Django star arrested. Black woman in short dress + white man = hooker?

marylander1940
This topic is 3446 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Django star arrested by mistake. Black woman in car with white man = hooker?

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/566261/20140915/django-unchained-danielle-watts-prostitute-arrested-racism.htm

"Today I was handcuffed and detained by 2 police officers from the Studio City Police Department after refusing to agree that I had done something wrong by showing affection, fully clothed, in a public place.

When the officer arrived, I was standing on the sidewalk by a tree. I was talking to my father on my cell phone. I knew that I had done nothing wrong, that I wasn’t harming anyone, so I walked away.

A few minutes later, I was still talking to my dad when 2 different police officers accosted me and forced me into handcuffs.

As I was sitting in the back of the police car, I remembered the countless times my father came home frustrated or humiliated by the cops when he had done nothing wrong. I felt his shame, his anger, and my own feelings of frustration for existing in a world where I have allowed myself to believe that “authority figures” could control my BEING… my ability to BE!!!!!!!

"

Do they look like a hooker and a client?

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/09/14/0914-django-unchained-facebook-sub-5.jpg

Does she look like a street prostitute?

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/09/14/091414-police-instagram-launch-3.jpg

What about her? She's almost dress like that actress? (btw the story is real but my questions are sarcasm, I know some of yinz don't get it)

http://images1.chictopia.com/photos/misspouty/7572861983/white-tank-top-american-apparel-t-shirt-wwwmisspoutycom-skirt-light-pink-www_400.jpg

New version of events by TMZ, she alleges the "indecent behavior" calls happen a lot, people can't stand the 2 of them kissing on the street, she refused to identify (provide and ID) herself.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/django-actress-daniele-watts-lapd-race-card-fame-audio/

Someone called the police. The response was poor, but it does not sound like they were just passing by and decided to harass this woman. Refusing to give ID to the police, which her boyfriend did not do, is also a good way to inflame a situation. So someone lit a match. The response was probably incendiary and then the whole mess blew up with a refusal to cooperate with the police. Sounds like there is plenty of blame to go around.

This incident is yet another example of Victim Chic and Hollywood's obsession with it. Ms. Watts is screaming as loudly as possible, anywhere and everywhere, that is she is a victim. Her version of the incident is she is an innocent black woman oppressed by evil racist whitey cops. But if you want to play the victim, don't have sex in a car parked out in public because, well, that's the kind of behavior a lot of people associate with hookers. Ms. Watts takes zero responsibility for her role in this fiasco while going into full-throated racial demagoguery (Al Sharpton must be bursting with pride) regarding the police officers' behavior. If Ms. Watts wants to avoid police harassment in the future, the best way I've found is to avoid breaking the law. It's amazing how the cops leave you alone when you're not doing stupid shit like having sex out in public!! Then again, I get the sense that Ms. Watts is enjoying her additional 15 minutes of fame just a wee too much. In Hollywood, any publicity is good publicity. And with Hollywood's obsession with Victim Chic, any publicity that portrays you as a victim is absolutely the best publicity of all.

This incident is yet another example of Victim Chic and Hollywood's obsession with it. Ms. Watts is screaming as loudly as possible, anywhere and everywhere, that is she is a victim. Her version of the incident is she is an innocent black woman oppressed by evil racist whitey cops. But if you want to play the victim, don't have sex in a car parked out in public because, well, that's the kind of behavior a lot of people associate with hookers. Ms. Watts takes zero responsibility for her role in this fiasco while going into full-throated racial demagoguery (Al Sharpton must be bursting with pride) regarding the police officers' behavior. If Ms. Watts wants to avoid police harassment in the future, the best way I've found is to avoid breaking the law. It's amazing how the cops leave you alone when you're not doing stupid shit like having sex out in public!! Then again, I get the sense that Ms. Watts is enjoying her additional 15 minutes of fame just a wee too much. In Hollywood, any publicity is good publicity. And with Hollywood's obsession with Victim Chic, any publicity that portrays you as a victim is absolutely the best publicity of all.

You're clearly allergic to facts.

“Today I was handcuffed and detained by 2 police officers from the Studio City Police Department after refusing to agree that I had done something wrong by showing affection, fully clothed, in a public place,” she wrote.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/daniele-watts-actress-allegedly-mistaken-prostitute-heard-arguing-police-audio-article-1.1939813

There is a "Studio City Police Dept."? instudiocity?

“Today I was handcuffed and detained by 2 police officers from the Studio City Police Department after refusing to agree that I had done something wrong by showing affection, fully clothed, in a public place,” she wrote.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/daniele-watts-actress-allegedly-mistaken-prostitute-heard-arguing-police-audio-article-1.1939813

There is a "Studio City Police Dept."? instudiocity?

Allow me to help out here...Uhhh, that would be a NO! but they could have been cops from the studio's, if ya know what I mean...lol...I loved the cops response when she pulled the race card, you just can't make this stuff up.

definitely agree with BSR, again....must've been a reason somebody called 911....that's a very busy area of Studio City and the cops wouldn't have created a scene....read the "have sex in a car" link within BSR's post above....

a cop asks you for ID?....you show ID!!......she needed some publicity, it seems, and it's so hip these days to play the "Black victim".....

definitely agree with BSR, again....must've been a reason somebody called 911....that's a very busy area of Studio City and the cops wouldn't have created a scene....read the "have sex in a car" link within BSR's post above....

a cop asks you for ID?....you show ID!!......she needed some publicity, it seems, and it's so hip these days to play the "Black victim".....

Most people frown on the idea of being stopped and asked for papers. You and BSR have this freakish view about and fear of people you have actually more in common with (but would rather chew your arm off than admit) than those you likely idolize who look down on your kind. The future looks brighter than y'all.

The big issue here for the young lady is her refusal to show the PD her ID.

No judge is going to come down in favor of the defendant when the defendant refuses to identify themselves to the police. While everyone beats up on the PD, think about who you're going to call if they aren't around? The police by law have a right to ask for Identification and to detain anyone refusing to identify themselves - especially someone walking away from an encounter with a police officer. It's just a necessary policing power.

Interestingly, while this young lady is raising hell, refusing a lawful order and attempting to elude the police, her boyfriend has produced his ID and not been handcuffed. Wonder what lesson we can draw from that? Cooperation is better than confrontation?

The big issue here for the young lady is her refusal to show the PD her ID.

No judge is going to come down in favor of the defendant when the defendant refuses to identify themselves to the police. While everyone beats up on the PD, think about who you're going to call if they aren't around? The police by law have a right to ask for Identification and to detain anyone refusing to identify themselves - especially someone walking away from an encounter with a police officer. It's just a necessary policing power.

Interestingly, while this young lady is raising hell, refusing a lawful order and attempting to elude the police, her boyfriend has produced his ID and not been handcuffed. Wonder what lesson we can draw from that? Cooperation is better than confrontation?

+1 Never in my wildest imagination would I ever think to refuse to show a police officer my ID. Let a judge decide the validity of a stop. That's what courts are for.

Hard to get that race card back into the deck after it's been played. Victim chic speak.

""LOS ANGELES (AP) — An actress who was detained by Los Angeles police is refusing to apologize for claiming race played a role in the incident, despite calls from local civil rights leaders.

Daniele Watts issued a statement late Friday through her publicist after civil rights activists demanded that she apologize for suggesting she was handcuffed for kissing her white boyfriend in public.

Watts and boyfriend Brian Lucas were questioned last week by officers investigating a report of lewd conduct in a parked car. Watts, who is black, refused to provide identification. She was briefly handcuffed until police identified her.

The incident went viral after she and Lucas claimed on their Facebook pages that the detention reflected racial profiling.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson, who initially rallied behind the actress, said she "cried wolf" in this instance.

"I was one that was very outspoken about it," he told reporters. "We take racial profiling very seriously. It's not a play thing. It's not trivial."

Watts made no mention of race in her statement, but she maintained that she wasn't obligated to present identification to police. "It is a constitutional right that we do not have to present ID to any member of law enforcement unless we are being charged with a crime," she said.

A Los Angeles Police spokeswoman said Friday the department had no response to Watts' statement.

Watts' publicist, Bill McCoy, said she is not planning to take further action.""

• 1 month later...

Ms. Watts so desperately wanted victim chic. Now it looks like all she's getting is a conviction, fine, and maybe (hopefully) jail time. And now that a number of local civil rights activists have denounced her for crying wolf, she's all alone in this. I wish the same fate would befall every single race hoaxster.

Archived