Unicorn time out?

marylander1940
This topic is 3492 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why in Hell would Unicorn be given a time out.... I would certainly like a response from Daddy or one of the administrators. There are few guys on the Forum who have contributed more to Unicorn... Frankly, we are likely to lose him forever, as we lost LBT, although that was not because of a time-out. I know LbT well and he shared with me why he left, but I am not at liberty to share...

Guest countryboywny

I am confident that if Daddy and the moderators decide to put someone on "time-out" they have good reason to. Speculating as to why an apparently decent poster is on time-out isn't good for the board. It starts negativity.. and we can all do without that.

Remember, things go on here that the casual reader/poster is not privy to..

18 U.S. Code § 2257A [/url][/b]are still on the books and are being prosecuted on occassion. I can't afford to risk jail time and/or huge fines just because somebody can't keep their images in their url's.

I consider myself reasonably technically literature, but it would really help if you would clarify the meaning of "can't keep...images in their URLs." Are you saying that some people are finding backdoor ways to host images on this site, exposing you to liability, rather than hot-linking an image hosted elsewhere?

Damned autocorrect!

LOL!!! And when I'm posting and my keyboard inadvertently switches to a foreign language it can get even more bizzarre... Shoot! That should be bizarre!

I think it just means if you have a picture that would violate policies, post a link to it, don't post the picture itself. Use the leftmost icon in the right set of tools, rather than the fourth 'picture' one.

Exactly, or simply paste the link directly to the body of your message. Either way works fine!

• 2 weeks later...
18 U.S. Code § 2257A [/url][/b]are still on the books and are being prosecuted on the rare occasion. I can't afford to risk jail time and/or huge fines just because somebody can't keep their images in their url's. Unicorn can return after his vacation.

I don't know how many actually read the sources they quote, but the two laws referenced above refer to record keeping when actual (2257) or simulated (2257A) sexually explicit conduct is portrayed. None of the pictures in question showed either, so these two laws have nothing to do with the discussion. Of course, Daddy has the right to set the rules for his board, and certainly have rules which exceed those required by law. That being said, there never was and still is nothing in the posting guidelines mentioning not posting female genitalia. I'm certainly not a long-distance mind-reader. Since the guidelines allow for posting naked male genitalia as long as they're not erect, I don't see how I could somehow guess that there would be objections to showing a FTM man with female genitalia (I certainly couldn't see an engorged clitoris).

I refuse to add: "No Vaginas!"

Incidentally, the externally visible portion of the female genitalia is call the vulva, not the vagina. In order to see the vagina, you have to use an instrument to spread apart the vaginal walls, such as a speculum, as well as an appropriately-directed light source. I would venture to guess that only those of us with work in the medical profession have ever seen a vagina. If Daddy doesn't want to add something to the posting guidelines, he should not get in a huff because people violate "guidelines" which are only in his head.

Thanks for reply, Unicorn.... I never did see any reason for your time out, and there was nothing wrong, IMHO, with your post. You are also right that this is Daddy's play pen, but if he keeps putting his best posters on a time out, there will be a lot of us who will consider leaving for other pastures. When does your time out end? We really miss your posts in the Gallery and also miss your blog, so hope you find a new hosting site for it.

DD

You are also right that this is Daddy's play pen, but if he keeps putting his best posters on a time out, there will be a lot of us who will consider leaving for other pastures. When does your time out end? We really miss your posts in the Gallery and also miss your blog, so hope you find a new hosting site for it.

Well, obviously the "time-out" is over. And, yes, I certainly would have preferred a polite message along the lines of "I appreciate your contributions to this forum. I have decided I would rather not have any pictures of female genitalia on this forum. In the future, would you please post links to such pictures instead of the photo itself? I'm going to update the posting guidelines. Thanks!"

I don't know how many actually read the sources they quote, but the two laws referenced above refer to record keeping when actual (2257) or simulated (2257A) sexually explicit conduct is portrayed. None of the pictures in question showed either, so these two laws have nothing to do with the discussion. Of course, Daddy has the right to set the rules for his board, and certainly have rules which exceed those required by law. That being said, there never was and still is nothing in the posting guidelines mentioning not posting female genitalia. I'm certainly not a long-distance mind-reader. Since the guidelines allow for posting naked male genitalia as long as they're not erect, I don't see how I could somehow guess that there would be objections to showing a FTM man with female genitalia (I certainly couldn't see an engorged clitoris).

I refuse to add: "No Vaginas!"

Incidentally, the externally visible portion of the female genitalia is call the vulva, not the vagina. In order to see the vagina, you have to use an instrument to spread apart the vaginal walls, such as a speculum, as well as an appropriately-directed light source. I would venture to guess that only those of us with work in the medical profession have ever seen a vagina. If Daddy doesn't want to add something to the posting guidelines, he should not get in a huff because people violate "guidelines" which are only in his head.

As I said to you by PM earlier, welcome back!

You are also right that this is Daddy's play pen, but if he keeps putting his best posters on a time out, there will be a lot of us who will consider leaving for other pastures

and where would that be? the 'other' site barely has topics and all of it from the same five folks. it's also a little creepy how obsessed they are over there with nearly illegal looking twinkies.

this is daddy's house and unless you think you can do him one better, we respect his choices for his website

and where would that be? the 'other' site barely has topics and all of it from the same five folks. it's also a little creepy how obsessed they are over there with nearly illegal looking twinkies.

this is daddy's house and unless you think you can do him one better, we respect his choices for his website

I have not looked at the other site in years. I am not interested in twinks. But, I am also not interested, as you are, in damning someone else's sexual desires as long as the twink is of legal age.

I have not looked at the other site in years. I am not interested in twinks. But, I am also not interested, as you are, in damning someone else's sexual desires as long as the twink is of legal age.

Attraction to young looking guys who are over 18 is, in my view, no creepier than, say, interest in a man who resembles a family member but isn't one.(Sex with a family member is, of course, illegal too.) The second one is very common; think of the cliche about how men marry women who look like their mothers.

Good catch, armadillo. I had forgotten about that thread.

LOL, and featuring our esteemed Jimboi as OP.

As there are eleven or more separate posters on that single thread (by my quick count), my guess is Jimboi forgot it too.

Archived