Sottish independence

bigvalboy

I found this to be interesting. Christiane Amanpour talks with Lord David Steel.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/09/17/intv-amanpour-scotland-lord-david-steel-air.cnn.html

Apologies to Marylander. I just saw your comment where you already had started a thread on this. I would delete if it were possible, so I will repost on your thread.

the greatest beauty is

Organic wholeness, the wholeness of life and things,

the divine beauty of the universe.

Love that, not man apart from that,

or else you will share man’s pitiful confusions,

or drown in despair when his days darken."

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edinburgh is a big one to watch for too. Yeah, sort of like watching Texas secede again.

Two more (small) local authorities have now come in as not only no but Hell No. (Shetland Islands 64-36.) Not enough of a return to extrapolate but still fun to watch. (At least until bedtime.)

AND the final tally is....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scottish-independence-result--scotland-rejects-independence-as--no--vote-triumphs-043827993.html#7HbylUr

Record turn outs, and by wider margins than many believed.

the greatest beauty is

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

Texas can secede (except for Austin), and call themselves Jesusstan. Borrowing from Bill Maher here, I think.

HA!....

the greatest beauty is

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

According to CNN:[/color]

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/5579/DjuyNA.jpg

http://dailym.ai/1qhUgec

Did CNN really put up a graphic where the numbers added up to 110%? I know that network has gone downhill, but that seems pretty bad even for them.

Never mind. I just clicked the link to the Dailymail article. I see that CNN has really fallen that far.

According to CNN:[/color]

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/5579/DjuyNA.jpg

http://dailym.ai/1qhUgec

Maybe Russia is right?:confused:

Russia cries foul over Scottish independence vote

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/19/russia-calls-foul-scottish-referendum

Gman

Gman

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, The Great Gazoo is always right!!!!

Maybe Russia is right?:confused:

Russia cries foul over Scottish independence vote

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/19/russia-calls-foul-scottish-referendum

Gman

Because, you know, if anyone would recognize a manipulated election it would be Mr. Putin's Russia.

I don't have many doubts about the fairness of the Scotland vote. Russia's contention on the other hand seemed to be of an example where countries with glass voting irregularities shouldn't be throwing stones.

Gman

Gman

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, The Great Gazoo is always right!!!!

"In an apparent attempt to mirror persistent western criticism of Russia's own elections, Igor Borisov – an accredited observer – said the poll failed to meet basic international norms."

One of my co-workers grew up in the Soviet Union. When she heard about this story her immediate comment was "to a Russian, all elections are fixed".

the greatest beauty is

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

I was so excited to see the title of this thread, 'Sottish Independence'.

I thought, "Oh Boy, BVB.is going to give us a Bombay Sapphire fueled revelation about the necessity and freedom to drink! That's something upon which we both believe into excess. Then I read the thread and found out it was nothing but politics! Damn!

[h=2]sot[/h] noun \ˈsät\: a person who is often drunk

“The most progressive thing about Joe Biden is his dementia” - Braeden Sorbo

I was so excited to see the title of this thread, 'Sottish Independence'.

I thought, "Oh Boy, BVB.is going to give us a Bombay Sapphire fueled revelation about the necessity and freedom to drink! That's something upon which we both believe into excess. Then I read the thread and found out it was nothing but politics! Damn!

[h=2]sot[/h] noun \ˈsät\: a person who is often drunk

HA! Well truth be told, I did have a revelation of sorts. To show some support for a Scottish friend, we said, "Charles and Company can keep their Tanqueray and Ten", well he used stronger words than that, but you get the idea, and we dusted off a rather fine bottle of Johnnie Walker Black, and toasted the old girl. Poured 'neat' she is smooth as silk my friend. So in the end everything is/can be about politics, depending on how you look at it. ;)

the greatest beauty is

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

HA! Well truth be told, I did have a revelation of sorts. To show some support for a Scottish friend, we said, "Charles and Company can keep their Tanqueray and Ten", well he used stronger words than that, but you get the idea, and we dusted off a rather fine bottle of Johnnie Walker Black, and toasted the old girl. Poured 'neat' she is smooth as silk my friend. So in the end everything is/can be about politics, depending on how you look at it. ;)

Thank gosh you chose liquor and didn't decide to humor him by ingesting a Burn's Night Dinner where the Pièce de résistance is haggis!!!

Gman

Gman

Thank gosh you chose liquor and didn't decide to humor him by ingesting a Burn's Night Dinner where the Pièce de résistance is haggis!!!

Gman

Had to look that one up...It's sounds perfectly dreadful. ;) I wonder if he partakes?

the greatest beauty is

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e