Urban Outfitters Kent State T-Shirt

bigvalboy
This topic is 3505 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

That is without a doubt the most disgusting way I have ever seen a major retailer merchandise a catastrophic event in our country's history. And then attempt to simply apologize. I would certainly think twice before ever supporting their organization. Thanks BVB for the post.

Boston Bill

I have to say that the disclaimer that they weren't trying to associate the shirt with the events at Kent State to be historic in the annals of bullshittery.

yes....the quote by them in the HuffPo article seems incredibly unbelievable:

Urban Outfitters posted an apology to Twitter around 10 a.m. EST Monday, saying that it "was never our intention to allude to the tragic events that took place at Kent State in 1970 and we are extremely saddened that this item was perceived as such."

since they try to be an edgy company, the only defense I can think of for them is that they were trying to just make people think of the brutality of the Kent State killings in a graphic in-your-face way....

Archived