old iPhone which has an older version of iOS. This possibly might affect others who routinely post pics here as well.

Incidentally, I was considering upgrading to a different iPhone model. However, until this issue and other potential issues are resolved I will not be doing any upgrades or changing devices for a while... In fact my contact person at Apple, who is also due for an upgrade of her iPhone, advised waiting until all the madness has subsided.

In any event, while I found some of the features in iOS 8 to be aggravating, I was able to figure out how to turn off some of those those features. Still, so far the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

At any rate, never again will I jump to be the first on the band wagon... and this from the person who never did... and even when it came to hiring working guys!

I live in Europe and I visit Gay Romeo on a daily basis from my iPad. Since I upgraded to iOS8, I was unable to log in. The system did not recognize my password, no matter how many times I changed it....I raised the issue with Romeo's tech support and they answered that this is a problem shared by all Safari users with iOS8. They showed me another way to log in and avoid the rejection and said that the issue could not be fixed on their side: Apple has to come up with a solution.....I am sorry I upgraded :( :(

I live in Europe and I visit Gay Romeo on a daily basis from my iPad. Since I upgraded to iOS8, I was unable to log in. The system did not recognize my password, no matter how many times I changed it....I raised the issue with Romeo's tech support and they answered that this is a problem shared by all Safari users with iOS8. They showed me another way to log in and avoid the rejection and said that the issue could not be fixed on their side: Apple has to come up with a solution.....I am sorry I upgraded :( :(
From speaking with Apple websites are going to have to upgrade in order to be compatible with many features of iOS 8. Perhaps Daddy Should take note!!!!

I never rush to update my devices to new operating systems, but for some inexplicable (brain freeze) reason I updated my iPad mini to iOS 8 the other day. It all seems fine, except for the fact that when I attempt to copy the link (URL) for a given photograph that comes from another website the link is

This also serves as an alert to those in the Fetish Forum who may notice a decrease in my pic postings there as I now need to be on a computer to post pics... or use my old iPhone which has an older version of iOS. This possibly might affect others who routinely post pics here as well.

Incidentally, I was considering upgrading to a different iPhone model. However, until this issue and other potential issues are resolved I will not be doing any upgrades or changing devices for a while... In fact my contact person at Apple, who is also due for an upgrade of her iPhone, advised waiting until all the madness has subsided.

At any rate, never again will I jump to be the first on the band wagon... and this from the person who never did... and even when it came to hiring working guys!

Thanks for the heads up WG. I had sort of wondered what had happened, but I assumed it was because you were traveling. I tried posting a couple of pics yesterday, but a virus waring came up again, and the picture went full screen, so I couldn't click on anything. I couldn't even log out. I had to literally unplug the computer, and reboot. Scary stuff, for me at least.

So far the new iphone hasn't seduced me yet. Sprint says that I am due for an upgrade, but just not sure I need the new phone right now.

I access my corporate email, IM system, and some files on my iPhone and iPad using Good. My employer has sent highly detailed instructions with steps to take before upgrading to iOS 8.0.

As much as I like my iPhone, MacBook Air, and iMac (yes, they got me hooked...iPad was the gateway drug) I have to say that almost every iOS upgrade is fraught with problems that, had it been developed by Microsoft, would send people into the streets with tar, feathers, and torches.

Thanks for the heads up, liubit!

I haven't upgraded yet and the information comes handy re: Gay Romeo and iOS 8.

A funny one...

The most recent iOS8 snafu... I was listening to music on my iPad and suddenly a U2 song popped out of nowhere. It seems that when iOS8 was installed you got a free U2 album... and it was impossible to remove it. I called Apple and the very pleasant girl who helped me said and I quote, "Yes! All the people who only listen to opera are calling!" Well anyone who knows me by my postings in the Arts Forum knows that to be quite true!

In any event, there is a fix... and the U2 Songs of Innocence album is available free to anyone until Oct 12 on iTunes from what I gather due to a promo with Apple and U2.

• 2 weeks later...

iOS 8 Update....

After several weeks of experiencing problems with Apple's new iOS 8 and after many emails and telephone calls to Apple in California, where I was told that the problems were on my end and that my iPad mini was corrupted, I discovered that I'm not flipping NUTS. Rather Apple is F&@king nuts.

I just returned from the "Genius Bar" at the Apple Store and their iPad mini with iOS 8.0.2, which is the latest version, did not function properly either. So it is an issue that needs to be resolved on their end.

Hint: the genius who took care of me did not have iOs 8 in his own iPad. His recommendation is to wait a while before purchasing a phone (I am due) as all those that are currently being sold sold are upgraded to iOS 8.

One of the issues involved deals with posting pictures on a website and as I noted earlier in this thread accounts for my lack of activity in that department. I can still do so with my old iPhone, but it is difficult working with such a small device.

So much for progress!

Thanks for the update WG. I just had a small problem with my voice mail on my iphone, it stopped taking messages, and Apple has told me that before they can correct it, I have to update to iOS 8. What nonsense. I also asked about an upgrade to the new iphone 6, since I am due, and again they told me that information from my old phone could not be transferred to the new iphone unless I upgraded my old phone to the new system. A little frustrating, so I am going to hold on to the old phone till after the first of the year. Until all the excitement dies down.

An old story:

After I got out of the hospital in 2010, my DSL was screwed up. I couldn't get it fixed. Verizon told me I had to

call them.

I couldn't call them, because my iPhone needed to be upgraded, which I couldn't do until--you guessed it--I had

a live computer set up.

I forget how this was finally resolved.

I got the iPhone 6 on the first day. I was reluctant to upgrade my old iPhone and iPad to the 8. I did have a few issues with transfer info, so broke down and upgraded everything to th iOS 8. I had no problems and everything works great, and I'm happy.

Thanks for the update WG. I just had a small problem with my voice mail on my iphone, it stopped taking messages, and Apple has told me that before they can correct it, I have to update to iOS 8. What nonsense. I also asked about an upgrade to the new iphone 6, since I am due, and again they told me that information from my old phone could not be transferred to the new iphone unless I upgraded my old phone to the new system. A little frustrating, so I am going to hold on to the old phone till after the first of the year. Until all the excitement dies down.

I plan on waiting until the excitement dies down as well... However I ain't going for the six... I have a 4s now and the 5s will do me just fine. The sixes are a bit too big for my needs. I understand that the pockets of clothes need to be redesigned to accommodate the larger sizes of all the newer phones. Personally I want a small phone and a small tablet. That's all I need. Well as long as they both work properly that is!!!!! Plus I don't want to have to change my wardrobe simply to accommodate a phone! :)

I plan on waiting until the excitement dies down as well... However I ain't going for the six... I have a 4s now and the 5s will do me just fine. The sixes are a bit too big for my needs. I understand that the pockets of clothes need to be redesigned to accommodate the larger sizes of all the newer phones. Personally I want a small phone and a small tablet. That's all I need. Well as long as they both work properly that is!!!!! Plus I don't want to have to change my wardrobe simply to accommodate a phone! :)

Saw this article this morning WG. Looks like you're not alone.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-pretty-much-stopped-updating-093331380.html

• 3 weeks later...

Incidentally the new Apple upgrade iOS 8.2 does not address my original issue regarding posting pics here. I'm told that the techies are still working on it!!!! Sorry to all you guys in the Fetish Forum... as I can only post using my phone as I'm away from my home base. Patience is a virtue as they say!!!

Incidentally the new Apple upgrade iOS 8.2 does not address my original issue regarding posting pics here. I'm told that the techies are still working on it!!!! Sorry to all you guys in the Fetish Forum... as I can only post using my phone as I'm away from my home base. Patience is a virtue as they say!!!

i believe the upgrade was 8.1.

I I have no issues pasting links into Daddy's with either 8.0, 8.0.2 or 8.1.

i believe the upgrade was 8.1.

I I have no issues pasting links into Daddy's with either 8.0, 8.0.2 or 8.1.

Yes... a typo/brain freeze... You are correct. However, I just heard a horror story regarding iOS 8.1 involving an iPhone... Will report when I get more details! The problem is posting links of photos/GIFs etc from one website to another. Pasting and posting simple links is not an issue. I spoke with Apple yesterday and they are aware of the issue, but have not yet dealt with it.

Archived