Phil Roberston from "Duck Dynasty": one man + one woman = no STD.

marylander1940

"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson believes AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections are God's punishment for sexual immorality, according to an article by the Huffington Post.

"God says 'One woman, one man' and everybody says 'Oh that's that old Bible stuff.'...Now to me, either it's the wildest coincidence ever that horrible diseases follow immoral conduct, or it's God saying there's a penalty for that kind of conduct. I'm leaning towards there's a penalty towards it," Robertson said in a radio interview this week with Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council.

Robertson said men and women that keep sex between themselves in the bounds of marriage run no risk of acquiring one of the diseases.

"Any logical person would say what the guy is saying -- that'd be me -- is if you want to be safe from a lot of debilitating diseases that's the route to go, and it agrees with what God says. It's just one argument after another, Tony, but all you can do is show them that and say, 'Man, maybe we ought to think about this Jesus stuff,'" Robertson said.

Robertson is no stranger to calling out activity he perceives to be immoral. He made headlines last year after making anti-gay and racist remarks during an interview with GQ.

Since that time, Robertson seems to have grown more outspoken with his views after surviving a suspension from his show by A&E.

Earlier this month, he told "Good Morning America" he was "just as much a homophobe as Jesus was."

Robertson has also taken aim at Rep. Vance McAllister, R-Swartz, who was caught on video kissing a married staffer last year.

Roberton told groups in Lake Charles and Shreveport that McAllister had "fed him a lie" about being a godly man. This year, Robertson is supporting his nephew, Zach Dasher, in the race for Louisiana's 5th Congressional District seat.

Though sexual morality is a favorite talking point, Robertson has also recently waded into foreign affairs. He told Fox News' Sean Hannity that Islamic militants in Iraq needed to either be converted or killed.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/09/phil_robertson_aids_is_gods_pu.html

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

The only problem with his argument is that he's mixing his homophobia in with it. If two men meet and only have sex with each other, then they also wouldn't transmit any sexually transmitted diseases to one another. It has nothing to do with the sex being between a man and a woman and everything to do with not transmitting viruses through sexual activity. Of course most people have more than one sex partner throughout their lives and I don't think that fact is going to reverse itself any time soon.

I wonder if he applies his standard of decency to well-known womanizers and polygamist (just one at a time so far) like Rudy Giuliani and Newt Gingrich?

http://wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/newt-gingrich-adultery-billboard.jpg

http://blog.reidreport.com/uploaded_images/giuliani-family-values-782679.jpg

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

Eh, Phil Robertson can believe what he wants to believe. He doesn't seem to be interfering with other's beliefs, just stating his own.

Unfortunately, there's a whole Greek Chorus behind him chanting "Yeah, man!" -- it's called the GOP base.

But he's doing what snake oil salesmen have done for centuries. Stoke fears of "the other".

Meredith Willson had it exactly nailed.

Unfortunately, there's a whole Greek Chorus behind him chanting "Yeah, man!" -- it's called the GOP base.

But he's doing what snake oil salesmen have done for centuries. Stoke fears of "the other".

Meredith Willson had it exactly nailed.

For reasons not entirely clear to me, I have THE MUSIC MAN tape in my car right now. It's a 2006 Lexus, and the fact that they included a cassette player is remarkable in itself.

As an aside: My high school performed this one summer. I was taking a six-week course in World History, for four hours a day. I was also the only person around who could

actually sing the top tenor part in the quartet ... I still remember the music and the words.

Do not try to the patience of Dragons, for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Wow...I remember being bummed that Lexie (my dearly-departed former vehicle) didn't have a tape deck, and she was a 2002!

T

For reasons not entirely clear to me, I have THE MUSIC MAN tape in my car right now. It's a 2006 Lexus, and the fact that they included a cassette player is remarkable in itself.

As an aside: My high school performed this one summer. I was taking a six-week course in World History, for four hours a day. I was also the only person around who could

actually sing the top tenor part in the quartet ... I still remember the music and the words.

Wow...I remember being bummed that Lexie (my dearly-departed former vehicle) didn't have a tape deck, and she was a 2002!

T